3rd Gen Engine and Drivetrain -> 2007 and up 6.7 liter Engine and Drivetrain discussion only. PLEASE, NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

Lo jack or a GPS tracking system.....

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2007, 04:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lo jack or a GPS tracking system.....

I just wondered if anyone has the Lo jack brand or any other kind of vehicle tracking device on their trucks? Or do these trucks have some sort of detection device installed stock like for theft recovery?
Old 09-07-2007, 04:38 PM

I added Lo Jack to mine. Cheap insurance in my eyes-

BigD
Old 09-07-2007, 06:45 PM

So I am assuming even the 07 model does not have a factory location device? I thought even my old 03 Duramax had some sort of factory locator in it but maybe it was in the OnStar system on that truck.
Old 09-07-2007, 07:08 PM

If you had OnStar yes. Since these don't have it, Lo Jack is a great tool. Lo Jack has a device that goes on your key ring and if the vehicle is stolen and travels outside a certain distance, Lo Jack calls you. This will expedite recovery of your vehicle.

BigD
Old 09-07-2007, 10:06 PM

I Don't have lo Jack but have worked with it... The only down side to lo-jack is you have to know it is stolen and file the vehicle theft report to activate it... But once activated the resources to find it are unbelievable...

With a lojack hit you will get several police cars tracking your vehicle and also they will dispatch a helicopter equipped with lojack to find your car...

Good stuff....

there are simple ways to defeat the On-star system (not going to be specific about them (so simple that it is stupid)) also they are not very cooperative with law enforcement when it comes to giving vehicle locations of vehicles away.. they usually want a warrant before they will give up the info.. Had a Carjacking (gun to head) and on star would not give up the vehicle location 15 minutes after it was taken with the owner/victim on the phone with them...
Old 04-14-2020, 08:28 PM

Spytec and AMERICALOC are GPS that I have been using. They have been used for two years, and they have done a good job in tracking accuracy and recording driving routes. When going out, I often download driving records once a week. My family can also use them to track my location and ensure that my car and my car are safe.
https://www.gearhunder.com/best-gps-tracker-for-car/
Old 04-14-2020, 08:59 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I don't "pay for service" system; however, I do have a TILE device (Pro) hidden on mine. $35 for one (I bought the 4-pack). Little gadget works well. Web based. If "lost" or stolen, you go to your web account and indicate lost. It uses "BlueTooth" integrated with the web, so, let's say it is stolen--whenever someone (thief? family? friend? anyone?) is nearby and using the "bluetooth" feature on their phone, the system will locate it and send you map pin. You can use that to call the cops. --- That's all "in theory".

However, I did the same for a previous vehicle which I sold (forgot to remove the hidden TILE i had previously attached)....just for fun, I changed its status to "lost". Found it.

A little more complicated than a pay-for-service GPS tracker...