3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

05 dodge tq management gone

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2006, 02:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Ramswheelsby4, my first programer was a power pup 4.5-05 with crazy larry. It loaded "ok" and now I have the triple dog with the scary Larry, and it too loaded "ok". I don't think you should have a problem, however, take Dusty's advice before you try to load. If it doesn't load, you should get an error message. The problem is if it loads, you want to make sure it doesn't change the part # on your PCM. It isn't an issue that it won't work, more of the fact the dealer flash will not clear the part # change. You would then have to buy a new PCM to get it back to the "orginal" part #. Dusty is only looking out for your best interest.
Old 06-09-2006, 03:53 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by HeberRam
Ramswheelsby4, my first programer was a power pup 4.5-05 with crazy larry. It loaded "ok" and now I have the triple dog with the scary Larry, and it too loaded "ok". I don't think you should have a problem, however, take Dusty's advice before you try to load. If it doesn't load, you should get an error message. The problem is if it loads, you want to make sure it doesn't change the part # on your PCM. It isn't an issue that it won't work, more of the fact the dealer flash will not clear the part # change. You would then have to buy a new PCM to get it back to the "orginal" part #. Dusty is only looking out for your best interest.
Oh I agree they are being careful. I have a Triple Dog with Crazy Larry currently, that I bought when they first came out. I don't have it loaded and probably won't. I was waiting to see who had a downloader that could really disable torque management.

I don't have the time or money to be replacing a PCM, so not sure what I can/will do. Have to wait till I have talked with him thouroughly about my options.
Old 06-09-2006, 05:32 PM

I think the "Low End Power" setting will work on any of the Cummins, you just have to say yes. This even helps the 03-04 guys that complained about low end on the Triple Dog. I've heard this is the fix for those guys, it just ends up giving the 04.5-06 Guys an even bigger boost.
Old 06-09-2006, 08:22 PM

HERBER.... have you tried it with the torque management out??? you dont get the full feel until you take the torque management out. it will make your turbo scream. i dont know why, but with the torque management out it acts like a whole new truck. in my opinion. killed my trans in no time flat. enjoy it. dusty and one or two other dealers are the only ones with this program. or this is what i am told.
Old 06-09-2006, 10:01 PM

Talking

greyrig05, haven't tried it with the TQ off yet! Prehaps this weekend. It has been raining like never before today and even at the tow setting it hard to keep the rig square on the road. If it clears up this weekend, I will definately try it out...I've run it pretty hard with TQ still on and the TQ management doesn't seem to slow things down much...will let you know later.
Old 06-11-2006, 01:32 AM

Thumbs up

greyrig05, tried and took off the torque management today..you're right a different truck, it seemed to run smoother, shift smoother, and the power was strong and constant. Pulls real hard right through the entire power band. I like driving it this way all the time. I still have it "off" and drive in the tow/economy mode most of the time. The only thing weird is not seeing your PRND12! . Do you think it's safe to drive without it on all the time?. Or will I be Dusty's next tranny customer?
Old 06-11-2006, 12:32 PM
Banned

Are you sure Dusty isn't IN with Bullydog? Man a tranny guy that is selling programs that destroy trannies so that he can build more. Sounds a little fishy.

Good luck with it guys. Anyone with manuals test this out yet?
Old 06-11-2006, 04:58 PM

dusty was a tranmission builder before he started selling bullydog products. i haven't seen a performance transmission shop that doesn't sell a little performance stuff. i ran the torque managment out for about a day and then put it back in. i am 22 years old so when i see a potential race ill bump my outlook up and turn my pressure box up and see what hes got. needless to say im not light on my truck. i had a valve body and a torque converter and ran around for about a week, then it was over. to be honest by describing the symptoms to dusty he thinks it is a torque converter issue. hes building me a race transmission right now. im sure it will be great.
Old 06-11-2006, 07:43 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by greyrig05
dusty was a tranmission builder before he started selling bullydog products. i haven't seen a performance transmission shop that doesn't sell a little performance stuff. .

It's all in good humor Notice all the smilies laughing

Old 06-11-2006, 08:11 PM

greyrig05,

I am darned sure you are anxiously awiating your new trans. You will be very happy and never look back. The initial cost can hurt a little, but life goes on.

It still amazes me that 'normal' vehicles try to get away from this 'loud and stinky' diesel under heavy throttle and can't do it while I am just driving away normal. The trans will typically chirp the tires under normal accel. from 1-2 and even 2-3 with just a little more application. At WOT, anything is possible. You MUST be very careful driving in the rain. I am very serious here. My shifts are timed perfectly, downshifts happen like stock as well.

The converter is also the key for unlocking the mileage potential. I am absolutely at 20+ hand calculated MPG now. This is with non-stock fuel settings. BDDL on Performance and TST on 1X4.

Dusty is a Bully Dog dealer and a rather hard core performance enthusiast. He does have some experience in these areas. If I were to go there, I would hand him the keys and let him make a dyno run or quarter mile pass as he will get the max out of the setup.

I am still comtemplating this new Bully Dog tune. Did someone mention that the shift indicator lights are gone with some mode(s)?? Lets hear some more about this program. Are EGT's up substantially from the regular CL tune?? smoke??

Enjoy.

Chris
Old 06-11-2006, 11:01 PM

all smiles here........................
butler... the smoke it really great when you have no boost. if you are running a bigger turbo it will clear up pretty good on the big end... egts are a little higher down low, but not to much.... i am really excited abouit the trans. cant wait
Old 06-12-2006, 04:36 PM
Banned

ok how do i go about getting this on my triple dog? is this availble for download or not.
Old 06-12-2006, 05:36 PM

Anybody try the new program with a 6sp yet?
Old 06-12-2006, 05:43 PM

Well the torque management is only a feature on the auto's, I don't think it will change the 6 spd's much.
Old 06-12-2006, 05:49 PM
Banned

from the looks of it it still fuels harder than the regular crazy larry. so i still think that us six speed owners will benifet. also takes the top speed limiter away. my truck is no slouch now but if i can get more power with simply redownloading a new program why not? for those of you who already have it how did hts go about getting you the download for your triple dog?

Quick Reply: 05 dodge tq management gone