3rd Gen Engine and Drivetrain -> 2007 and up 6.7 liter Engine and Drivetrain discussion only. PLEASE, NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

got a VIN # & it's been shipped!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2007, 12:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
got a VIN # & it's been shipped!!

well talked to the dealer this morning & my truck has been shipped & I got a VIN # is there any way to check the status mysefl over the next week or so??? if anyone knows how/where to check the VIN is: 3D6WH48A87G777677 thanks alot, & I can't wait!! LOL Dusty
Old 02-19-2007, 02:49 PM

Dusty,

That is exciting that your new truck has been shipped. If your dealer can't track it then don't think you will be able to. Do you know who the shipping transport company is? They might be able to track it.
Not to rain on your parade but when I was working my new company van was lost for about 3 months. They just knew is was in the area somewhere. Lost on the storage lot.
Pix please when you get it.
Old 02-19-2007, 07:09 PM

When and what did you order? I am curious cause I ordered one also on Jan. 26th.
Old 02-19-2007, 07:23 PM

the truck in my sig. is what I ordered & I ordered it the first week of Jan., can't remember what day it was?? Dusty
Old 02-20-2007, 05:27 AM

Good Luck

I went to the dealer the last week of Dec. They ordered my new 3500 CTD on Jan 2. Called the factory and it was built on Feb 2. Called last Friday (Feb 16) and they said it was in shipment and I should call my dealer. Called the dealer and he said is SHOULD be here on March 16. That’s 4 weeks to build it and 6 weeks to deliverer it. At a cost of $900 for delivery, I not to happy.
Old 02-26-2007, 02:08 AM

Originally Posted by Motec
I went to the dealer the last week of Dec. They ordered my new 3500 CTD on Jan 2. Called the factory and it was built on Feb 2. Called last Friday (Feb 16) and they said it was in shipment and I should call my dealer. Called the dealer and he said is SHOULD be here on March 16. That’s 4 weeks to build it and 6 weeks to deliverer it. At a cost of $900 for delivery, I not to happy.
Yeah there delivery is a joke!! extra money for them. I am a car hauler and I asked them about that because I can get into the factory to pick cars up and I said so I can take the build sheet and go get my truck and save the fee right? They said um uh well that fee is for all the parts that were shipped to dodge to build your truck!!

Yeah whatever!!
Old 02-26-2007, 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by Road Traveler
Yeah there delivery is a joke!! extra money for them. I am a car hauler and I asked them about that because I can get into the factory to pick cars up and I said so I can take the build sheet and go get my truck and save the fee right? They said um uh well that fee is for all the parts that were shipped to dodge to build your truck!!

Yeah whatever!!
Not really the whole story. The big unions are the reason you can't go up there and pick up your vehicle. Most of the big haulers have all that work tied up. I only know of one of the big haulers that will lease on any Jo Blow with a truck.
Old 02-26-2007, 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by Luke S
Not really the whole story. The big unions are the reason you can't go up there and pick up your vehicle. Most of the big haulers have all that work tied up. I only know of one of the big haulers that will lease on any Jo Blow with a truck.

In some areas you can! If you are a federally licensed motor carrier and are approved they will sub out sometimes. Which I am.

What I was mainly getting at is the way the sum up the transport fees. Even if you buy your truck from the dealer just down the street you still pay a high shipping fee. That is the story they give you is that you are paying for all the freight that it took to get the parts in to build your vehicle.
Old 02-26-2007, 05:44 PM

In some areas you can! If you are a federally licensed motor carrier and are approved they will sub out sometimes. Which I am.

What I was mainly getting at is the way the sum up the transport fees. Even if you buy your truck from the dealer just down the street you still pay a high shipping fee. That is the story they give you is that you are paying for all the freight that it took to get the parts in to build your vehicle.
The reason they charge $900 across the board is so that no one dealer can have a price advantage over another. It has nothing to do with parts delivery charges, your dealer sounds like a bonehead. Some units don't go that far away from the plant at all, but some go all the way across the country, it all evens out.
Old 02-26-2007, 05:47 PM

The reason they charge $900 across the board is so that no one dealer can have a price advantage over another. It has nothing to do with parts delivery charges, your dealer sounds like a bonehead. Some units don't go that far away from the plant at all, but some go all the way across the country, it all evens out.

Not my dealer I was just responding to the guy that started the post! Just another way for the factory to recoupe some fees as well. Parts delivery charges is what the guys at the factory say not the dealer. I was at Fords Buffalo Ny stamping plant and that is what one of the guys up there said.
Old 02-26-2007, 05:59 PM

Not my dealer I was just responding to the guy that started the post! Just another way for the factory to recoupe some fees as well. Parts delivery charges is what the guys at the factory say not the dealer. I was at Fords Buffalo Ny stamping plant and that is what one of the guys up there said.
Ya, but I had one guy at the St.Louis north truck assembly plant tell me a couple years ago that Dodge has two diesels now, the Cummins diesel, and the Hemi diesel. Just cause they put a bolt in a hole, don't mean they know anything else about it.
Old 02-26-2007, 06:02 PM

Ya, but I had one guy at the St.Louis north truck assembly plant tell me a couple years ago that Dodge has two diesels now, the Cummins diesel, and the Hemi diesel. Just cause they put a bolt in a hole, don't mean they know anything else about it.

HAHAHA yeah!! guess you talked to the same guy I got in an argument about the NEW v-10 diesel dodge truck??

I said what you mean the v10 gas like the viper truck he said no the new HO diesel with the v10.

Um yeah ok sure buddy! Hard to beleive there are people out there like this
Old 02-26-2007, 07:10 PM

Thumbs down Vin#?

OK so I ran your VIN# and here is what came up:

2007 Dodge Ram 1500, 4X4, Black, Cloth, 5.7l MDS/Hemi, SWB, TowPackage, Auto, 3.73 Gears, Date of Destination is Friday 03/09/07! I thought that you were getting a Cummins???????
Old 02-26-2007, 07:12 PM

Unhappy

---------------------------------------------- -------
Old 02-26-2007, 07:14 PM

Wink

---------- I bet that little guy in the back of your head was getting real !!!!!!! Na, I didn't really run the VIN but I will tomorrow if I can for you since I made you ever so mad!!! !!!!! SORRY, I just have to have some fun every now and then! Have a Good Day!

**Man, I hope he reads this before he kills someone!!!!

Quick Reply: got a VIN # & it's been shipped!!