3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Actual hp out of a box

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2006, 10:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by OT-OF-Here
If anyone wants to know how the SMARTY performs, then ask those who are running it and testing it in different stacks. A number of members I talk to are quite happy with it's performance, as am I. It stacks beautifully. This isn't to say other products don't run or stack nicely, but it appears the SMARTY is under fire here for some reason.
that smarty is bad azz with out it my 3rd gen would have never gone 655hp/1115tq on #2 only and a stock cp3 thanks again bob!
Old 09-03-2006, 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by Bob Wagner
If the BDDL does NOT do boost fooling then you should get an over boost code and a (cel) check engine light right?

and if you cel a condition like that the engine will defuel

no?
You don't have to do any boost fooling or modify any boost table or torque tables to keep a downloader from setting a CEL on the newer trucks. The electronic wastegate will just simply open up at 32psi. This is any downloader.

We just made a nice simple plug and play device that allows you to get the full use out of the fueling the downloaders supply. This is not just the BDDL but, also the Diablo and Flashpaq.

I have no idea what Smarty does or does not do. If it does boost fooling and it makes over 32psi of boost then there will be a record of it in the ECM. I am not sure how Marco handles this but, if he claims it is undetectable I am sure he has addressed this somewhere. If not you will find out in due time when someone gets warranty denied because the records show excessive manifold pressure.

No magic.

I don't think there is anything wrong with the Smarty. I just think that some will like it and some won't. Don't let that offend you.
Old 09-03-2006, 10:40 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by OT-OF-Here
If anyone wants to know how the SMARTY performs, then ask those who are running it and testing it in different stacks. A number of members I talk to are quite happy with it's performance, as am I. It stacks beautifully. This isn't to say other products don't run or stack nicely, but it appears the SMARTY is under fire here for some reason.

"I just think that some will like it and some won't. Don't let that offend you."- Qzilla

Exactly Quad....I don't like it, i was just giving my opinion. Out-of-here...wasn't trying to make it under fire, simply pointing out that not EVERYONE will love the smarty... because i don't like the Smarty. I've tested one. Been there done that for 5 days and roughly 500 miles. not for me.
Old 09-04-2006, 12:32 AM

[QUOTE=973604x4;1114522]for all yall stacking the Smarty, thats great....but my truck isn't to that level yet. I have a stock turbo, injectors, etc.

I ran the Smarty on level 7 and its not that fast to me. Crazy Larry is much faster, especially with my Quad boost fooler.

You have a 05 did you try running it on level 9 which would be compairable to the Carzy Larry 7 is only 130hp for the 05 models just a question I also find it hard to use with cruse control it wants to hunt.
Old 09-04-2006, 12:46 AM
Banned

level 7 had my EGT gauge moving like a tachometer....i don't care if it has the power on level 9, if i can't use it because of EGTs or whatever else, whats the point?

yes....i have a couple of long write ups on a couple of sites about trans hunting, boost surging, and excessive smoke...as well as shift firmness and that horribly, uncomfortable touchy throttle.

For the highly modfied guys, i hope it works wonders. but at my level of mods, its not for me.
Old 09-04-2006, 01:35 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
OOOOOH!!! OOOOH!! OOOOHH!! A new Quad boost fooler!!!!!!!

How much Quad??? I'm game!!

Rick
Old 09-04-2006, 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by bob4x4
For anybody wondering the hi idle worked on this model.

Bob
Was this a 5-speed? I'm told it doesn't work on an 03 HO. Does it work on a 04 305/555 with 6-speed?