3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

06 MegaCab with 3 axles

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2007, 08:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool 06 MegaCab with 3 axles

Hi everyone - I joined awhile ago, but am just now trying to stop in more often and also hope to share an exciting journey with you.

In February of this year I bought a new 06 3500 (none-dually) MegaCab. The truck is currently sitting at Daniel Littlewood's usa6x6 shop in Oklahoma...where they are performing some serious mods for me.

When we're done, the truck will have a 10' pickup bed, be 6-wheel drive, and will be the new permanent home for our Alaskan Telescoping Camper!

I'll return here to post pics as I receive them. I'll also be hitting up some of you for suggestions on modifications - just a head's up there

Be back with pics when I can!!
Old 05-21-2007, 08:33 PM
Banned

UMM how dare you start a thread like this without pics!!!!

Doo post pics that things goona be crazy!!

Shane
Old 05-21-2007, 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by Luvnacumns
UMM how dare you start a thread like this without pics!!!!

Doo post pics that things goona be crazy!!

Shane
X2^10... Post Pictures!

Old 05-21-2007, 08:42 PM

that goes double on the no pic waarning,i went to the link,im guessing his truck will look like this except be a dodge
Attached Thumbnails 06 MegaCab with 3 axles-my%25206x6%2520dually.jpg  
Old 05-21-2007, 09:12 PM
Banned

That's crazy!!! WHY???? Does it add more towing weight??? Deffinately different

Shane
Old 05-21-2007, 09:39 PM

what does something like that cost to do?
Old 05-21-2007, 09:43 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by bdewey
what does something like that cost to do?
X2... I was wondering the same... Plus if it's a megacab that thing's goona be a boat!!!

Trending Topics

Old 05-21-2007, 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by AKMooseMan
Hi everyone - I joined awhile ago, but am just now trying to stop in more often and also hope to share an exciting journey with you.

In February of this year I bought a new 06 3500 (none-dually) MegaCab. The truck is currently sitting at Daniel Littlewood's usa6x6 shop in Oklahoma...where they are performing some serious mods for me.

When we're done, the truck will have a 10' pickup bed, be 6-wheel drive, and will be the new permanent home for our Alaskan Telescoping Camper!

I'll return here to post pics as I receive them. I'll also be hitting up some of you for suggestions on modifications - just a head's up there

Be back with pics when I can!!
Thats crazy,I bought some 52'' tires from them and i seen your truck there its a sliver mega cab with 37'' tires
Old 05-21-2007, 09:56 PM

I have pics of parts, but not the whole truck yet. Yes - 37 tires, but black, not silver :-) I'll post pics and more info soon. I had planned on posting pics with the original post...but got rushed (wife called and was on way home - needed to get dinner going - LOL!)

Here is pic of bed prep and what the gear-over looks like. I'll answer other questions later tonight, or in the morning (off to kid's soccer game).
Attached Thumbnails 06 MegaCab with 3 axles-gear-boxes.jpg   06 MegaCab with 3 axles-megacab-bed-prep.jpg  
Old 05-21-2007, 11:03 PM

I inquired about it on my 2000. It was going to be about $12K out the door, with the second axle being a 14 bolt. That included bodywork, wiring, the whole 9 yards.
Old 05-22-2007, 02:22 AM

Talking "Global Response"

Thought I would try and hit all the questions in one post...

Shane : "That's crazy!!! WHY???? Does it add more towing weight??? Definitely different"

Technically it would, as the weight would now be distributed across three axles or 6 tires. The reason for the long bed is that my camper is 10’ (ok – 9’9” actually).

Bdeway: "what does something like that cost to do?"

The base conversion is right at $12K (yup – been saving pennies ever since “T-Rex” was published in 4 Wheeler, or 4 Wheel and Off Road – never remember which). That is the bodywork, frame extension, gear-over, axle, and rear suspension.

Shane:
"X2... I was wondering the same... Plus if it's a megacab that thing's goona be a boat!!!"

Well…it will only be about 12-14 inches longer than the “boat” I drive now…’84 Chevy K3500 3+3 (long bed, 1 ton crew cab, ’91 6.2 w/banks turbo, 40” ProComp X-Terrains, 20” teflon-coated rims). With the tailgate down, the camper comes just to the edge of the tailgate.

Hottapper1: "Thats crazy,I bought some 52'' tires from them and i seen your truck there its a sliver mega cab with 37'' tires."

Funny – it’s actually black, but I bet you just saw the bed portion that isn’t re-painted yet.

Kawiram: "I inquired about it on my 2000. It was going to be about $12K out the door, with the second axle being a 14 bolt. That included bodywork, wiring, the whole 9 yards."

Yup, same as I mentioned to Bdeway…still right at $12K. They are a great bunch of guys (and gals) – Daniel offered to install the bumpers at no additional charge – so had them shipped to Okalahoma from Washington State.

A few more pics for you....

The first is just a photoshop mochup of what it will look like (my bed won't have that middle drop between the two rear wheels). Second is a closer look at the gear box that connects the two rear axles together - this is the one installed in the truck! Third is a shot with the bed on the truck - it was there for placement only...and they hadn't finished smoothing out that wheelwell.

And I know it isn't a dodge...but thought I'ld show you my current "boat"

That's all the pics I have for now, but pics of actual truck with suspension, tires, etc should be coming soon! The best part is...when it's all done, my 11 yr old daughter and I will fly down and drive it back to Anchorage, AK...just a short little 5K mile break-in
Attached Thumbnails 06 MegaCab with 3 axles-dodge-chop-megacab.jpg   06 MegaCab with 3 axles-brown-box.jpg   06 MegaCab with 3 axles-man-thats-long-.jpg  
Attached Images   
Old 05-22-2007, 04:44 AM

That is crazy.....cool!
Old 05-22-2007, 05:25 AM

The guys at USA 6x6 do some good work. I have always had good luck with them on beadlock wheels.
Old 05-22-2007, 09:36 AM

man thats awesome, i remember a guy @ pirate 4x4 that used usa6x6's 2.5 ton axles and did a buildup of a super tow truck. he used the duece wheels and ran some 42" tires imagine a dodge 3500 with 3 rockwell axles sitting on 10 42" tires, i think he mated a dodge v10 to a rebuilt 6 spd manual tranny from an old dodge firetruck. he also used the transfer case from the duece. it seriously looked like the dodge trex on steroids!
Old 05-22-2007, 09:51 AM
Banned

That might the goofiest lookin thing I have ever seen no offense ya know, but why not just get a dually?

Quick Reply: 06 MegaCab with 3 axles