3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

03-04 Common Rail Injectors. USE Insurance

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2004, 05:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I won't allow any thing shipped to me by DHL if possable.Its GERMAN owned company.The few things I got that came by them was a mess.One package to me ended up 30 miles away at a VET I use who just happened to recgonize my name.Nothing on the package showed WHO delivered it.When it finally got figured out and the driver brought it to me the next day she said DHL was a bunch of liars about everthing! Said would promise the MOON and didn't care if it made it on time or to where.Commented about their benifits,pay,routes etc.said they would say and do anything to get the delivery.DHL is under cutting price and making promises they KNOW they can't keep is the bottom line.No yellow allowed on my property if I can help it.I have had SAME UPS driver for 4 years.Really nice guy.Never had a problem with UPS.He's busy but not frantic.Packages always in good shape etc.
Old 12-22-2004, 05:40 AM

I have had all kinds of problems with UPS. Packages sent to the wrong state, 2nd day service taking longer than ground service, damaged items, and rude customer service reps. The following website about sums up UPS:

www.unitedpackagesmashers.com

Some of the workers took behind the scenes pictures and customers can post their frustrations.
Old 12-22-2004, 07:19 AM

DHL is by far no better.Driver told me they sell service that they know that can't for fill.Owned by out of country company also.
Old 12-22-2004, 12:31 PM
DJ

Guys I think if you look around you will see that corporate policy everywhere has changed to where you have to protect yourself. It is common for companys to wait until they hear from a lawyer before they begin talking settlement. There are a lot of customers around and they know they can loose a few and not even notice it. Places like USPS and UPS sell insurance then make it very difficult or even impossible to collect, if you don't buy it you have no chance at all. Sad to say but integrity is hard to find anymore.
Old 12-22-2004, 02:04 PM
DTR Advertiser

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I agree DJ. They will all deny when they can. UPS is currently in the process of denying the camshaft claim. It was a custom grind. I dont have another copy of it.
I think I mad the driver mad when he came to pick it up and I asked If I would ever see it again.

So far DHL has been steller. They do cost more. In many cases up to 50% more, but I have had no troubles.....so far.

I understand the point made about the foreign ownded company, but UPS has been terrible...I cant continue to take it the way they dish it out.

Don~
Old 12-22-2004, 02:26 PM

Don's new shipping containers.....

Note: Shipping may cost more than the injectors themselves
Old 01-28-2006, 03:31 PM

my company uses UPS and have for years. Have had pretty good luck with them with only maybe a half a dozen claims and they have all been taken care of.
Fortunatly , we have a UPS driver who is looking out for her customers and will get involved in a heartbeat to take care of us. She knows the right people to get hold of when you need help and that really shortcuts the process
Old 01-28-2006, 03:46 PM

I have the same kind of UPS guy here but I know from experience that once a package comes up missing, just write it off because it's never going to get found. Man! I wish I could find that box of Don M's injectors......
Old 01-28-2006, 05:59 PM

STAY AWAY FROM CALIFORNIA OVERNITE EXPRESS! they lost ( seems to have been stolen ) my paycheck from the CHP, had to put a cancellation on it and wait a whole month for another one. their reply was it must be lost, but then info came about that showed the driver actually signed my last name for the package. made a months worth of phone calls trying to make a claim as this put me a month behind on 3 car payments and nothing was done about it.
Old 01-28-2006, 06:09 PM

I don't like DHL and request that ther don't deliver to me.