3rd Gen Engine and Drivetrain -> 2007 and up 6.7 liter Engine and Drivetrain discussion only. PLEASE, NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

truck has mind of its own

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2009, 05:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
truck has mind of its own

Dont know if this is a common problem on the 6.7's as I run a 5.9 but anyway twice now my friend has come up to a stop sign or a light and applied the brakes and truck wants to take off. Yesterday he left his house drove to the end of his court hit the brake easy all of a sudden truck revved up and started moving he said he put both feet on the brake to stop it. Tires were breaking loose and it pushed him out into the intersection luckily no cars were coming. This is the second time also truck is 100% stock
Old 05-27-2009, 06:38 AM

if the system is trying to regen but doing it improperly it could cause the engine to rev and build boost which would have the effect of power braking it. He should be doing the deletes if for no other reason than to just save fuel. dropping the DPF takes about 2 hours and can be fooled with sims for about 100 bucks total in parts from vendors on the forum here.
Old 05-27-2009, 08:03 AM

I dont know anything about these 6.7's I would think that the truck would be a safety hazard if it tries to regen while driving is there a way dealer can check truck there are no engine lights on or anything. He said just now that last time it did this it wasnt as bad but this time he and his wife were scared as they were going into the intersection. I even teased him and said maybe he was touching both pedals in his old age and he said noway he was standing with both feet on brake and it was still moving
Old 06-03-2009, 08:38 AM
DTR Founder

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
I would get that thing to the dealer ASAP. That could be a huge safety hazard. Have you been there yet? If so, what happened? I'm curious about an update on this one..