3rd Gen Engine and Drivetrain -> 2007 and up 6.7 liter Engine and Drivetrain discussion only. PLEASE, NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

Is there a new flash for the overhead display?

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2008, 09:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is there a new flash for the overhead display?

I heard a rumor that there's a new flash for the overhead display that comes with a sticker for the sun visor that explains the new messages. Supposedly you now get a status message when regen is in progress and possibly more things.

Any Dodge techs who can confirm or deny this?
Old 03-29-2008, 10:07 AM

I haven't heard the rumor, but it sounds like a good idea. When mine decides to regen in town, I can smell it at stops
Old 03-29-2008, 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by Dale_K
I heard a rumor that there's a new flash for the overhead display that comes with a sticker for the sun visor that explains the new messages. Supposedly you now get a status message when regen is in progress and possibly more things.

Any Dodge techs who can confirm or deny this?
TSB 18-013-08
Excerpt below.

4. New ECM and CCN software that together will improve the customer understanding of
the exhaust aftertreatment system messages that can be displayed on the overhead
Electronic Vehicle Information Center (EVIC).
Perform this Service Bulletin to update the ECM and CCN software. Install the new sun
visor label.

Both the ecm and ccn get flashed and you get a documentation kit

NOTE: CCN software controls the Electronic Vehicle Information Center (EVIC)
messages. The CCN software must be up to date (correct software level) in
order for the new engine system and exhaust aftertreatment system
messages to be displayed on the EVIC. These new messages are addressed
on the new sun visor label and in the new Diesel Owners Manual
Supplement.
Old 03-29-2008, 11:16 AM

Now I need to take it in and get the flash!!! They should have done this from the start!

Chris
Old 03-29-2008, 02:15 PM

so is it supposed to tell you when the truck is in regen or what all does it change?
Old 03-29-2008, 05:47 PM

Thanks for the confirmation. I'll be down at the dealer soon enough anyway. My code scanner shows a pending P2000 code. I'm sure it will progress to a full blown CEL pretty soon. I'll ask them about the EVIC program at the same time.
Old 03-29-2008, 05:55 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by bob4x4
TSB 18-013-08
Excerpt below.

4. New ECM and CCN software that together will improve the customer understanding of
the exhaust aftertreatment system messages that can be displayed on the overhead
Perform this Service Bulletin to update the ECM and CCN software. Install the new sun
visor label.

Supplement.
Where did you find this TSB? I have searched the internet and find no information on TSB 18-013-08. My local dealer isn't exactly on the ball when it comes to these things so I would like to be armed with the TSB in hand when I see about getting this update. Thanks.
Old 03-29-2008, 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by Dale_K
Thanks for the confirmation. I'll be down at the dealer soon enough anyway. My code scanner shows a pending P2000 code. I'm sure it will progress to a full blown CEL pretty soon. I'll ask them about the EVIC program at the same time.
Dale I just got the same code 3 days ago and my dealer said they have a to reflash the emc but it will be ok to drive til I get it there . Now weather it is a new flash I don`t know cause I have flash "AP"and that is or was suppose to be the latest flash but I can not find any where about a new flash ???? But he said this new flash should fix it . And now that I think about it I double checked my over head unit and under " SYSTEM " it reads "OK" and I know for a fact it can`t be right cause the odom reads " P2000"
Old 03-29-2008, 09:45 PM

Called my dealer a few hours ago, gave him the tsb, he said you have to hace cel, then he looked it up and i go in tuesday for the upgrade, they have fought me on the latest upgrades for sometime now, no CEL no upgrade, guess they have to now.
Old 03-30-2008, 05:42 AM

Question

Originally Posted by bob4x4
TSB 18-013-08
Excerpt below.

visor label.

Supplement.
Hey Bob4x4 thanks for the info but I have one question for you . Where do you find these TSB ????? Do you have a web site so I can bookmark it ??? Thanks for your help !!!!!

Steve
Old 03-30-2008, 07:05 AM

I would like to see the whole TSB to see if it applies to 2007 6.7L trucks as well.
Old 03-31-2008, 10:35 AM

I just got back from my dealer, who tried to tell me "your truck already has it". Said it was part of the G30 recall. I told him "where's my visor sticker and owner's manual update?" Anyway, like the others I'd appreciate the full text and release date for the TSB if it's easy to do. Then I'd have more ammo when I talk with the service writer.
Old 04-01-2008, 03:42 PM

just got back from the dealer, they did both flashes now at AP, took about 30 min., they did not give the new visor sticker (wouldn't have put it on anyway. I am up to date now and will watch to see if there are any changes (mpg etc)
Old 04-01-2008, 06:18 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I also just got back from the dealer. They told me the latest flash was AO so that is what they put in. They showed me the TSB 18-013-08 on their computer and said that it was included in the AO flash that I just received. I asked them about the AP (since P is after O in the alphabet, i assume the AP flash is more recent than the AO) and they said it was not in their system. They also did not include the owners manual supplement nor the sun visor label so I have no way of knowing if the OHC is now programmed to show a regen in process. I am getting ready to go out and play with the OHC to see if there are any new menu's regarding the regeneration or anything else. I will update if I find anything.
Old 04-01-2008, 06:21 PM

The update sticker on mine says AP, and other posts indicate that Ap is the latest, maybe they need to update their star scan

Quick Reply: Is there a new flash for the overhead display?