3rd Gen Engine and Drivetrain -> 2007 and up 6.7 liter Engine and Drivetrain discussion only. PLEASE, NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

weired catalyst message??

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2007, 03:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
weired catalyst message??

Hooked up the gooseneck today for the first time and put the truck in Tow/Haul/Ex brake and a couple miles from the house I got the "Catalyst Full" message... In disbelief, I kept driving for a minute or so and it read "catalyst 70% full", then a minute later it said "system ok"..... All of this happened on a 35mph road... The truck has 780 miles on it and there's no "Rev A" sticker under the hood. The build date of the truck was 6/12/07, I called the dealer last week and my VIN # said "up to date" on their computer.. Has anyone else seen a catalyst message that fixed itself so quickly?? Is this just the start of something bad?

Thanks,

Dan
Old 08-13-2007, 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by dtenorio
Hooked up the gooseneck today for the first time and put the truck in Tow/Haul/Ex brake and a couple miles from the house I got the "Catalyst Full" message... In disbelief, I kept driving for a minute or so and it read "catalyst 70% full", then a minute later it said "system ok"..... All of this happened on a 35mph road... The truck has 780 miles on it and there's no "Rev A" sticker under the hood. The build date of the truck was 6/12/07, I called the dealer last week and my VIN # said "up to date" on their computer.. Has anyone else seen a catalyst message that fixed itself so quickly?? Is this just the start of something bad?

Thanks,

Dan
Well Dan, it seems the regeneration process worked as intended. It did happened to me after 4 days of many really short trips. Your truck don't like short trips where the engine doesn't have the time to fully warm up,..too many stop and go. No, it is not the start of something bad. Mine was built in March in Mexico, no problems & no reflashes so far, got 6000k.
Old 08-13-2007, 04:09 PM
DTR's 'Go to Guy'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Well the vin lookup would only tell them if the rapid response transmittal has been performed. I believe there is another update since then, but not near as crucial! Maybe next time your in the service bay, have them set aside some time to do any additional flashed. I always tried to do my customers once a year just to keep them happy!
Old 08-13-2007, 04:29 PM

Thanks for the replies. It really suprised me that it went to "Cat Full" first, without any warning. I have taken a bunch of short trips the past week, so it might be time to take the long way to work so the engine can get it's daily 50mph dose... I'm heading on a road trip with the gooseneck this Wednesday and will be towing about 14k back home with me. We'll see how she works.

Dan
Old 08-13-2007, 04:48 PM

report back!

Originally Posted by dtenorio
Thanks for the replies. It really suprised me that it went to "Cat Full" first, without any warning. I have taken a bunch of short trips the past week, so it might be time to take the long way to work so the engine can get it's daily 50mph dose... I'm heading on a road trip with the gooseneck this Wednesday and will be towing about 14k back home with me. We'll see how she works.

Dan
Dan,
Please re-quote to the thread how your trip went. So often we only write in ot b**ch when something goes wrong. If it re-genned properly and you DIDN'T have any trouble it is something we would like to hear about! Wife drives the new truck, but I doubt she'll have any problem. Lead foot and "Dale" are some of her nicknames!
Old 08-13-2007, 05:35 PM

I'll definately repost after the trip to include milage results with trailer empty/loaded and any error messages that might come up. I made the last 8 trips with my 97' CC Powerstroke and kept a log of how the truck performed on the hills (hwy 6 from salt lake to soldier summit is a beast!). I can't wait to see the difference in performance!! I'm allready impressed with the truck's towing ability from todays light tow. The Tow/Haul/Ex brake combination stops the truck VERY aggresively. So aggresively that I might not use both unless the trailer is loaded down a little more, maybe like 10k.

Dan