3rd Gen Engine and Drivetrain -> 2003-2007 5.9 liter Engine and drivetrain discussion only. PLEASE, NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

Where to go if dealer wont enable features?

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2006, 08:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where to go if dealer wont enable features?

I've talked with 3 dealerships in Idaho that still say they cant or wont enable the high idle on an 06 6 speed. I have the cummins pin with pigtail ready to install as per wagonfixuns instructions but cant find anyone to enable it. Does anyone know of a dealer or shop close to southern Idaho that knows how to do this? Thanks
Old 12-27-2006, 08:43 PM

Why did they say they would not enable it? If it was offered by DC then it seems as though they should honor that function, they didn't put on the truck not to be used. Maybe customer service for DC should find out out about it!
Old 12-27-2006, 08:47 PM

They all say it is not available on trucks with manual trans.
Old 12-27-2006, 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by moonshinedoc
Why did they say they would not enable it? If it was offered by DC then it seems as though they should honor that function, they didn't put on the truck not to be used. Maybe customer service for DC should find out out about it!
remember, hes using a jumper, thats not how it was called to be done by DC, mother said to use a clutch switch, not the jumper. MAYBE if he had them install the switch also thay would do it. but who wants to pay that much for a item that really, in the real word is not needed. after all, if you hit the brake it turns the fast idle off, an dif the truck starts rolling it will turn the fast idle off. whats next, if you open the door it will shut the engine down.
Old 12-27-2006, 10:12 PM

After they all told me it can't be done on the manual trucks I told them yes it can if there is an additional clutch switch installed. They said YOU ALREADY HAVE A CLUTCH SWITCH AND IT STILL CANT BE DONE. They didn't even want to try. It should be mandatory for ALL tech's to be a member of this forum
Old 12-27-2006, 11:44 PM

i printed out a couple pages from this forum about the high idle on the manuals, and im going to head up to the 'ship with them here in a day or 2 and show the tech. hopefully he will get the point.

i wonder if a god repair shop that would have code readers and computers could do it.
Old 12-28-2006, 12:55 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by arcojet
I've talked with 3 dealerships in Idaho that still say they cant or wont enable the high idle on an 06 6 speed. I have the cummins pin with pigtail ready to install as per wagonfixuns instructions but cant find anyone to enable it. Does anyone know of a dealer or shop close to southern Idaho that knows how to do this? Thanks
Where are you located? What dealers have you tried? How much are you willing to pay?
Old 12-28-2006, 02:01 AM

i went to the dealer where i bought my 06 auto trans truck in elk grove, calif. and they told me that it would void my warranty. when i asked why the feature was there, they told me it was there for the service people only. what possible harm could come from this feature?
Old 12-28-2006, 02:33 AM

The high idle feature did not cost me anything to activate at the dealer where the truck was purchased. Just walked in to the service dept. and asked if they could check it for me. I will be taking it back to them to raise the rpm, tried to raise it by using the cruse control like they told me to. Don't know if I am doing something wrong or that it needs to be done by the service dept. My opinion if it is an option that is on your truck that only needs to be (activated) it should be done at no extra charge, we pay enough for these trucks anyway.
Old 12-28-2006, 07:44 AM

Originally Posted by no_6_oh_no
Where are you located? What dealers have you tried? How much are you willing to pay?
Southeast Idaho, 100 miles from Idahofalls.--- Ron Sayer Dodge- Lithia in Pocatello- Latham in Twinfalls, I would pay 1/2 hr labor,maybe more, depending on the circumstances, Had it done for free without even asking on my 04 with automatic at the dealer in Idahofalls. What I would really like to do is show these tech's. a set of instructions from dc so I can say TOLD YOU SO
Old 12-28-2006, 08:50 AM

Tell them you are planning on installing a PTO driven winch and you need the function turned on. It's that easy.

CD
Old 12-28-2006, 09:57 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by shooterman
i went to the dealer where i bought my 06 auto trans truck in elk grove, calif. and they told me that it would void my warranty. when i asked why the feature was there, they told me it was there for the service people only. what possible harm could come from this feature?
that's just rediculous... it's a feature designed to protect the engine!
Old 12-28-2006, 01:51 PM

not just an activation with the 6 spd

jd4230--the dealer may have activated it. You still need a ground on the ecm pin(22 i think) for it to function.

I supposedly had mine activated a few wks ago, just have to get the pin, now.

jeff
Old 12-28-2006, 11:00 PM

I went to the dealer with the part number for the clutch switch, said my truck already had a clutch switch and that it couldn't be done on a manual.

I explained that it could be done, so they brought their diesel tech out to meet me. I talked to him about it, and he was very interested. They turned on the feature on my truck and gave me the pigtail free of charge.

The tech wanted me to call him and let him know how it worked out, for some reason they weren't able to do it for me while I was there.

Good news is that it worked great, bad news is that I went and tried that Bully Dog try before you buy, and now my high idle doesn't work!
Old 12-28-2006, 11:07 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by arcojet
Southeast Idaho, 100 miles from Idahofalls.--- Ron Sayer Dodge- Lithia in Pocatello- Latham in Twinfalls, I would pay 1/2 hr labor,maybe more, depending on the circumstances, Had it done for free without even asking on my 04 with automatic at the dealer in Idahofalls. What I would really like to do is show these tech's. a set of instructions from dc so I can say TOLD YOU SO
arcojet - don't even mess with latham's in Twin Falls. Call Lithia in Twin Falls or even Mountain Home Auto Ranch.. If you need their number's let me know. I bought my truck in Mountain home but have a lot of stuff done in Lithia in TF.. DOn't have the time to drive to Mountain home....

SHane

Quick Reply: Where to go if dealer wont enable features?