3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

1st test drive w/Van Aaken C3.2!

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2006, 10:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up 1st test drive w/Van Aaken C3.2!

This morning I installed my Van Aaken C3.2, and here is what I think of it:

Smoke: It smokes like a coal train at WOT. I like that part. No smoke when driven conservatively.

Power: I wish I had an auto. My tach is hitting redline so fast (in every gear) I can barely **** fast enough.

EGT: Max empty so far is 1250, pyro is pre-turbo.

Conclusion: I highly recommend this item, and I can’t wait to stack it with a Quadzilla!
Old 11-11-2006, 11:59 AM

That's wht I found when I had the TST/MP8 on mine. It hit the redline so fast that it wasn't even fun. Stacking the Quad will give you a bit more on the bottom but I think I've told you before, watch your temps on the high settings....
Old 11-11-2006, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by Dodgezilla
That's wht I found when I had the TST/MP8 on mine. It hit the redline so fast that it wasn't even fun. Stacking the Quad will give you a bit more on the bottom but I think I've told you before, watch your temps on the high settings....

You're absolutly right on EGT's. I would hate to melt something in the motor. I would be in a lot of trouble with my "better" half. This is her daily driver.

What I need to do is stop where I'm at and not upgrade anymore. But it's so freakin addicting!

I think a Quadzilla will be one of the last things I get for it. I need to complete my gauge pod and add the boost and FP gauges.

In the mean time, I'll enjoy it and try to not break anything!
Old 11-11-2006, 01:16 PM
MAN

Stock03 how high and how fast do your EGT's go up? I have a quad race box already and I'm going to stack the VA 3.2c on it and was just trying to get a clue on how it's going to work stacked.

Dodgezilla is there anything that helped you keep your EGT's down when you was running this stack? How much boost was you seeing?
Old 11-11-2006, 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by MAN
Stock03 how high and how fast do your EGT's go up? I have a quad race box already and I'm going to stack the VA 3.2c on it and was just trying to get a clue on how it's going to work stacked.

Dodgezilla is there anything that helped you keep your EGT's down when you was running this stack? How much boost was you seeing?
My EGT's so far go to 1250 max, and they get there pretty darm fast. But I have a SuperB turbo, which might hekp with EGT's? Who knows?
Old 11-19-2006, 11:32 PM

try water meth injection i use it and it cools my egt by 100 deg. by one or ask me and i will give you the parts list to build it yourself.