3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

05 dodge tq management gone

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2006, 07:12 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by king d
at first i was told it wasnt going to be released,but later on I was contacted and told that it will be for sale.i had to sign a waiver.a full tranny is a definate must
what about the people who already have the triple dog what are they going to have to do to get this program? i can tell you that there are goin to be some ****** off people if they cant download it to there existing tripledog.
Old 06-12-2006, 09:02 PM

the program replaces the original crazy larry. dont know if it will work on a six speed.?. torque managment and throttle sensitivity is an option on the new program. it will download on to your exisiting tripple dog. give hts a call
Old 06-13-2006, 07:35 AM

i would give hts a call, i only had a power pup not a triple dog soi had to buy the whole deal,i paid a little premium but to me it is worth.i dont think its a free upgrade. this is all out competition
Old 06-13-2006, 07:42 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
So, what exactly does he do? He takes your triple dog and reprograms it himself?? Is this a BullyDog special program - or a special concotion by another person?
Old 06-13-2006, 10:35 AM

Scary Larry

Originally Posted by 2-Stroke
So, what exactly does he do? He takes your triple dog and reprograms it himself?? Is this a BullyDog special program - or a special concotion by another person?
I just called HTS. This is a BullyDog program,... not theirs. You have to have the Triple Dog and they are just doing it on '05 I guess. I have the 04.5 and they are not sure it would work on that model yet. You have to mail your programmer to them for this upgrade.

If any hears about an 04.5 being able to do this upgrade I would like to know Pls. Tks.
Old 06-13-2006, 12:09 PM

Yes it will work on the 04.5. BullyDog says a full release version will be available on the internet for free download in a couple weeks. They are working on some new GM stuff before they are going to release. They also said the version that is currently circulating will add bottom end to ANY automatic truck available right now. This will also do the new crazy larry on ANY Vehicle it is available for (04.5-06).
Old 06-13-2006, 12:20 PM

As we've read in the previous posts the Scary Larry program will break modified tranny's and absolutly destroy stock tranny's.

Is the Crazy Larry program (PG version) safe for stock trucks?

thanks
Old 06-13-2006, 12:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TX_Diesel
As we've read in the previous posts the Scary Larry program will break modified tranny's and absolutly destroy stock tranny's.

Is the Crazy Larry program (PG version) safe for stock trucks?

thanks
I would not think so. Runs way to HOT for stock turbo. Stock tc/trans would be short lived running with the CL program loaded. Just my .02, but then I had a fully built trans, 3disc tc, FASS and SPS66 before I tried it.
Old 06-14-2006, 04:55 PM

So we now have an Ultra Crazy Larry for 04.5 and up but still no regualr Crazy Larry for 03-04 this is killing me.
Old 06-14-2006, 05:52 PM

The new version will improve the 03-04 trucks.
Old 06-14-2006, 06:13 PM
Mav

How much more power is it than the regular crazy larry? Would hts tranny hold it? How does it compare to tst?
Old 06-14-2006, 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by Armapoc
The new version will improve the 03-04 trucks.
How can it improve it if its not available.
Old 06-14-2006, 11:32 PM

Originally Posted by Mav
How much more power is it than the regular crazy larry? Would hts tranny hold it? How does it compare to tst?
YES an HTS tranny will hold it. Mine has 1000 miles on it and Im am abusing it like crazy giving everyone I know rides. I have done around twenty 20-25psi boost launchs so far and its still AWESOME. The new Bully Dog program is absolutely nuts. With Crazy Larry, tst on 5x2 anything over 25psi on a 4wd launch you will roast em off. If you want serious power and a way to put it to the ground I suggest calling HTS. Their trannys are top notch and one of the most important things, if you have a question pick up the phone and they answer everytime. I highly recommend both.

To answer your question, I have the tst and HTS's CL program. In the past I have been a hardcore tst guy. Dont get me wrong Im still going to have a tst on my truck. But If I had to have ONE chip Id get the CL program from Dusty. It pulls HARD.

Just so you all know I have no ties with Bully Dog or HTS, Im just extremely impressed. Even after the 26 hours of driving in 31 hours Im all smiles... I still giggle like a little girl everytime I drive it. I'll report more tomorrow. Ive got to go kill some mosquitos on the way home...
Old 06-15-2006, 04:29 AM
Chapter President

And once again me and all the other 305/555 guys are left sucking hind tit!!!! When will someon get off their lazy @asses and gives us what we have been waiting 2years for. Heck, everything avialable has more power for the '04.5 and newer trucks than ours. Crazy Larry, Hot Juice, PPE Excelerator, So why are we left out???
Old 06-15-2006, 05:50 AM

Bitting my tongue

Originally Posted by streetsmoker
And once again me and all the other 305/555 guys are left sucking hind tit!!!! When will someon get off their lazy @asses and gives us what we have been waiting 2years for. Heck, everything avialable has more power for the '04.5 and newer trucks than ours. Crazy Larry, Hot Juice, PPE Excelerator, So why are we left out???
I have been biting my tongue when I see a post that addresses the 305 because it is not suppose to be ready until NEXT week,... I talked with AL Johnson, techy from Bully Dog and he confirmed it will be ready NEXT week!! Also this program that is addressed in this thread which is 2.2.9. Just to be clear this is NOT a HTS program as others have eluded but a Bully Dog program and nothing against HTS but any of the top tranny builders can build you a tranny to take it. Just have your local dealer ask for the 2.2.9 program only available on the Triple Dog. Al told me it was available on the '03 and up. Now we didn't talk about a more subdues program, i.e. the standard BDDL but it follows that it too would be available but you need to ask them. Enjoy!!

Quick Reply: 05 dodge tq management gone