3rd Gen Engine and Drivetrain -> 2003-2007 5.9 liter Engine and drivetrain discussion only. PLEASE, NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

Where in the warrantee does it say...

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2007, 11:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where in the warrantee does it say...

I posted in this forum becuase the item in question is part of the engine/drivetrain.

I have been told a couple times now that the Lift Pump that was just replaced in my 2004 is covered 100% under warrantee. The dealership said it is under warrantee but there is a $100 deductible. I would like to know where I can go to show the dealer that the deductible does not apply. I don't have my owners manuals or anything with me, they are in the truck. So if someone here can tell me exactly where, or in what section of the manuals, I might quickly find this information I would be very appreciative. Or if there is a phone number I can call to confirm the deductible doesn't apply that would be great too.
Old 04-18-2007, 01:40 PM
Chapter President

Call and talk to the Service manager, tell him/her that you know there isnt a 100$ deductable and that he needs to check in the manual. Mine looked it up on his compute and "Well David it appears you are right, bring it on in". Ill look in my book in a few and let you know what sections it is in.
Old 04-18-2007, 02:53 PM
GSW

Did you transfer the warranty when you bought the truck? I'm assuming you are the 2nd owner, per your sig.
Old 04-18-2007, 03:10 PM

Yes, I transfered the warrantees.
Old 04-18-2007, 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by FishingFather
Yes, I transfered the warrantees.
From looking at your SIG you have 57K miles on the truck, this means your basic bumper to bumper warranty (3yr/36K mile) is up and that's when the $100 deductible starts for the remainder of your engine / powertrain warranty. When you transferred the warranty to your name, the dealer should have given you a printed copy of the transfer. It shows when each stage of the warranty ends (basic, engine, powertrain). Hope this helps!
Old 04-18-2007, 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by Pull U 2
It is covered 100% if you transfered the warranty. I just did it 2 months ago so I know it's covered. Go here Dodge click on warranty(in the middle of the page). After you put in the truck info and the adobe reader opens with the warranty info go to pages 11 & 12, paragraph 2.3 I think. I called the customer service line after I read it and they called the dealer for me. Don't let them make you pay for something your entitled to.

I see that the "injection" pump (CP3) is covered. Where does it say "Lift" pump? Well it doesn't. I understand alot of people have had their lift pumps warrentied and I believe it should be but if you get down to the nitty gritty it does not say it in the Cummins warrenty. Just making an observation.
Old 04-18-2007, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by Pull U 2
It is covered 100% if you transfered the warranty. I just did it 2 months ago so I know it's covered. Go here Dodge click on warranty(in the middle of the page). After you put in the truck info and the adobe reader opens with the warranty info go to pages 11 & 12, paragraph 2.3 I think. I called the customer service line after I read it and they called the dealer for me. Don't let them make you pay for something your entitled to.
Part of what confuses this issue is if you look at pages 8 thru 10 under the powertrain warranty it lists some of the same components and there is a $100deductible for this. I agree that to get the service free of charge to take the manual with you to the dealer and show them it clearly states no charge. Sorry for any confusion, I'm learning as I go.
Old 04-18-2007, 06:01 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
But it is under the Cummins engine part of the warranty, not the Dodge part. 3/36 bumper to bumper, no deductable, if you have it 7/70 $100 deductable, now the tricky part, Cummins warranty on Engine and related parts (fuel pumps etc as well as crank, pistons etc, etc, etc) 5 years under 100K miles no deductable, 5 to 7 years still under 100K $100 deductable, They all try to fit the lift pump into the Dodge part of the warranty but the pump is part of the fuel filter that is attached to the engine, therefore they classify it as part of the emmissions and therefore is is under the Cummins part of the warranty. Dodge customer care will agree if you can get someone to look it up, and/or your dealer can do an online warranty claim normally and it will show no deductable payment is required and that is in real time. They tried to charge me $100 deductable for changing an injector at 39000 miles and I told him to shove it. Take it out and return truck to as I droive it in and I would go elsewhere, he suddenly found that it was under warranty....no deductable.
Old 04-18-2007, 11:40 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
No where in the warranty does it state the lift pump is covered under the cummins 100K warranty. IMO the LP being part of the emissions is kind of a far stretch. Most dealers will warranty the LP. I had 3 replaced on my 01 by my dealer. The 4th one was not done by my dealer. They tried charging me 400 and some change. They had the proof that the LP wasn't covered under warranty, but after seeing paper work that the other dealer had done it on 3 occasions and hopes of more business since I now lived by them they only charged me for the fuel filter.