3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

3 inch front spacer with 6 inch lift?

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2008, 11:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I swithched my tuff country spacers on the six inch lift for the superlift 6 inch springs (for a better ride) and lost like a 1/2 inch in the front. It bothers me. Is there anyway to get that 1/2 back? Can i ad a 2 inch leveling kit with out changing anything/ Or could i ad a fabricated 1/2 spacer or something. Any thoughts will be welcome ones. Thanks alot all.
Old 03-26-2008, 06:41 AM

Originally Posted by KKoteles
what kind of clearence issuses are we talking about, will swat bar drop brakcets take care of the problem, what about a longer drop pitman arm, or is the 6 inch one good enough?
Your steering link going from the pitman arm to the knuckle will probably contact the sway bar mount welded to the axle at around 8-9". Its a geometry thing that as the truck goes up, the steering linkage goes up with it and gets close to the mount on the axle. Just go look at the front of your truck where the sway bar bracket is welded to the axle and picture the steering link being 2" higher at the pitman arm. That raises the steering linkage enough that it begins to contact that sway bar mount when your wheels are turned.
Old 03-26-2008, 06:48 AM

Originally Posted by jamesbfishin
Unruly

Would your buddy build another set of radius arms if the truck was in his shop? Those things look awesome, how's the ride?

KKoteles, sorry didn't mean to hijack your thread man...

He'll build anything you want if you leave the truck there. Plus, he backs his stuff up. The ride was WAY better. But you could get a long arm kit from Top Gun alot quicker that would do about the same thing. My guy fabricates everything on the spot from extremely high quality metal. He takes degree measurements, resets the wheel base to factory, moved brake lines, cut a shim into the rear lift block, painted and installed it all for a very CUSTOM ONE OF A KIND setup. It just takes time. He keeps about 3-4 "magazine" major projects in the shop, then does other small things on the side when he's waiting on payments or parts. I walked in and he was airbrushing guitars for a rock band because they liked his paint work on a Harley.
Old 03-26-2008, 06:51 AM

Originally Posted by DUKCALN
I swithched my tuff country spacers on the six inch lift for the superlift 6 inch springs (for a better ride) and lost like a 1/2 inch in the front. It bothers me. Is there anyway to get that 1/2 back? Can i ad a 2 inch leveling kit with out changing anything/ Or could i ad a fabricated 1/2 spacer or something. Any thoughts will be welcome ones. Thanks alot all.
Superlift makes some spacer rings that you weld into the bottom perch that are about that size.
Old 03-26-2008, 07:54 AM

what can i do about the sway bar mounts, so if i go 9 inches in the front they wont be a problem, thanks,
Old 03-26-2008, 09:05 AM

I reduced the castor just enough to reduce some of the contact as a temporary fix. Then I did an aftermarket steering system and then reset my castor. Don't know what others had done.

You might be fine with no changes needed, just be aware that there may be contact and be ready to fix it somehow. You probably won't know until you try it.
Old 03-26-2008, 09:12 AM

One more thing, I did some fender trimming to fit my 40's on 20x10's with 4.5 bs and I'm setting at 9". If you have a wide wheel, your probably gonna need a body lift if your not gonna cut. That's just my opinion.
Old 03-26-2008, 12:04 PM

well i think that i am going to go with an 38 inch tire, and i think like 3.6 back space on the new rims, so i think that a little trim will do the trick, what do you think
Old 03-26-2008, 12:35 PM

funny when I asked about doing this EXACT same thing..everyone said no..dont do it lol
Old 03-26-2008, 12:37 PM

well i think that i am going to go with an 38 inch tire, and i think like 3.6 back space on the new rims, so i think that a little trim will do the trick, what do you think
The pro-comp X terrians come in a 38.5 I have a set sitting in my shed with the stickers still on them...waiting lol They are a nice tire tho...
Old 03-26-2008, 09:45 PM

I don't know for sure, every truck will sit a bit different. But I think a 38 would be your best bet. might not even have to trim.
Old 03-26-2008, 10:19 PM

Unruly

Thanks for the info, when I figure out what direction I want to go with this truck I might get your guys phone # from ya

Sweet looking rig, that thing is a beast....
Old 04-16-2008, 01:17 AM

I'm in the process of doing this myself, does anyone know if the thuren adjustable track bar would recenter my axle. I already have the drop bracket that comes with the superlift kit.
Old 04-16-2008, 06:56 PM

yup, the thuren bar is a nice piece. It'll do the trick. Just talk to Don and he'll tell you what you need to do.
Old 04-16-2008, 08:56 PM

i dont know much about toyos but are the 40's 15.5 wide or are they more narrow i have 8inches running 36x15.5 and next time i am going to a 38

Quick Reply: 3 inch front spacer with 6 inch lift?