3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

A2 and KORE chase update

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2005, 11:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A2 and KORE chase update

Hey all
thought id post a lil update in the week or so since ive had the A2...I havent had any experience with the first gen attitude so i dont know how much of it differs...

-I guess everyone has been saying that the turbo guage isnt much good above 32 to 36 psi...thats seems about right, I havent seen it go much above that, even under full acceleration on level 5
-Havent noticed any tranny slip that the module is supposed to pick up...its stayed at 0 percent the whole time even full accel on level 5, not sure if that's normal or not
-I was able to get it to defuel by setting the turbo defueling settings down, and you can really feel it lose its *****.
-One little quirk about the unit is that it has a clock that only pops up sometimes and resets everytime you shut the truck off
-As for the NAV unit, the Tom Tom software is really cool, easy to use...you can chose your location and route to be shown in 3D, or like a map, or as text like on mapquest, and when you go to punch in the address and stuff, its all predictive text so its easy to use
-Sometimes the compass on the NAV unit gets turned around and ppoints north instead of south but its only momentarily i wonder if it has to do with the antenna direction but im not sure...
-WHen you make a wrong turn, or try to take a different route because of heavy traffic etc, the unit picks up on it and automatically reroutes you based on where you go, i.e. if you get off the freeway to avoid traffic, it will pick a new route that doesnt use that freeway

I know a lot of you are very critical of the A2 because of the price. Its is pretty expensive and you could probably put together something similar for a lot cheaper but it is a neat little unit and I am very happy with it. If you are strapped for cash, go woth the first gen, but if you have the money its worth it.

And now for the KORE chase system
Ive had it now for probably a month or say maybe a little longer, but i love it. The truck literally rides like a dream very stable and soft at speed, easy over bumps etc, and can take some gnarly stuff a pretty high speeds i.e. big dips, ruts, etc that you would normally have to slow down for. I have jumped it twice and it doesnt get squirrley on the landings. Its got limiting straps to prevent the bilstein 7100s from topping out, though i havent gotten them charged with nitrogen yet. The steering stabilizer is in, too, and i am a big fan of how it improves the steering feel and keeps everything pointed the way you want to go even though the terrain is rough. All in all it was way worth the 3000 bucks...you definitely get what you pay for. I know a couple of guys were looking to get this kit on their trucks, so if you have any questions about the performance or the install, feel free to shoot me a question.

Edit: yeah yeah, i know this thread is useless without pics i will try and get them asap.
Old 11-11-2005, 11:58 PM
Thats MR Hoss to you buddy!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I think I'll go with the A2 and then just get a separate GPS if I want one.
Old 11-12-2005, 02:52 AM

p.s. im going to baja for the 1000 next week ill let you know how it performs
Old 11-12-2005, 09:19 AM

-Sometimes the compass on the NAV unit gets turned around and ppoints north instead of south but its only momentarily i wonder if it has to do with the antenna direction but im not sure...
Thats normal for any gps...One limitation of gps is that you must be in motion for a truly accurate reading....It will give you a great fix while stationary, but motion allows it to compute the math more efficiently...Since its not magnetic, it has no idea what north is...Only when in motion can it calculate what north is, by mathematical function based on time...
Old 11-12-2005, 02:19 PM

a2

any trick mounting solution for the a2 I get mine on monday when i get back from vacation. I any tips or tricks from your experience withthe install and programming would be helpful.
also while im at it.
I am interested in a performance minded muffler. any ideas on a true tested unit?
Old 11-12-2005, 05:30 PM

i just mounted mine using the little suction cup thing that they send with it...no real problems with the install just figure out how you want to run the wires and where you want to hide the extra...