3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

315's Priceless

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2004, 10:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RickE, If you move the plates to the top you can reuse the bolts. If you just remove them then you have to get shorter ones. Yes I put the jack stand behind the axle on the spring but it may be better putting it on the front side and the brake lines all clear with no problem. The only thing I saw was when you remove the brake caliper later to change pads you have to remove the top bolt from the top, not a straight shot anymore. As far as setting lower in the back than the front with a load it depends on the load.
Old 04-22-2004, 11:21 PM
DTR's 'Wrench thrower...' And he aims for the gusto...

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
RickE,

I think it will take about 800 to 1000 lbs. or so to bring the truck to level with the blocks out. You can still carry quite a bit without it being low in the back and, of course, it depends on where you set the load. Front of the bed or back.
You don't have to mess around with the brake lines at all. Everything clears and the axle only drops away from the spring enough to get the blocks out.
Yeah, I live on the peninsula during the week and out in the Valley on weekends.

I'm thinking H2 wheels would make handy garden hose hangers. Maybe I'll mount a few on the house near the faucets and check it out. Might need another set. Maybe air hose reels in the garage.

Wetspirit
Old 04-22-2004, 11:36 PM

Wetspirit, I use to travel out to Pillar Point for work. Do you know where that is? Just north of Half Moon Bay. Nice area but to cold for me.
Old 04-23-2004, 12:04 AM
DTR's 'Wrench thrower...' And he aims for the gusto...

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Jerry R,

Yeah, I get over to Pillar point once in a while. Used to sail my boat over there and I also go over to get salmon or wander around once in a while. If you ever get out to the west coast again look me up. It would be fun to hang out with you.

Wetspirit
Old 04-24-2004, 07:19 AM

Let me get this straight.

If I put H-2 Rims on my truck, I have to have the holes drilled bigger to fit the axel correctly? I ran into a guy that has them and the 315's and he said he had to put a leveling kit on the front. His truck looked nice, and it didn't appear that the front had been raised any. He didn't mention anything about having to drill the holes bigger.
I have stock Alum's on mine and wondered if I can put 315's on them. I like the rims but I don't know if they can handle that big of a tire. Would it be better if I wanted to keep the rims to go with a 305?
What do I do with the old rims if I do happen to get H-2's or similar?
Old 04-24-2004, 11:40 PM

I lowered the rear this afternoon. Did like Jerry and put the spacers on top and reused existing bolts. I measured to floor before and after:
Front license frame went from 23 7/8" to 24 1/4"=+3/8".
Rear hitch receiver went from 23" to 21 1/2"=-1 1/2".
Difference at axles went from +3" to +1 7/8" higher at rear =-1 1/8.

Thanks, Jerry and Wetspirit.
Old 04-26-2004, 10:23 PM

Anyone ever find out if the H2 setup will work on a 2nd gen? Ive got a 96 that i just put D25s on, I need tires and wheels pretty bad. I wanted to go with 35" bfg at in the 16.5" size, I know these tires hold up great. But the wheel selection is not that great. Any idea how well the H2 tires hold up? Same old bfgs or a cheaper model?
thanks, Matt
Old 04-27-2004, 09:29 AM

Mattgbank, I can't help on the Gen2 fitment question but the BFG's look to be the same quality as the aftermarket BFG's. I am running a set of H2 take-offs on my 2004.5 and they are as smooth as glass.