3rd Gen Engine and Drivetrain -> 2003-2007 5.9 liter Engine and drivetrain discussion only. PLEASE, NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

Vibration fixed but rear shaft yoke is leaking

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2004, 01:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vibration fixed but rear shaft yoke is leaking

The good news is I got my vibration fixed. I was convinced that it was probably the dreaded 70mph driveline vibe as it was really bad around 67-70. So I decided to eliminate tire balancing as my first step before I took it in to the dealer. I had the tires road forced balanced at a local Goodyear shop with a great group of guys. So, got on the freeway expecting to still feel the vibe and to my amazement it was gone...smooth as glass now. The tech indicated that each of the tires was off 1.5-2 ounces. What a difference a good balance job will make.

However, while it was on the rack I noticed some red fluid splattered on the underside of the body where the rear drive shaft meets the transfer case. Looks like it's probably coming from the yoke. Pulled the plug on the t-case tonight and the fluid was just a tad low but I'm going to have to take it in. Nothing big, but I did notice someone else experienced this when I did a search. Something to look out for if you haven't looked yet or lately.

Karl
Old 06-27-2004, 08:54 PM

Hah funny you should mention that, I found the same thing today on mine!
Old 06-28-2004, 03:34 PM

I guess we'll both be in then Mark...have an appointment Tues morning. Let me know how your's goes.

Karl
Old 06-28-2004, 03:35 PM

Will do!
Old 06-29-2004, 09:10 PM

yea, i swear to god we bring in our trucks to fix problems that shouldnt be even happening and then we get the truck back and it has even more problems...

For example... i just noticed a dent in my door.... i had NO dents anywhere on this truck when i went to the dealer i made sure to double check that... now i have a fairly big and obvious dent where it looks like another truck parked up next to it and banged the door into the passenger side... Dang....IT.

So now they are taking the truck back tommorow to fix the dent and another scratch in my paint "got keyed while at the dealership... god Dang it"

plus when they fixed my vibration i got the truck back 2 days later and i brought it in with a full tank of diesel... when i got it back it had 1/2 a tank.... *** did they drive it to georgia and back!??!?!?!? sigh...

Btw why is the D*MN word blocked out.. i cant believe its that bad...
I hate the dealership
no respect
I hate people.
No respect
Old 06-29-2004, 11:32 PM
Banned

Well, the bad words are cut out because this is a family site and little kids might be reading this site (my 3 year old cousin was looking over my shoulder earlier today while I was on here). If you have a problem with that, take it up with Jack.

As far as the truck goes, at least they are willing to take the blame for it and fix it for ya. Mine would have told me to do you know what to myself.

Concerning the gas, I'd chew their butts out for that one. Who knows what they did to your truck while they were driving it. I rememeber an episode with an 03 cobra where a sevice dealer dude bragged about driving the you know what out of this ladies cobra all over the internet. Lady sued the kid. Did you notice what the mileage was before you brought it in there? Afterwards? If there was a big difference in mileage(which there should be with half a tank missing), I'd call up Dodge HQ and demand at least a tank of fuel on them.
Old 06-30-2004, 06:37 PM

You know i never really thought of the other form of "Dang" as bad really, but i guess so for really little kids :/

its alright today, i went in got the dent fixed was pretty cool watching the guy roll the dent out from the inside out... was interesting

i asked them about it and they said they would give me a free car wash and oil change, i said alright.

Trending Topics

Old 07-01-2004, 03:26 AM
DTR Founder

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Btw why is the [removed by admin] word blocked out.. i cant believe its that bad...
I hate the dealership
no respect
I hate people.
No respect
Maybe some therapy would help

...and...what Bigblue said. Read the rules YOU AGREED TO before posting here again.
Old 07-08-2004, 12:07 AM

Well, they put the new yoke assembly on Monday. Looks like the yoke seal and plug, harmonic balancer and u-joint were replaced and so far so good. I cleaned underneath the body Monday night and after two days of driving I don't see any signs of fluid splatter.

I plan on towing the trailer to check things out before our big trip to Tahoe in a couple of weeks so I guess we'll see how it holds up over the weekend.

Karl
Old 07-08-2004, 08:13 PM

Got the slip yoke and seal replaced, two days in the shop