3rd Gen Engine and Drivetrain -> 2003-2007 5.9 liter Engine and drivetrain discussion only. PLEASE, NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

thank you lord! (injectors)

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2007, 07:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thank you lord! (injectors)

hello,

i am thanking the lord for warranty work. truck in my signature line has been in the shop 3 times for injector issues. just got a call from my service writer and they are replacing all 6 injectors under warranty because they were leaking down.

i don't understand the mechanics of this and not sure my service writer does but i will tell you this, on start up i had the white/blue smoke, rough idle and stink.

at 18k i had #1 replaced, about 38k the tubes going into the injectors were loose (dealer fixed) and at 41k i took it back in. all three times i had the smoke/idle issues. when #1 took a dump my truck would stumble as tho it was missing.

also had AC issues blowing warm.

it is my opinon that these injectors are suspect. i will buy the best fuel i can find and run the hell out of my truck.

i have used union 76 fuel in the past and diesel kleen. any opinions on 76 and should we really run a fuel additive? some say no and some say yes.

david,
socal
Old 09-22-2007, 10:47 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have a suggestion and you can actually hear the difference in the way your motor runs within 15 minutes of doing this. go fill your tank with diesel and then go to wallmart and buy yourself a gallon of supertech 2 stroke oil and dump in 1 quart. I was a non believer untill I ran out of my lucas fuel addative and tried the 2 stroke. my motor got SO much quieter in a matter of minutes. it idles smoother , the truck shakes less. I dumped some in my wifes 04 and it did the same exact thing. its hard to believe the difference.its cheap too!
Old 09-22-2007, 11:06 AM
MMMmmmm.... Grits!!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
That's great news, I think. I got my 18-003-06 flash yesterday and am waiting to try a new full tank, might fill up today. Also told you I used PS, but after reading alot more I may try the 2-cycle oil trick too. Let you know how it works out. You certainly have someone looking out for you that's higher up. D-C or otherwise.
Old 09-22-2007, 01:18 PM

injectors

Originally Posted by ratlratl
That's great news, I think. I got my 18-003-06 flash yesterday and am waiting to try a new full tank, might fill up today. Also told you I used PS, but after reading alot more I may try the 2-cycle oil trick too. Let you know how it works out. You certainly have someone looking out for you that's higher up. D-C or otherwise.
i have very good relationship with this dealership. have bought 2 CTD from them and they know there is a closer dealership to my house than they. i like the idea of 2-cycle oil but at this point i am gun shy and afraid to put anything in my fuel tank other than good quality diesel fuel.

some folks on this board swear by diesel kleen and some folks use nothing. last thing i want is D-C voiding my warranty down the road.

not sure but the fact i don't tow that much may have something to do with the injectors but the dealership has said nothing other than i need to pay a $100.00 deductable total. not bad as they told me the sticks are about $500 per plus hourly labor. hell, i will pay the $100 and smile as i go down the road. they also gave me a loaner.

service writer told me not necessary to run fuel additive. anyone know the official position from D-C on fuel additives?

david
socal
Old 09-22-2007, 02:27 PM

From what i have read been told by just about every diesel tech i have talked to, it's absolutly nessesary to add additives to the new ULSD when used in 07 and older trucks. basicly we already had crapy diesel in this country and now that they brought out the new emissions, the fuel has turned out to be not and backwards compatible as they thought it would be.
Old 09-22-2007, 02:47 PM
Banned

http://priproducts.com

There's alot of opinions out there,but give PRI a look or shout and see what you believe.Alot of products claim one thing or another or show homemade pie charts or graphs and do in house testing , but PRI has all thier products test by 3rd party.(by the # 1 lab in the U.S. and # 2 in the world)
Old 09-23-2007, 10:39 AM
Banned

I run the Diesel Kleene as well, and with 150K on my clock, not a lick of trouble one. I replace my fuel filter every 2-3 oil changes, and run Diesel Kleene every 3-5 tanks of fuel, and that's it. I fill up everywhere....Exxon, Texaco, Shell, Diamond Shamrock, Truck Stop's, does not matter to me.
AND I run the snot out of my truck with my TST tickling my injectors
Old 09-25-2007, 07:20 PM

Smile

New to forum but thought i would add to this thread. I have 05 bought new and have had stanadyne in every tank, also have a superchip on tow performance. I used the truck 4 about a yr towing travel trailers across country. Now have 120000 miles with no problems other than its time 4 a clutch. Knock on wood no problems and love my ctd.
Old 09-27-2007, 09:15 PM

Stanadyne is good stuff.