3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

05 dodge tq management gone

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2006, 05:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think the key thing to remember here is that Bully Dog invented the technology for the downloader and did the R&D as far as I know. There are other options out there, but.........

Who really knows what any of these downloaders are doing and exactly how they do it. Very, very few people. It is not as simple as increasing pulse width. Mark at TST will absolutely not run any downloader. I personally think he needs to re-consider for R&D if nothing else.

Think about it; a downloader, by its very nature has the ability to manipulate many, many more parameters than a simple 'box' can as it becomes a native program. The program is the equivalent to your trucks personality. Are there potential ramifications, you bet. Your mileage may vary.

When I spoke to the engineers at Bully Dog and learned how long it took to develop the code and all the testing and how many lines of code involved, it made some sense.

Bottom line, the downloaders are doing things a little differently than plug-in devices and no fair comparison can be made until all parameters are known.

Chris
Old 06-04-2006, 05:37 PM

i agree downloaders have came a long way. i have been told that bullydog is middle of the tow tuning. seems to me they are leading the downloader market.

butler... how do you like the new program with the tst? very muck lag on the bottom end?
Old 06-04-2006, 06:44 PM

greyrig05,

I actually don't yet have the program. I will soon as I have had the option. I just need to get my fuel issues straight first. I believe I have done this. I don't believe stacking will become as much a necessity. Perhaps just a 'little' TST power only. We'll see. I also want to mention that the power levels are different on -all- settings. Tow, Performance and CL(Extreme).

Changing too many things at one time is a major mistake. I have made this mistake too many times.

Chris
Old 06-05-2006, 10:00 AM

Does anyone have the web site for HTS or number I can call for "Dustin" for information on the new ultra CL? I wonder if this is the same upgrade PPE has "HOT" Xcellator?
Old 06-05-2006, 10:08 AM

Dusty & Marianne Hawk

www.htstransmissions.com

877-630-9122
Old 06-05-2006, 10:13 AM

The tune is a monster indeed. Torque management is completely gone and the down low fueling is sick. It is a little unrefined, but the overall power is well worth it. I do not know what my rail pressure is, but it cant drop off too hard as the truck just pulls and pulls and pulls all the way through 120+. Im sure this tune would grenade a stock trans in no time. The ATS full billet is holding up just fine though. We ran the truck in the 1/8 a few times and with this tune alone with twins it went 8.37 @ 82.65. This is in a CC 4x4 fully dressed, full tank of fuel. Time to address the fuel system....
Old 06-05-2006, 12:10 PM

AGHHH, I don't want to be reading this, it makes me want one!

What I would like is a computer tune that will remove my top speed governor, some defueling, and add more low end power, yet still work with my mods in sig.

I have a USB to OBDII cable (and serial) that I use to flash my LT1 cars, I'm sure I could use it to upload a tune if I could get a mail order tune somewhere with free software that just uploads/downloads the tunes! Someone must have this.
Old 06-05-2006, 01:58 PM

Any manuals try this? would need a new clutch at the very least from what your all saying...
Old 06-05-2006, 03:25 PM

I have the regular Crazy larry in my truck and I have an idea why you are burning up trannies. I ran I in my truck for a little while after putting in 100hp injectors, I now run it in tow all the time. let me tell you the low end wasn't as impressive as the TST but the top end was unbeliveable. Just ask the vette that couldn't shake me. I noticed that the throttle is way too touchy. I have my TV cable pulled all the way and it shifts way too fast and soft during normal driving. The shifts were alot softer than I was used to with the TST. With the TST you have to have your foot into it a little before is starts adding the big power so your tranny pressures would be up and able to handle the power. I would like to keep running the program if there was a way to make it less sensitive without loosing the power.
Old 06-05-2006, 04:50 PM

just thinking out loud here, but what about this new scarry larry tune stacked with a TST box?
Old 06-05-2006, 05:55 PM

Dont know about the TST, but you can definately feel a SOTP difference when you stack it with an MP8.
Old 06-06-2006, 11:31 AM

Talking

Ordered the "Shhhhhhhhh" scl program today from HTS. Should have it by friday. Will let everyone know my impressions how it runs at high allititude? My truck is already set-up, with trans, injectors, turbo upgrades, including NOS. Should be fun!
Old 06-08-2006, 10:53 PM

Talking Scl....yes !

Well I recieved my HTS-Triple Dog programed with the "SCL" today, and just got back home after a short trip. First impressions, this program is not for the faint of heart. On Dusty's recommendation, I didn't program the option to remove the TQ management. I'm running stage 2 3-flow injectors, Silver Bullet 66 turbo, stock CP3, fass 150 GPH pump, billet ATS tranny, and NOS. I also live at the 5700' elevation. Pulled out of the driveway, gave it some fuel, layed some black-out smoke, along with 40' of rubber, backed of the trottle and came to a stop sign all in 80' from my driveway. I was totally blown away! Turned at the stop sign, layed some more rubber, truck took off like a rocket. I still could not believe the trottle response and power. Turned down to the tow setting, (too much smoke for the neighborhood) got on the freeway, got up to around 60 changed the setting to extreme nailed the go pedal, burned some more rubber, I was at a 100mph in a flash, the Silver Bullet boosted to 48 psi, pyro was cracking 1500 *, no smoke, I was in shock. I still had the NOS to go! I now see how this program will take out "trannies" stock ones don't have a chance, even with the TQ management setting still engaged. Even modified "trannies" high risk on the "no" TQ management setting. I need to play "carefully" with this program, so I don't blow something up.

Thanks Dusty, your transmission business will really grow.
Old 06-09-2006, 09:57 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
lets see some dyno numbers!
Old 06-09-2006, 02:30 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I talked with HTS today about the Scarry Crazy Larry Triple Dog. Seems they have not tried one on an 04.5 325/600. Seems to be some concern that they might not work on the 04.5. I know there are differences in the ECM/PCM programming, but does anyone know how much difference? I can't really tell looking the the DR Manuals. Was there a computer consolidation between 04.5 and 05? I am waiting for the HTS to call me back and talk about the possibility of being a guinea pig. Have to talk to my service department and make sure if I screw up an ECM/PCM that they will be able to reflash, at a cost of course.

Quick Reply: 05 dodge tq management gone