3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

06 Black Projector Head lights!

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2007, 07:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SAWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!!!! ! Now the only question is, which set of lights look better???
Old 06-04-2007, 08:54 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by D.Wiggs
SAWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!!!! ! Now the only question is, which set of lights look better???
Those DIY Nightrunner's.... hands-down are the best looking light ever
I am doing it for sure now

hey "Boz007" where is the link??? got me all worked up and just left me hanging I even went to the other site and unsuccessfully searched for them!!!!!

must have more info...please
Old 06-04-2007, 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by Boz007
You mean like this? A guy on DodgeTalk figured out how to take them apart and paint them without damaging anything.

YES YES YES, That is it, that's it, the look!!!!!! wheeeeee!!!

We need to know the how??

PRONTO!
Old 06-05-2007, 01:55 AM

link link link
Old 06-05-2007, 07:35 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by GEN3TRQMONSTER
link link link
Yeah Boz!!! Come on!!!!
Old 06-05-2007, 08:35 AM

Sorry guys, i didnt post a link cause its to a different message board and i know the "higher ups" dont like competition being posted on this board. I'll post it and see if they leave it. http://www.dodgetalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=156488 You may need to be a member to view the pictures though. I plan on getting a spare set and painting them mineral gray to match the truck.
Old 06-05-2007, 10:21 AM

Sweet....I just read the write up and it's pretty simple sounding....
I am going to try it tomorrow

Thanks for the link....
Old 06-05-2007, 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by D.Wiggs
How did I miss this thread!~!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for using my truck! I have been waiting for these for almost 1 year!

I am a little annoyed they still have the amber on the side though!

I will check to see if there are others but I will be ordering them shortly!! I will have to get rid of my LED converted Night RUnner ones!
welcome!! i dont know how i missed ur reply
Old 06-05-2007, 10:39 AM

glad we have a walk thru... i will do that too... whenever my stinkin truck gets here... hehe

**EDIT** must be a member of dodge talk to read the thread... someone wanna copy paste... i dont wanna join a forum just for one thread...
Old 06-05-2007, 06:44 PM

went ahead and put in the order for these today along with the black led depo's......anyone have any black grill's-front and rear bumpers for sale or trade laet me know
Old 06-06-2007, 02:07 AM

A friend just did this on his truck only difference is the blinker is black as well so the only chrome is in the headlamp portion. I will be duplicating his efforts shortly.....
Old 06-06-2007, 03:19 AM

If someone wouldnt mind copying and pasting the write up I would appreciate it sooooooooooooo much I really dont want to go thru all thu set up to become a member on dod talk-thanx
Old 06-06-2007, 08:36 AM

We did this a TON on Subaru WRX's when I was in to that. Its quite easy and you guys will be very happy with look. Just make sure you seal it back properly, or you'll be taking it back apart again in a month when its full of condensation!
Old 06-06-2007, 08:56 AM

Heres the info... I will pull the pics over here later when i get a chace

Well I will try to explain everything EXACTLY how I did it.The main thing on tackling this is to have LOTS OF PATIENCE (keyword of the day) and probably 4 to 7 hours of spare time.First you have to put them in the over with the temp set at about 375-425.Put them in for about 2 minutes.The headlights will fog up,this is normal.I suggest you wear gloves because you will be taking them in and out of the oven repeatedly.When you take it out SLOWLY and gently use a flat head screw driver to seperate the back from the front,it will not melt the glue,I repeat THE GLUE WONT MELT.As soon as you feel the headlight wont seperate anymore put it back into the oven for 30-45 seconds.When you pull it out again seperate it using the flat head screwdriver, you will feel and see the glue unstick from the clear section.Repeat this process until you can loosen the glue from the 2 pieces.One PRECAUTION,DO NOT put the headlight back into the oven until you CANNOT loosen the glue up anymore.Doing so WILL melt the headlight rear housing due to its weak plastic material.

Alright after successfully removing the from and back pieces the inside chrome piece stays inside the clear housing.To remove the chrome piece you pull it out from the top right of the headlight part.Fromt he part you can see on the pic above.The orange reflector come out ALOT easier on these lights than the 02-05.You push upwards on the clips and they should come out without a fight.THe Orange reflector can't be removed because there is nothing behind it but a gap.Removing it will make the headlight have a huge gap under it.Alright,before putting the headlight back together you will need a Hairdryer/heat gun.Assemble the headlight WITHOUT ADDING THE SILICONE.This step you must not forget or else you will have a huge mess.I did it on the pasanger side so trust me . As you put the headlight back together without the silicone to seal it use the heat gun on the side of the headlights you opened and mold the light back into the clear housing.This step takes a bit.As soon as you see the headlight mold back to its shape and leaves no lose open gaps take the headlight apart again.Now add the silicone to the VALLEY OF THE HEADLIGHT (Black Housing) and put the clear piece on.Apply pressure evenly so the silicone settles in the headlight.Let it rest for about 20-30 mins so the silicone settles in.

"DO NOT put the headlight back into the oven until you CANNOT loosen the glue up anymore.Doing so WILL melt the headlight rear housing due to its weak plastic material"

can you clarify that for me, the choice of wording is kind of confusing... thanks!
Old 06-06-2007, 09:14 AM

I am doing it today
I will snap pics and do a short write up

Quick Reply: 06 Black Projector Head lights!