3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

48re to allison 2400 series

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2012, 04:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
48re to allison 2400 series

i dont need opinions on whats best just facts, the trans is already in, trying to help my bro out by getting this thing running, all that is left is electrical. heres what i need help with. truck is a '06 5.9 cr.

-dodge tps to allison trans, can it work or not, we have an allison tps but having two is dumb, but im told the threshholds are different.

-making the the truck not have trans codes, ie program to manual trans, but will the dash display still show which gear im in, i know its not the same but close enough, is it the engine or body that needs to be programmed or both?

-truck has an edge chip, is there a way to still use the trans temp in the chip or is the sender mixed in with something else.

i think thats it. if you guys have any questions feel free to ask! we have friends who have done 12v and 24v conversions but not a cr engine.

Thanks a ton in advance
Old 09-26-2012, 09:04 PM

Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by travis77454
i dont need opinions on whats best just facts, the trans is already in, trying to help my bro out by getting this thing running, all that is left is electrical. heres what i need help with. truck is a '06 5.9 cr.

-dodge tps to allison trans, can it work or not, we have an allison tps but having two is dumb, but im told the threshholds are different.

-making the the truck not have trans codes, ie program to manual trans, but will the dash display still show which gear im in, i know its not the same but close enough, is it the engine or body that needs to be programmed or both?

-truck has an edge chip, is there a way to still use the trans temp in the chip or is the sender mixed in with something else.

i think thats it. if you guys have any questions feel free to ask! we have friends who have done 12v and 24v conversions but not a cr engine.

Thanks a ton in advance
I do not know all the electrical stuff on the ` 06, or the newer 2400 allison. I did my own electrical on an `04 2400 behind my `80 8.2 detroit fuel pincher, that is all mechanical injection, and all works well. over on the cummins4Bt&diesel Conversions site, there`s a sticky on the allison trans conversion. MaxPf knows all there`s to know about your problems, and you can read all the things you need to do to make your 2400 work. it is a good thread, and you`ll know how he learned all the stuff needed to make the early 2400 and the later 2400 work. the early stuff used analog computer signals and the later ones use canbus signals. get your self over there and reap the benefits of all his hard work the early 2400`s are 5 speed and the later 2400`s are 6 speeds