3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Actual hp out of a box

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2006, 10:19 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
RamWheelsBy4,

That dyno you did with the quad box comes out nearly identical to my track times vs.weight calculator= 386hp, even with my poor reaction times and 5lb boost launch.

I've never dyno'ed my truck with the quad box on. I dyno'ed mine stock except intake and exhaust and my truck did 254 rwhp.

Rick
Old 09-03-2006, 05:26 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
for all yall stacking the Smarty, thats great....but my truck isn't to that level yet. I have a stock turbo, injectors, etc.

I ran the Smarty on level 7 and its not that fast to me. Crazy Larry is much faster, especially with my Quad boost fooler.

with the Smarty on 5, i think its comparable to a Bullydog on Performance...no joke. Smarty on 7 is like a Bullydog on Extreme.....i wasn't impressed. the Smarty's drive-ability is horrible...touchy throttle, lack of midrange....at half throttle it acclerates well but when i floored it from half throttle, nothing else was there. this occured around 45mph....trailer and no trailer.

I towed (4k) with the smarty on 2....EGT's were OK unless i needed to get on it going up hill...then it was a nightmare.

I would MUCH rather drive a bullydog crazy larry/quadzilla boost fooler anyday than a Smarty....for my truck in its current mod level.
Old 09-03-2006, 05:31 PM

Lightman & RamWheelsBy4

That's great data you guys have posted. Good job.
Old 09-03-2006, 06:25 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
what does the "quad boost fooler" do? I cant find any info on the quad. it must do more than just clip the boost signal or the product would have a limited market .

973604X4 how much did the quad cost you ?

Thanks
Old 09-03-2006, 06:56 PM
Banned

as we know, the bullydog doesn't do boost fooling. The Quadzilla Boost Fooler does nothing but boost fooling...which makes a great combo IMO. 45psi of boost with the CL program works very, very well with quick spool up.

I'm a beta tester for this unit....its not in production YET. Quad said very soon. quad yell at me if you need to but it retail prices at $79.99.....so lets say if i didn't have wholesale access to Bullydog stuff, a triple dog would cost me $550 on average plus this $79.99 Quadzilla piece. That's $629.99....still shy of the Smarty's price. Plus i would have adjustability on the fly and control other things like auto locks, horn chirps, etc

Bob i know you are a fan of the Smarty and all, I am NOT calling out anyone saying the Smarty doesn't perform the way they say it does. I know how it performed for me on my truck...and my truck isn't modded like most of the guys running smartys...which is the performance difference.
Old 09-03-2006, 07:06 PM

so bullydog will set a CEL for overboost and defuel at factory settings

really?

I've never heard that complaint before. interesting
Old 09-03-2006, 07:45 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Bob Wagner
so bullydog will set a CEL for overboost and defuel at factory settings

really?

I've never heard that complaint before. interesting
what? I'm lost. where was CEL and defueling mentioned? what complaint are you referring to?

All i was and am trying to do is give my opinion that the Smarty isn't the greatest thing ever....even though it may advertise X hp, i didn't find it as appealing as the same X hp rated from another company.
Old 09-03-2006, 07:48 PM

If the BDDL does NOT do boost fooling then you should get an over boost code and a (cel) check engine light right?

and if you cel a condition like that the engine will defuel

no?
Old 09-03-2006, 07:54 PM

what benefit would a smarty user get? there must be something more to the product than you are telling us
Old 09-03-2006, 07:55 PM
Banned

No actually. Quad designed his Boost Fooler so that it doesn't throw any codes at all....so the BDDL doesn't know whats happening effectively....so Crazy Larry provides the fuel, the Quad boost fooler provides quick spool up and more boost on the top end, and its a great combo IMO for a stock turbo truck.

I don't even know if the bullydog will defuel at all if it doesn't come with the Outlook monitor...i thought the Outlook controlled defueling settings. ????
Old 09-03-2006, 07:57 PM
Banned

what benefit would a smarty user get? there must be something more to the product than you are telling us
What??? I vote no smarty, BDDL/Quadzilla boost fooler for a stock turbo.

Can the Smarty do boost fooling? IF it can't, the Quadzilla boost should be a great item for the Smarty as well.
Old 09-03-2006, 07:59 PM

you come off as an expert in your posts. I was just seeing how much you actually knew.

cheers
Old 09-03-2006, 08:00 PM

smarty does boost fooling. YES it does
Old 09-03-2006, 08:43 PM
Banned

you come off as an expert in your posts. I was just seeing how much you actually knew.

cheers

I'm only a college student with a passion for diesels. I've been "studying" diesels in online forums for 4 years now...and more recently have become more involved getting to test a Smarty (from James in Midlothian) and also getting to beta test the Quadzilla Boost Fooler....Edge wanted me to beta test the newest A2 software back in June as well but i turned that down. I simply love our sport. IF Texas A&M had Diesel Technology as a major, you can bet i would be majoring in it.
Old 09-03-2006, 10:07 PM

How's the SMARTY doing?

If anyone wants to know how the SMARTY performs, then ask those who are running it and testing it in different stacks. A number of members I talk to are quite happy with it's performance, as am I. It stacks beautifully. This isn't to say other products don't run or stack nicely, but it appears the SMARTY is under fire here for some reason.

Quick Reply: Actual hp out of a box