3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

35lbs of BOOST!?!?

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2007, 12:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
35lbs of BOOST!?!?

All right mods are in signature but with my 05 I can only build 35 pounds of boost then it levels off. All my buddies that are stock besides the edge juice can build 40 easy on a stock turbo what gives? I have toyed with the boost elbow turned the screw all the way in then all the way out and still only 35 but when turned out it would build 35 then drop to about 32. I build 35 pounds in a couple secs in 4th gear 2500 rpm and I'm out of boost what gives? The edge is set to defuel at 50, it takes off like a bat and feels like it just levels when it hits 35 pounds I can just watch the tack jump to about 2500 rpm and it feels like it takes forever to get to 3k. What gives is there something wrong with this turbo though it is brand new or is it something with the juice. I know I should be capable of building more then that.
Old 11-30-2007, 02:08 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i would start looking for a boost leak seems like you should have more boost than what your getting? have you tried another gauge? also might see if your turbo has play in the shaft.
Old 11-30-2007, 02:26 AM

Check the intercooler boots and tighten the clamps
Old 11-30-2007, 02:49 AM

All right I'll check for leaks but as fast as it builds boost I would think it would be fluctuating a little bit and not just holding steady at 35. I also cannot hear any but I guess it would be kinda hard to hear driving down the road. I mean sometimes if I punch it on the highway it will take off like a rocket like it's building all the boost and then other times it's real doggy like its hard to explain. I was racing one of my buddies the other day and I took off it was just like a stock truck then it just all of a sudden took off and it's done that a few times now it's really hard to explain but I wasn't watching the boost gauge. I'll tighten all the clamps tomorrow and see if that helps but I really don't think they are leaking I'm starting to wonder if something isn't wrong with the edge. But I Wot the smoke clears up but it isn't all the way gone. This truck has never built over 35 pounds of boost ever from what the edge says, could something be wrong with the boost fooler on the edge? Or do I have the edge or ez hooked up wrong where the boost fooler isn't working and it's choking it down? I barely beat one of my buddies that only has an edge hot juice.
Old 11-30-2007, 05:53 AM

by any chance do you have one of the plastic intercoolers? It might be leaking there.
Old 11-30-2007, 06:45 AM

Hold on you are running a phat shaft 66, which has a wastegate. Thats probably what you need to look at.
Old 11-30-2007, 06:49 AM
Chapter President

Power/No power

Originally Posted by Kman9090
All right I'll check for leaks but as fast as it builds boost I would think it would be fluctuating a little bit and not just holding steady at 35. I also cannot hear any but I guess it would be kinda hard to hear driving down the road. I mean sometimes if I punch it on the highway it will take off like a rocket like it's building all the boost and then other times it's real doggy like its hard to explain. I was racing one of my buddies the other day and I took off it was just like a stock truck then it just all of a sudden took off and it's done that a few times now it's really hard to explain but I wasn't watching the boost gauge. I'll tighten all the clamps tomorrow and see if that helps but I really don't think they are leaking I'm starting to wonder if something isn't wrong with the edge. But I Wot the smoke clears up but it isn't all the way gone. This truck has never built over 35 pounds of boost ever from what the edge says, could something be wrong with the boost fooler on the edge? Or do I have the edge or ez hooked up wrong where the boost fooler isn't working and it's choking it down? I barely beat one of my buddies that only has an edge hot juice.
I had the same issue with my truck. I don't know what downloader was left on my truck. Sometimes it would go and other times it was a dog. I did get the ecm flashed and it still has some quirkes. Look at my dyno sheet in my members photos. One of a kind unless you've got one too.
Old 11-30-2007, 08:03 AM

Make sure you have the juice set to defuel higher than 35 psi.
Old 11-30-2007, 04:58 PM

I have it set to defuel at 50, I have looked at the wastegate and have turned it all the way in and all the way out with no difference.
Old 11-30-2007, 05:10 PM
Banned

i have a setup similar to your with a 66 and make over 50 lb
Old 11-30-2007, 05:32 PM

If you have an 05 with the NV5600 and not the G56 then you have the plastic tank IC. It is more than likely the problem.
Old 11-30-2007, 05:32 PM

I have a 2005 with the Edge/attitude and was having the same problem with boost with my stock turbo. Contacted Edge went on a test drive with a tech on the phone and discovered my Edge was bad. I sent the Edge in last week along with $50.00 bucks and four days later a new unit with a turbo timer. Now I can pull 40 lb of boost and the turbo timer works great.
Old 11-30-2007, 07:16 PM

That's all my '05 will make also.
Old 11-30-2007, 08:19 PM

Man all i have is 50hp injectors the crazy larry with the edge hot juice with stock everything else besides tranny and at about 85 to 90 mph both my boost guage and my monitor will hit 50 psi. Thats odd thats all your getting out of that.
Old 11-30-2007, 08:32 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by white250005
Man all i have is 50hp injectors the crazy larry with the edge hot juice with stock everything else besides tranny and at about 85 to 90 mph both my boost guage and my monitor will hit 50 psi. Thats odd thats all your getting out of that.
Your monitor can't be hitting 50psi. It reads off the electronics which only read to about 42psi. That's why a manual gauge is needed.

kman - how long have you had the Juice? Make sure it's newer than version 1.1 on the box under the hood. If it's a 1.1 it needs updated as they were having problems with boost fooling for a while. Also, is it HOT? You said you barely beat your buddy, but if your's isn't hot, his hot adds more than your ez.

Quick Reply: 35lbs of BOOST!?!?