3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

2003 Tntr Users Only!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2008, 03:11 PM
tcr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 Smarty TNTR Users Only!!

Ok, I'm now positive that the TNTR doesn't work w/ my truck(no matter what level # or TM settings I use). I would only like to hear from others w/ 2003s that have the TNTR AND AN AUTO TRANSMISSION. I'm absolutely positive it is the Smarty TNTR program when I've tried EVERY OTHER SMARTY PROGRAM AVAILABLE and have had no other issues when shifting. The issue I have is under WOT, when downshifting the transmission will never go into the lower gear, it acts like it's bouncing off the rev limiter. If I let off the gas it will shift into gear and keep going. Am I stuck w/ the betas and regular tunes? Bob, Marco???
Old 05-01-2008, 04:13 PM
Banned

no problems here other than draining the rail... but i got a hand shaker
Old 05-01-2008, 08:41 PM
tcr

Yeah, You guys aren't going to see anything wrong, I need to hear from the 03 autos only.
Old 05-01-2008, 09:43 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Does it only do it when the 4k rpm limiter is enabled and when it's 3500 rpms and above?

Wonder if its the governor pressure solenoid.

MikeyB
Old 05-02-2008, 07:07 AM
tcr

"Wonder if its the governor pressure solenoid."
No, Seriously! It's not my truck, it is the tuner w/ this particular tune in it. My truck will haul ***** w/ the 4.3, much stronger than the TNT, and I have no issues shifting. You know how many tunes I've tested, and I've never had this issue, it's not my GPS, it's not my tranny. If I were Marco, I would look into what's different in this tune, because it is like clockwork on every level. I could take you for a spin and make it happen every single time!

MikeyB, To answer your question, No, it happens all the time on and off the 4000rpm tune. I've tried everything on my end to see what the constant is.
Old 05-02-2008, 07:17 AM
tcr

MikeyB, I know, I know. I'll have a cold one soon, it's only 7am. I'm just very frustrated that I cant use this tune. If it was my truck it would be fixed already, I wish it was my truck.
Old 05-02-2008, 07:23 AM

What's the version number for the TNT/R? Is it the latest, which is 5.4 I believe?

MikeyB
Old 05-02-2008, 07:29 AM
tcr

Originally Posted by MikeyB
What's the version number for the TNT/R? Is it the latest, which is 5.4 I believe?

MikeyB
It is the 5.3 which is the same as the 5.4, but I guess the 5.4 works on more rigs or the s-04, or something like that. I also had the 5.1 that acted the same way. We've been trying, I've got to hand it over to Bob, he's given me all the different versions to try. I just can't believe I've got the only one doing it, but there's not many 03 autos out there w/ the TNTR.
Old 05-02-2008, 07:42 AM

Don't know what to tell you. Curious if you installed a pressure gauge on the tranny port and checked between the TNT/R and the other versions and see if there's a difference.

MikeyB
Old 05-02-2008, 01:14 PM
DTR 1st Sergeant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I know mine is 04, not 03-- but they are the same for all purposes (mine built August 03) I do not have the issues you describe.
Old 05-02-2008, 01:15 PM
DTR 1st Sergeant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I am running TNT/R...
Old 05-02-2008, 01:28 PM
Banned

it shuldnt affect the trans at all... if i recall, 03/04 had a seperate trany ecm, i dont belive smarty does any thing to it.
Old 05-02-2008, 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by gus's 03
it shuldnt affect the trans at all... if i recall, 03/04 had a seperate trany ecm, i dont belive smarty does any thing to it.
Yeah, that is true, but somehow someway it has an affect. I talked to dave Goerend about this indepth a couple different times after I got my trans.

Some softwares just do some wierd stuff. I can tell you that I can run the wild tq man of the 4.11 softwares because of serious shifting issues, I can't run the newer 4.4 beta on levels 7 or 9 without shifting issues either. I was stuck with 4.11 mod tq until I tried this TNT/non r or revo or what ever we call it. My truck actually likes this software as far as shifting goes excpet for I found 2 settings so far that make it go nuts if I need passing gear. I am not sure if it is trans or motor related because I won't stay in it long enough to try and figure it out.

Good luck tcr
Old 05-02-2008, 02:44 PM
tcr

Originally Posted by RonP
Yeah, that is true, but somehow someway it has an affect. I talked to dave Goerend about this indepth a couple different times after I got my trans.

Some softwares just do some wierd stuff. I can tell you that I can run the wild tq man of the 4.11 softwares because of serious shifting issues, I can't run the newer 4.4 beta on levels 7 or 9 without shifting issues either. I was stuck with 4.11 mod tq until I tried this TNT/non r or revo or what ever we call it. My truck actually likes this software as far as shifting goes excpet for I found 2 settings so far that make it go nuts if I need passing gear. I am not sure if it is trans or motor related because I won't stay in it long enough to try and figure it out.

Good luck tcr
Ok, when you try to kick into "passing gear" does it seems to rev up and feel like it's banging in and out of gear? Almost like a fueling shutter or clutch shutter? That's what mine does ONLY on the TNT.
Old 05-02-2008, 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by tcr
Ok, when you try to kick into "passing gear" does it seems to rev up and feel like it's banging in and out of gear? Almost like a fueling shutter or clutch shutter? That's what mine does ONLY on the TNT.
That is exactly what mine does. A perfect discription.

it only happens if i run my timing on 4. atleast it hasn't done it the few times I tried it so far since I took it off of timing 4. It didn't seem to get anywhere near 4,000, atleast I hope not, but that is what it did. maybe we need to talk more.

Quick Reply: 2003 Tntr Users Only!!