3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

05 dodge tq management gone

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2006, 04:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
05 dodge tq management gone

well just installed the new bullydog, ultra crazy larry,with throttle sensitive tuning and tq management delete.in a word,awesome.i can power break to over 3000 rpm.i got mine from Dusty at hts transmissions.i will say this,i have put over 10000 miles on my modded tranny,tq con, billet input with extra cluthces,transgo valve body kit.i have driven it at 500 hp most of the time with some N20 and lp stacks going much higher with no problem.this new tune took my tranny out in 7 passes.i mean it still runs and drives fine but the fluid is smelling burnt.if you have tq management on an 05 and want to git rid of it Dusty has the tune to do it
Old 06-03-2006, 04:28 PM

Dusty's the man....

I'm making the 750+ drive a week from today. I CANT WAIT...
Old 06-03-2006, 08:27 PM

Hot Rod CLDL

Originally Posted by Luken
Dusty's the man....

I'm making the 750+ drive a week from today. I CANT WAIT...
I can't wait to hear your impressions of this new program. Fill us in when you get it.
Old 06-03-2006, 09:06 PM

I'll let you guys know.
Old 06-03-2006, 09:18 PM

Sounds neat.
Old 06-04-2006, 09:43 AM

Question Ultra Crazy Larry?

I'm usually in the dark, and slow to catch-up, so my question is what is the "new" utra Crazy Larry?? I got the Crazy Larry program, is this different and if so please enlighten me. Also is this a new realease and where do you get it?

Thanks
Old 06-04-2006, 10:37 AM

i heard they was not going to release it to the public, but i was also told not to say anything. its been out for about a month or so now. well since it is out now, the program is like no other. it pulls twice as hard as it did in the mid range area with the regular crazy larry. turbo bark on a stock turbo is crazy with torque management out. i dont know why this is so, but a completely different program thats for sure. i strongly advise u not to use the torque management out all the time, i did a couple of times and paid for it. my truck will not move out of the driveway. i had a quad disk converter and dustys valvebody. TRANNY GONE in less than two weeks, but the fix is in dustys shop.
Old 06-04-2006, 10:42 AM

at first i was told it wasnt going to be released,but later on I was contacted and told that it will be for sale.i had to sign a waiver.a full tranny is a definate must
Old 06-04-2006, 12:15 PM
chw

wow so far 2 people with this new tune and 2 toasted trannies this thing must be strong
Old 06-04-2006, 03:23 PM

Question Beta testing?

greyrig05, are you and some others "beta" testing? I not worrried about trans, as I have already ugraded everything. I would like to know more about this new program? Who do I need to contact?. Any info appreciated.

Thanks
Old 06-04-2006, 03:37 PM

Crazy Larry Super Tune

I have known about this program for a little while and have made some mention about it here, but almost noboby caught on. In fact one guy on another thread made some comments to the effect that it couldn't be all that. Well, it probably is.....

I would say to contact Dusty @ HTS. I absolutely know he could at least tell you more about the program.

Chris
Old 06-04-2006, 04:33 PM

well, i have had mine for about 6 weeks now. i tried not to talk about it at all , because like i said i was told to keep it on the downlow. torque managment is gone for sure, throttle sensitivity is pretty cool, and there is alot more fuel than the original crazy larry. i call it scary larry. i got mine the same time dusty got his. worth about 2-3 tenths in the quarter, and you can really feel it on the street. i am not a beta, i just called one of bully dogs main guys for some help and he hooked me up. i recieved a b-1 turbo and the program at the same time. i ran the stock turbo for about 100 miles, and the smoke would never clear up on the big end. the next day i bolted on the b-1 (non-wastegated) and got to run it for about 250 miles and then the tranny went. my brother in law has a fully built trans by one of the big three , i let him use the program for a couple of passes down the track and after the 5th or 6th run the million dollar trans let loose. . better have a good trans if you plan on running the torque management out alot. it s burning up all the lower pressure tranmissions. just my opinion.
Old 06-04-2006, 04:36 PM

I'll let ya all know how it goes with one of Dustys trannys...Hopefully I can get into the 12's...
Old 06-04-2006, 04:45 PM
chw

hmmm i know for sure this thing cant be making soooo much more power than the old verison simply because power is limited from the stock cp3 and such butttt something must not be totally right with the tq mang. because they make all kind of products to disable it on older model trucks and they arent all toasting trannies. this tune must give you full power under shifts are something extreme like that..bully dog needs to make a softer program that still allows power under shifts but not this much
Old 06-04-2006, 04:46 PM

bullydog has been running dustys transmission for sometime now. they have the same programming and then some. dusty is building my transmission right now. i am like luken hopefully with the scarry larry , the torque dog , the b1 and a built tranny i can run 12.7-12.9s. there are more people than we know running this program with some crazy turbo setup ups. there are alot up there around michigan and indiana. im positive dustys transmissions will be great.

chw not sure on the specifics, when the factory ecms reads stress on the transmission the ecm backs out timming. which cuts the power. just going off of what has happend in the last couple of weeks.

Quick Reply: 05 dodge tq management gone