3rd Gen Engine and Drivetrain -> 2003-2007 5.9 liter Engine and drivetrain discussion only. PLEASE, NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

Well Starting not to like my truck.....

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2006, 05:09 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would check fuel pressure to the CP3 (injection pump).
A fuel pressure gauge is a good idea anyway.

Its sounds as if your fuel rail is dropping all pressure, and banging out. That is very detrimental to your injection pump.

First pull the programmer off.
Get a gauge, then see what your pressure is at when it goofs up.
If it is the fuel pressure, check the stock lift pump.

All I can think of when you say it was dropping boost is running out of fuel somehow.

When is the last time you have changed your fuel filter? That can be a good reason if you have been running red fuel. Red fuel is not as refined as clear, and being moved from tank, to tank, to tank, can get some pretty nasty gunk in the fuel.

Hope this helps you man. Good luck
Old 08-14-2006, 05:24 PM

Ditto the fuel pressure, rail pressure relief valve and/or boost leak.
Old 08-15-2006, 06:45 AM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Ok, it is hard reading without there being any kind of punctuation, to that I agree.
However, in an effort to keep this thread on topic, if you can read through it, please address the issue he's having with the truck and not the grammatical skills.

Thanks.
Rich.
Old 08-15-2006, 04:06 PM

OK - here goes . I can't believe that someone said red or dyed diesel would damage injectors or void a warranty.

Just look at all the construction equipment. some up to $200,000 and more all "" off road working construction sites. They have injectors do you think there SPECIAL or something NO.

Off road diesel will not damage an engine or injectors God if they did. No buildings or roads would ever be built... and there would be a lot of JUNK construction equipment thats for sure. Now after thinking about it doesn't it make sense????

Ok - I am an old man sitting in my chair, I am going back to doozing now while all those great minds are grinding away..

Later guys John H
Old 08-15-2006, 06:39 PM

Refinery Worker

Let me give you the low down on low sulfur diesel and high sulfur diesel. It is exactly that. Home heating fuel is the same as low sulfur diesel but with much less sulfur content. The flash points are the same and the cetane numbers may be just a bit off but not much. Low sulfur diesel is just refined at a higher temperature and with more hydrogen partial pressure. Now the new ultra low sulfur diesel may have some problems for new trucks as there is very little lubrication because of the very low sulfur ppm (or parts per million) we may have to be adding some sort of fuel addative due to this new product. I will have to find out more about that. But the red dye they put in the high sulfur diesel will not harm your truck at all. I dont suggest using in place of over the road diesel as you will get fined big time but it shouldnt hurt your vehicle at all. The only other things you may concern yourself with are the pour points as a lower pour point may gell a bit easier. use an anti gell in the winter.