3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

06 MegaCab with 3 axles

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2008, 07:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow, what a waste of $$$$$

If you have it to waste though good for you.
Old 02-08-2008, 08:15 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That definantly takes alot of time, money, and work to do that conversion. Hats off to you for doing something out of the ordinary!!! Make sure you post up some pics of the finished product...and tell us how it handles the rough stuff!
Old 02-14-2008, 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by snoyes
I guess I am missing something. Is there something wrong with the company, the person, or the fact that someone is opting for a 6x6 conversion?
he has been known to screw people over, take forever to get anything done (if it ever gets done), misrepresent products he sells, make faulty products, among many other things.

but at least it looks like AKMooseMan is getting good service from him

wes
Old 06-07-2008, 04:19 PM

So what's happening since USA6x6 is going bankrupt?
Old 06-28-2008, 07:56 PM

well from the looks of those pics it was pretty close to being done well at least all the hard stuff

so lets hope he got it back before ti all went bad
Old 03-02-2009, 10:41 PM
I watch wind blow...

I want to know what happened to this truck, i saw it for sale last august in fort worth texas, so if it made it to alaska then it had a long trip back to texas.

i started a thread about it a while ago.

https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...d.php?t=213248
Old 03-03-2009, 01:20 AM

Yes - it's done, and was my truck.

Originally Posted by 03RAMBUNCTIOUS
I want to know what happened to this truck, i saw it for sale last august in fort worth texas, so if it made it to alaska then it had a long trip back to texas.

i started a thread about it a while ago.

https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...d.php?t=213248
Everyone - I must apologize for falling off the face of the earth. This truck had been a dream for a very, very long time and when I was sooo close to only have to let it go, well...I guess you get the idea.

I’ll fill in a few details below, but I should point out that as much as I wanted to keep it, I had an even more “special” reason to let it go.

Yes, it’s done. No, I don’t have it. I did fly down to pick it up (it would have been an AWESOME road trip!), but it wasn’t done yet and the owner of USA6X6 had failed to tell me until I got there. Daniel was responsible for hooking me up with a buyer (for much less than I was trying to get, but still a sale), and I know he had his own nightmares to deal with so I do my best to look at the positives.

It was sold to a really nice guy in KS. He had to deal with a few issues that I wasn’t aware of, but I think it all worked out for him in the end. If anyone is interested, I’ll see if he’ll let me give out his email address via PM to anyone that wants it (need to ask first of course).

Why was it built – I currently have an '84 GMC 3+3 1ton with an Alaskan 10’ Telescoping camper. The truck is loud, tired…and is destined to a more permanent hunting/off-road only truck. The camper is 10’ (not counting the queen-sized over-hang of course) and I have to keep the tailgate down on my current truck (which has an 8’ bed). That explains the bed length. The 6-wheel drive / 3-axles was for weight distribution, traction, and yes (hey – I would be lying otherwise) a certain cool factor. It was to be my life-time truck to use over the next 30 years as my wife and I explore our state and country.

Why did I let it go – I did have some concerns about the cost to fix things (if anything went wrong) when I didn’t have my own shop and knowing that USA6X6 was in big trouble. But the real reason is our 15 year old daughter was accepted into one of the leading fine arts high schools in the US! She had a chance to attend school (boarding school…so was also hard for us) and submerge herself in her art (she sings and performs in plays and musicals…and owns the audience when she does!). Selling the truck covered a portion of the tuition for the first year…and hey - it’s what we fathers do for our daughters! Since I don’t have another truck to sell…we aren’t sure about next year’s tuition, but heck…one year at a time!

I believe Doug (guy who bought it) has added stacks, Smarty, light rack, and some other goodies. I was thinking of asking him for some fresh pics, maybe he’ll post them himself or let me post them.

So…that is the short version of the story…sorry to have left everyone hanging for so long. The one time I did get to drive it…I was amazed at how well the thing rode even empty…it would have been perfect with the camper for sure!
Old 03-03-2009, 01:33 AM

Nice of you to come back and give a follow up. I wish your daughter the best of luck. The things us Dads do for our daughters. Maybe she will be real successful and buy your dream truck for you one day.
Old 03-03-2009, 07:54 AM

Nothing wrong with being a responsible parent and letting them reach their dreams/goals! Kudos for sure. A truck is just a truck, you can always get another one....

Good luck to her!
Old 03-03-2009, 09:44 AM
I watch wind blow...

Thanx for the follow up, i sure wanted to drive it when i saw it at the auto place in Fort Worth (Keller) TX, but i am sure my credit score would not support a test drive.

wish the best for your daughter, and hopefuly things work out.

Max
Old 03-03-2009, 11:01 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Good for you Dad, it's nice to someone doing the "right" thing!!
Old 03-03-2009, 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by snoyes
I guess I am missing something. Is there something wrong with the company, the person, or the fact that someone is opting for a 6x6 conversion?
Daniel at USA6x6, is the biggest waste of life and has scammed people out of tons of $$$ and makes some of the worst products, but it doesnt matter anymore b/c he went under. If you have time (like 2 years worth of reading) go to Pirate4x4.com and search for USA6x6, youll never read so many bad things about one person/company in your life.
Old 03-03-2009, 04:35 PM
I watch wind blow...

Originally Posted by Hintz
Daniel at USA6x6, is the biggest waste of life and has scammed people out of tons of $$$ and makes some of the worst products, but it doesnt matter anymore b/c he went under. If you have time (like 2 years worth of reading) go to Pirate4x4.com and search for USA6x6, youll never read so many bad things about one person/company in your life.
wow tell us how your really feal
Old 03-03-2009, 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by Hintz

So you no likey his leaky rims?

Or his super quick turn around time of 6 months.
Old 03-04-2009, 07:58 AM

Originally Posted by Cracker
So you no likey his leaky rims?

Or his super quick turn around time of 6 months.
So, I see you've heard of Daniel , or you could bring up when you order rockwell axles that are suppose to rebuilt painted and such, but when you get them all the sand from sand blasting is still inside the assembled axle and as got in the diff., bearings, and seals, so your rebuilt axle tojust recieved from USA6x6, needs to be rebuilt, again before you can even run it.

Quick Reply: 06 MegaCab with 3 axles