3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

315's Priceless

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2004, 09:02 PM
DTR's 'Wrench thrower...' And he aims for the gusto...

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Hole Hawg

hoot,

Way to go on the H2 wheels! If you already have a Hole Hawg you know the deal. They're like a portable Cummins with handles, torque city. Be sure to center the hole saw on the front side of the wheel first, use the side handle, and then start turning slowly. Chattering is good because it makes the hole slightly larger and you have to go out to about 4 7/8". Tell me how you like the wheels when you get them mounted.
I just picked up my second set so when mine are worn out there's a fresh set standing by

Wetspirit
Old 04-19-2004, 09:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wetspirit, I was thinking of doing the same thing. Get em while they are cheap. I still need to get a spare also. Got my windows tinted today. Big difference inside and looks nice too. I think I will stand there on the mods for now. Give my wife a chance to cool off.
Old 04-20-2004, 04:55 AM

I'm thinking about picking up another set too while they are cheap. I only need 3, though, since I have one on my spare already. I may have to buy 4 just to get the good deal... I'm talking about tires only....
Old 04-20-2004, 06:07 AM

Dodgezilla, if you get 4 let me know I will buy the 4th one off you for my spare.
Old 04-20-2004, 10:26 AM

More, more, more

Jerry R,

I love it, more , more, more. I think I'll get a third set. I'm actually trying to get the right nuts to run the H2 wheels on my trailer, then I'll "need" six more. Never hurts to have a few sets standing by "just in case". Pretty soon I won't be able to get into the garage at all and I'll be swatting wheels away like flies.
Maybe it's time you started looking at a chip for the engine. I'm looking for timing and boost fooling only. Help! I'm falling. Can't stop spending. More mods!

Wetspirit
Old 04-20-2004, 10:52 AM

Wetspirit,

Actually I was just looking at getting a True Flow Foam Air Filter. They look pretty impressive as far as filtering and air flow. I need to try to improve my MPG's a little. A chip is in the future, but I think there is still a lot of bugs to work out and a lot of improvements ahead.
Old 04-20-2004, 12:56 PM

Will the H-2 wheel fit a 2001? Looks like everyone that is using them has a 3rd Gen 03-04 truck.
Old 04-20-2004, 01:02 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Third Gen's use AAM axles like GM so the bolt patterns match. Even the rear Mag Hytek cover from my Dmax fits on my new rig
Old 04-20-2004, 03:33 PM

Do you need a lift kit to run the H2 wheels with the 315's so that they do not rub. Or is the back spacing such that they will work on a stock pick-up
Old 04-21-2004, 02:45 PM

Jerry R and Wetspirit,

Check my signature. I have a Reg Cab too. 1 week old today.

I'm going to lower the rear. I don't know whether to take out both or one spacer. Does it cause any vibration or driveshaft angle problems?
Old 04-21-2004, 08:44 PM

RickE, Nice truck! I took out both and so far have had no problem. Makes the truck look a lot better. Should be better for drive line angle because it decreases it. Follow Wetspirits guide, it worked well for me. I put the plates on top so I could reuse the same hardware.

42Flatfender, no need for any lift. Everything clears well.
Old 04-22-2004, 12:08 AM

Jerry R
Thanks for the info. I contacted a hummer dealer about two hours from the house today and they have a new set of them for 650.50. I think I will go and get they tomorrow.
Old 04-22-2004, 03:04 AM

RickE,

Way to go on the nice truck! I suggest taking out both spacer blocks because they are pretty thin and the truck will still be a bit higher in the rear. Vibration is not a problem and I don't think it has ever been a problem with the standard cabs .

42Flatfender,

The H2 wheels are the perfect size for these Dodges. No lift kit needed and no rubbing. It is amazing how well they fit!

Dr.Kayak,

Be a little careful before you buy a set of H2 wheels for a 2001. I'm not sure they will clear in the same way as on a 2004. Bolt pattern is the same but the axle width was changed and I'm not sure when. It would be great if you could test fit first. Let us know how it goes. I'm going to try a set on my buddies '96 to check for clearance and offset. We'll see.

Wetspirit
Old 04-22-2004, 03:08 AM

RichE,

Hey, i just realized you're in the Bay Area. Me too. If you want to check mine out before you dive in, let me know. Where are you?

Wetspirit
Old 04-22-2004, 09:18 PM

Jerry R,

Did you reuse the existing bolts in the spring pack or did you do as Wetspirit did and replace them? From your post, it seemed like you reused them. Did you support the spring behind the axle like Wetspirit...if so what about the brake lines? I want to do this while it's still nice and clean.

Wetspirit,

I'm in Danville. If I remember, you're on the Peninsula, right? Can you answer any of the above questions? Does the truck sit lower in back than front with a load?

Thanks, guys.
Rick

Quick Reply: 315's Priceless