3rd Gen Engine and Drivetrain -> 2003-2007 5.9 liter Engine and drivetrain discussion only. PLEASE, NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

Transmission - Dodge Dealer in Houston

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2008, 09:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Transmission - Dodge Dealer in Houston

I am looking for a good Dodge Dealer service department for work on my transmission. My Bully Dog & Boost Fooler have been removed for quite some time. While driving thru parking lots, my tranny constantly goes back and forth from 1st to 2nd and back to 1st. The 2 - 3 has it as well, but not as noticable. When pulling my travel trailer 3rd gear feels week.
Old 10-29-2008, 01:20 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well if you think a dealer is what you want, then go to Helfman Dodge on I-10 and Silber. Ask for Alan Childs service writer. Tell him John with the Black Dodge that races sent you. They do have a good service department. They sell mainly trucks out of that location and that is their fleet sales site also. I have dealt with the service department there for over 5 years now. They have always been honest and accurate with any of the issues I had.
Old 10-29-2008, 11:11 PM

48RE 1-2 shift at light throttle

Dodge has a TSB on the 1-2 shift issue. It's dated May 24, 2007 and the TSB number is 21-009-07. You can go to Genos site and download the TSB.
I have an 07 with an 06 build date and it's going into the dealer for the
TSB fix, along with a couple other items, in the morning. I'll let you know
how it turns out.
Old 10-30-2008, 09:15 AM

I just had mine go through the same thing. I took to the dealer and the Service Writer kept telling me it could be anything and I should expect to be without truck for a couple of days while they diagnose. Anyway, I left a printed copy of the TSB lying on the console so the Technician could find it. Two hours later they called and said truck was fixed. They replaced the governor pressure solenoid and all is good.

Bill
Old 11-27-2008, 10:43 AM

Talking Transmission - Dodge Dealer in Houston

RamWheelsBy4,
Thanks for the advice. I took the truck to Alan and it was nice to finally find a Dodge Service department that is aware of the 48RE problems. They rebuilt the transmission under warranty and suggested upgrades for the valve body and torque converter. The upgrades will now be covered under warranty. The guys at Helfman Dodge did an outstanding job and if I have any problems in the future that requires dealer service, I will go there. It is nice to finally have a truck that has a more reliable transmission.
Old 11-30-2008, 09:00 PM

After all the bad stuff we continue to hear about bad service departments and techs that don't know squat it's refreshing to hear about a dealership that has a good service department that has done a good job. Hats off to them!!!!!
Jay
Old 11-30-2008, 11:09 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TCPower73
RamWheelsBy4,
Thanks for the advice. I took the truck to Alan and it was nice to finally find a Dodge Service department that is aware of the 48RE problems. They rebuilt the transmission under warranty and suggested upgrades for the valve body and torque converter. The upgrades will now be covered under warranty. The guys at Helfman Dodge did an outstanding job and if I have any problems in the future that requires dealer service, I will go there. It is nice to finally have a truck that has a more reliable transmission.
Glad you were satisfied with the service. They still do my oil changes I was there Friday as a matter of fact. Get a set of coupons in the mail every month or so from the Service Manager. 34.95 oil changes are hard to beat.

They don't do my performance work, but somethings they are still my best option. I do trust them to do what they say the right way.

Trending Topics

Old 07-03-2010, 09:19 PM

i have a horror story, stay away from northwest dodge, they did a horrible job on my transmission and now 3 months after my warranty is expired its having more problems than i brought it in with. i also have an aftermarket remote start alarm and they managed to mess up the wiring then tell me its not there alarm and i have to shell out hundreds of dollars to have it fixed... now i have a transmission goin out and my warranty is expired by 3 months