3rd Gen Engine and Drivetrain -> 2007 and up 6.7 liter Engine and Drivetrain discussion only. PLEASE, NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

egr delete

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2008, 04:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
egr delete

To delete the egr do i just need the fooler or the fooler and the delete kit. Please educate me a little

thanks
Dayton
Old 12-22-2008, 07:21 PM

there is no fooler for the egr...yet
Old 12-24-2008, 12:28 AM

Right now they just have the egr delete kits. Which have the 2 plates for the egr its self and then the 2 inch circle plate for the crossover tube. When u do the delete u just leave the egr connecter upplugged. Which will give u the check engine light, but thats it. No one has a fooler out for the egr yet. They say they are working on it but who knows. Also you want to remove the butterfly flapper thingy out of the tube. When i did mine it was really cold and i broke the little screws off lol so i had to drill them out. But all in all everything is much better now!!
Old 12-24-2008, 03:41 PM

Other way to delete EGR

Been thinking about other way to do egr delete. Had unplugged egr but had to plug in for trip to dealer over unrelated issue.

Was thinking that the other way to delete egr without codes would be to remove egr valve from intake and route new tubing to tie into exhause system at some point. This way egr can flow all it likes and the sensors will be happy. Not sure where to tie into exhaust. Thinking tube into pipe after turbo discharge would be good. Use tube like header evac system on drag car used to ensure some draw on tube.

Any thoughts?

Shane
Old 12-24-2008, 07:07 PM

The sensor on the EGR valve needs to see some flow or it will throw a code. If you can figure a way to move that EGR assembly over to the downpipe then maybe you could make it work. Seems like a big hassle to me. That CEL isn't so bad.......
Old 12-25-2008, 11:01 PM
Chapter President

Originally Posted by bthanks
Right now they just have the egr delete kits. Which have the 2 plates for the egr its self and then the 2 inch circle plate for the crossover tube. When u do the delete u just leave the egr connecter upplugged. Which will give u the check engine light, but thats it. No one has a fooler out for the egr yet. They say they are working on it but who knows. Also you want to remove the butterfly flapper thingy out of the tube. When i did mine it was really cold and i broke the little screws off lol so i had to drill them out. But all in all everything is much better now!!
Where are the 4 plates installed?