3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

19.5" or 22.5"

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2006, 09:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by danimal 95
post more pics please preferrable ,19.5's as these are the ones i am considering
Here is a link to find more of the 19.5 wheels
http://theduallystop.com/store/photos.php

I don't know much about the Super Singles for SRW But recall seein them on their site. I know they have a 22" and a 22.5" singles I think they run like $2799 for just wheels and adaptors. Hope this helps.
Old 10-12-2006, 10:01 PM

i have a set of motto 20 inch rims with nitto terra grappler 325/60 20 on ebay right now if anyone is interested??http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...RK%3AMESE%3AIT
Old 10-12-2006, 11:28 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by P.J
You misundersood buddy, "Whigging" is a suburban ghetto slang term for getting upset.
I was using it as a slight put down and "play on" user ID of Mr. D.Wiggs for being snippy with you.

I could care less if either of you agree, disagree, agree to disagree or whatever.
Sorry PJ, misunderstood.....
Old 12-04-2006, 08:26 PM

Interesting thread..... Now that you have tagged me on the reputation as an "ignorant response" I will add this. I run Florida regularly, about 30 trips in the last six months. due to your posts on how the cut down wheels are all over Florida, I have been looking for them. Have yet to see a set on the road. Guess they are real popular, huh. I have seen all kinds of 20 and 22 inch wheels on the road, but none of the "shaved down" truck wheels.

Ignorant indeed...
Old 12-04-2006, 11:32 PM

There's some dude here in the L.A. area of SoCal running 22.5" wheels machined to 22" wheels on a big burgundy Ford F-350 or Silverado HD with solid front axle conversion (my memory fails me right now). I saw it in one of the mags a few months back, Off-Road Magazine I think. I think it was on the cover. It looked bad-a$$!
Old 12-05-2006, 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by Haulin_in_Dixie
Interesting thread..... Now that you have tagged me on the reputation as an "ignorant response" I will add this. I run Florida regularly, about 30 trips in the last six months. due to your posts on how the cut down wheels are all over Florida, I have been looking for them. Have yet to see a set on the road. Guess they are real popular, huh. I have seen all kinds of 20 and 22 inch wheels on the road, but none of the "shaved down" truck wheels.

Ignorant indeed...
Not to , but yes, that is exactly what that is (viz., ignorant). To say that 5 trips a month to a miniscule portion of Florida's roads gives you evidence of the popularity of a small portion of the aftermarket world (viz., dually wheel modification) is committing the egregious fallacy of confusing consequences for evidence. First you must determine how many people own 22.5" or 24.5" wheels on their duallies (i.e., most likely less than 1% of the total market); second you must then determine the percentage of that 1% or less that has shaved their wheels dow to either a 22" or 24" wheel (i.e., most likely less than 20% of the less than 1%). Thirdly you come to your final percentage which is less than or equal to .2%. Now assume that there are 100,000 duallies in Florida (a huge overestimation I am guess) and less than .2% are running shaved wheels. That means there are 200 trucks in Florida that run these wheels and you think that 5 trips a month is going to find most, if not all, of them?

"Popular" is a relative term (i.e., a certain number of x may be sufficient for x's being popular, whilst it may fall far short being sufficient for y's being popular). Are shaved 22.5" and 24.5" popular as compared to having chrome wheels? No. Are they popular in Florida as compared to elsewhere in the country? Yes. That information comes from one of the big distributors of said wheels.

Lamborghini Muciélagos are VERY "popular" in Florida (and California) as compared to the rest of the country but I doubt you actually see them regularly.
Old 12-05-2006, 01:42 PM
Chapter President

yea what you said...
Old 12-05-2006, 01:43 PM
Chapter President

i am thinkin about the shaved 22" with some nitto mud grapplers
Old 12-05-2006, 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by goodeyesniper75
i am thinkin about the shaved 22" with some nitto mud grapplers
I think that would look amazing! You should definitely do it! www.americanforcewheels.com (where I got my 22.5's) does the shaving and sells the tires. Give them a call; they were great! I had the wheels are tires 3 days after I ordered them.
Old 12-05-2006, 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by D.Wiggs
Lamborghini Muciélagos are VERY "popular" in Florida (and California) as compared to the rest of the country but I doubt you actually see them regularly.
Speaking of Lamborghinis, a rich dude a couple offices down from me just had a yellow convertible delivered to his office by a shined-up OTR truck with a huge Larborghini insignia painted across the trailer. He's the same guy that has a red Viper, (2) SRT-10 Rams (one red, one black) and a new light blue Ferrari that was delivered the same way as the Lamborghini about a week before! Must be nice...
Old 12-05-2006, 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by ptgarcia
Speaking of Lamborghinis, a rich dude a couple offices down from me just had a yellow convertible delivered to his office by a shined-up OTR truck with a huge Larborghini insignia painted across the trailer. He's the same guy that has a red Viper, (2) SRT-10 Rams (one red, one black) and a new light blue Ferrari that was delivered the same way as the Lamborghini about a week before! Must be nice...
Was it a Gallardo or a Murci, do you know? I am having some artwork (Lamborghini and such) sone to my trailer too. You should take some pics!
Old 12-05-2006, 02:53 PM
Chapter President

how much do the 22'' cost
Old 12-05-2006, 03:12 PM

Was it a Gallardo or a Murci, do you know? I am having some artwork (Lamborghini and such) sone to my trailer too. You should take some pics!
To be honest I'm not sure. I haven't been following my exotics much lately. It sure was pretty though!

I would have taken pics but they were there early in the morning (dawn) and boned out pretty quick. Next time he has the car at the office I'll snap a couple pics.

Oh, and you know what? Someone there has a lifted white Megacab 2500 with matching white Road Armor bumpers and one of those Tire Gates, also matching white. It may be this guys also, especially if you look at his track record with Dodge vehicles.
Old 12-05-2006, 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by goodeyesniper75
how much do the 22'' cost

http://theduallystop.com/store/index...0c12e3da811dd4

I have gotten all wheels from Stephanie@theduallystop and have gotten killer deals.. I called American Force first and they told me to contact theduallystop! These wheels are one of the best investments I have ever made!
Old 12-05-2006, 06:24 PM

Not to , but yes, that is exactly what that is (viz., ignorant). To say that 5 trips a month to a miniscule portion of Florida's roads gives you evidence of the popularity of a small portion of the aftermarket world (viz., dually wheel modification) is committing the egregious fallacy of confusing consequences for evidence. First you must determine how many people own 22.5" or 24.5" wheels on their duallies (i.e., most likely less than 1% of the total market); second you must then determine the percentage of that 1% or less that has shaved their wheels dow to either a 22" or 24" wheel (i.e., most likely less than 20% of the less than 1%). Thirdly you come to your final percentage which is less than or equal to .2%. Now assume that there are 100,000 duallies in Florida (a huge overestimation I am guess) and less than .2% are running shaved wheels. That means there are 200 trucks in Florida that run these wheels and you think that 5 trips a month is going to find most, if not all, of them?

"Popular" is a relative term (i.e., a certain number of x may be sufficient for x's being popular, whilst it may fall far short being sufficient for y's being popular). Are shaved 22.5" and 24.5" popular as compared to having chrome wheels? No. Are they popular in Florida as compared to elsewhere in the country? Yes. That information comes from one of the big distributors of said wheels.

My my, we who are ignorant and uneducated on these complicated trucks stand in awe of the knowledge and expertise that you bring to us.

Quick Reply: 19.5" or 22.5"