3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

5" exhaust tubing.....

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2007, 09:22 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
5" exhaust tubing.....

I know this question has been beat many times, but where I can find some 5" exhaust tubing? Local Kenworth, Peterbilt, International store?

The reason I ask is I make my own stuff when possible, like my 4" exhaust (minus the muff which I bought) and I made my own air intake among other things.

Now, I am not upgrading to 5" for awhile, but would be nice to be prepared when I do decide to.

So, any leads or info would be great!
Old 01-21-2007, 10:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If your looking for 304SS check with these guys http://stores.channeladvisor.com/ver...er%20Diameter/
I have bought bends and tubing from them in the past, great to deal with. Ask for Tom Howard.
Old 01-21-2007, 11:18 AM

Here's some......
5" Flex http://store.airflo.com/ss5.html

5"x60" aluminized steel tubing http://store.airflo.com/4310-560.html
you may want to call them to see if the carry other sizes when I searched the site it brought up a bunch of 5" exhaust stuff
but for some reason the 5" straight exhaust is not listed in the "exhaust tubing" section on the left side of the screen. (only 5" flex)

I would like to see a write up on a homemade 5" exhaust

Mark
Old 01-21-2007, 11:32 AM
Banned

I just installed my 5" system this weekend and I went out to Kenworth and got a 5"x24" bull hauler stack and cut the tip off the 5" system and welded it on... Worked out awesome and looks sweet I will take some pic's this afternoon I am going to wash the truck today..

But anyways they had 5" pipine sitting out in their store..

Shane
Old 01-21-2007, 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by Luvnacumns
I just installed my 5" system this weekend and I went out to Kenworth and got a 5"x24" bull hauler stack and cut the tip off the 5" system and welded it on... Worked out awesome and looks sweet I will take some pic's this afternoon I am going to wash the truck today..

Shane
I want to see pic's of the new exhaust tip and the quad pod!!
Old 01-21-2007, 12:58 PM
Banned

I took and run my tip straight out under the rear bumper so that when I blow soot it goes right out onto the @SSh### that's riding me.. I will have pic's of the quad tonight if I get time!!! I am working on the finishing right now but have to go to a b-day party so that will take some time away... I'm trying to find someone to mass-produce these...

Shane
Old 01-21-2007, 01:52 PM
tcr

Originally Posted by SSminnow
I know this question has been beat many times, but where I can find some 5" exhaust tubing? Local Kenworth, Peterbilt, International store?

The reason I ask is I make my own stuff when possible, like my 4" exhaust (minus the muff which I bought) and I made my own air intake among other things.

Now, I am not upgrading to 5" for awhile, but would be nice to be prepared when I do decide to.

So, any leads or info would be great!
Do you have a fleetpride near you? They have all you will want, 90s, 45s, turndowns.....anything!
Old 01-21-2007, 07:19 PM
Banned

Exactly what I needed, thanks guys!!!!
Old 01-21-2007, 10:37 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by tcr
Do you have a fleetpride near you? They have all you will want, 90s, 45s, turndowns.....anything!
Fleetpride, will have to check. Thanks!
Old 01-21-2007, 10:38 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Luvnacumns

Shane

There is a Kenworth, Peterbilt, and an International store near me, so will look there, thanks!
Old 01-21-2007, 10:59 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 53 ******
Here's some......
5" Flex http://store.airflo.com/ss5.html

5"x60" aluminized steel tubing http://store.airflo.com/4310-560.html
you may want to call them to see if the carry other sizes when I searched the site it brought up a bunch of 5" exhaust stuff
but for some reason the 5" straight exhaust is not listed in the "exhaust tubing" section on the left side of the screen. (only 5" flex)

I would like to see a write up on a homemade 5" exhaust

Mark
Thanks for the link. Seems to me a good price from Air Flo for the five foot section of 5" tubing. I am going to check the local Big Rig dealers and see if they can match/beat that pricing. If not, then will order up the 5"x60" from Air Flo.

Want to see homemade 5", huh? Well, my 4" is homemade. SInce my truck came with the 4" after the muff, all I did was buy a Magnaflow muff. Once that came in, put it in place, and measured from the front of the muff to the down pipe,and ordered some 4" from Summitt. I also ordered a 3 1/2" to 4" reducer from Summitt as well. I cut the 3 1/2" exhaust out of the way, welded on the 3 1/2" to 4" reducer, and welded the muff to the tailipipe. Then I positioned the tailpipe/muff in place, bolted up the down pipe, and measured longer than needed be by 2" I then was able to slide the tubing inside the muff, and butt weld the front to my 3 1/2 to 4" reducer down pipe. Piece of cake.

What I am going to do with the 5" is pretty similar. I now have a 4" downpipe in place. And all the down pipe really is straight piece of pipe (for the most part) with a 45* angle a the bottom. So, I am going to take my 4" downpipe, and about 6" after the flange where it bolts up to the exhaust elbow, cut the downpipe apart there. Locate a 4" to 5" reducer, and weld it in. Then locate a 45* 5" and with some 5" tubing, will have a home made down pipe. Then all yo uhave to do is place the 5" tubing inplace all the way to the muff (not sure on which muff I am going to buy) and THEN the hardest part. Fabbing up the tailpipe. But with some patience, some 45* 5" bends and maybe even a 90* bend and cut it in half (which will make 2 45* bends )

That is why it will take me some time to get a 5" exhaust in place, as I just like making stuff. Really all I need to do is buy the 5" Motoblue Monster exhaust from RPMoutlet fr $370 and be done with it. But, can not bring myself to do it.
Old 01-21-2007, 11:22 PM

Originally Posted by SSminnow

That is why it will take me some time to get a 5" exhaust in place, as I just like making stuff. Really all I need to do is buy the 5" Motoblue Monster exhaust from RPMoutlet fr $370 and be done with it. But, can not bring myself to do it.
you and me think a lot alike
Old 01-22-2007, 12:16 AM
Banned

Got mine from http://www.dieselperformancesystem.com/index.html
$325 to my door with free shipping.. Ordered monday got it friday!!! I just need a muffler 5" straight it waaaaaaay tooooo loud!!!

Shane
Old 01-22-2007, 09:53 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by 53 ******
you and me think a lot alike

You got that right my friend. So much easier buying the kit, but so much FUNNER making it. I am also in the process of making a mount for my TST remote. Will take pics of that and put them in my photo gallery as well I am also making the air intake that I believe you came up with (possibly another member), and the pics are in my photo gallery of that as well. Mine should be done today or tomorrow. It is the "making" that I like so much......