3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

AD or FASS

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2008, 12:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know they are worth it. I was just curious if anyone had seen a mpg improvement by just putting on one of the air separator systems compared to just another (larger) fuel pump.

David
Old 10-15-2008, 12:52 PM

My mileage stayed the same, but now my OH guesser is off by 1mpg.

The install of my AD100 took about two hours, and is barely audible with the engine running. By using the AD100 and the stock pick-up tube, I didn't have to drop my tank. I can also run my tank down to empty without any issues.

The FASS is slightly louder, but it is also a bigger unit.

garrett
Old 10-15-2008, 02:01 PM

the green one is sweet looking that would match my truck how much on the green in a 150gph i may upgrade my 100 pm me a price i dont think it can be posted on the thread.

danny
Old 10-15-2008, 02:11 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by AirDog
I dont think so either. I will send you a pm. Hope that is legal. Correct me if im wrong. Im not being sneaky!
You can indeed send a price via PM as long as the member asks you to do so
Old 10-15-2008, 02:17 PM

thanks for clearling that Lary
Old 10-15-2008, 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by AirDog
Heres a couple picks of our 150 gph next to the FASS 95 and 150.
Do you have any data showing a mpg improvement ? Or are you just assuming with a better supply you will have more efficiency, therefore better fuel economy ??

Not being a smart ***, just curious.

I'm looking to upgrade my work truck for reliability reasons, not power.

David
Old 10-15-2008, 04:56 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
In any case it won't make mileage deteriorate, so if reliability is your main objective it would be more than logical to upgrade to this, the lifetime warranty alone suffices for that. I know you want to see proof, but I'm telling you my experience and that is my mileage has been better since the install.
Old 10-15-2008, 08:53 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Does anybody have a picture of an out of tank 03-04 fuel canister. I bought one a while back to put back in my truck and take out the intank unit to run an Airdog 100.
Old 10-16-2008, 06:47 AM

I have a couple of questions on these pumps if you folks would be so kind as to enlighten me. I'm a little gun shy with all the different installs people have done. I want it right the first time.

If the FASS is a larger unit would the filter last longer?

On my 04.5 do I have to drop the tank?

I'm concerned about this draw straw business and not getting fuel below a quarter tank. Why can't I just hook up to the existing fuel line coming from the tank?

I've talked to two different shops one says drop the tank the other says I don't need to which is correct?

Will the AD let me run my Edge J/A on level 4 or do I need other mods? I don't think I would run on level 4 but I'd like to know.

Thanks.
Old 10-16-2008, 08:21 AM
DTR Advertiser

Originally Posted by n2moto
I have a couple of questions on these pumps if you folks would be so kind as to enlighten me. I'm a little gun shy with all the different installs people have done. I want it right the first time.
I'll do my best to answer your questions.

If the FASS is a larger unit would the filter last longer?
I do not know how often the AD fuel filters need to be replaced but we reccommend the FASS fuel filter be replaced every 30k - 60k miles.

On my 04.5 do I have to drop the tank?
It does make the install go much faster if you have to install a suction tube kit. i realize that dropping the tank seems like a hassle but installing the suction tube with the tank attached to the truck is a pain! Dropping the tank allows you to be more accurate with the placement of the suction tube and just makes the install go easier.

I'm concerned about this draw straw business and not getting fuel below a quarter tank. Why can't I just hook up to the existing fuel line coming from the tank?
On your year truck you CAN hook it up to the existing fuel line from your tank. 2005 and above Dodges are the ones with an in-tank pump that causes a major restriction if you try to hook any aftermarket fuel pump to them. The only wild card would be if you have had the in-tank pump conversion done. Then you would need to install a suction tube kit and drop the tank.

I've talked to two different shops one says drop the tank the other says I don't need to which is correct?
The only time you would need to drop the tank is to install a suction tube kit. In your case, With your year truck, you shouldnt need to drop the tank...Again unless your installing a suction tube kit.

Will the AD let me run my Edge J/A on level 4 or do I need other mods? I don't think I would run on level 4 but I'd like to know.
Again, i don't know about the AD but the FASS will definitly run on Level 4 with no mods what so ever.

Thanks.
You are most welcome.
Old 10-16-2008, 09:32 AM

Actually ill take this time to introduce Jim. He is our newest addition to our Tech Department up here......going to help FASS (AND ME!) on the forums.

Quick Reply: AD or FASS