3rd Gen Engine and Drivetrain -> 2003-2007 5.9 liter Engine and drivetrain discussion only. PLEASE, NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

should have a got a Duramax - 06, 512 miles, SES light...?

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2006, 03:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jezzhuntin
my lumbar broke, I am getting a powerstroke.
Good thing you didn't say Dmax, 'cuz they 'aint got lumbar unless you get the leather seats.

Originally Posted by grantx5
Better yet, look at a Tundra. Regional sales guy at our county fair says the new one coming out in February will own the market (not sure which one though). Guess they're going to be real affordable too.

Only thing they're going to be owning with a gas engine is people's wallets. Tundra is a child's toy compared to our trucks. Not yet a serious competitor.
Old 10-27-2006, 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by 04ctd
it was $3500 rebate for GM dmax, and $5000 for the gasser 2500 HD.

my daughter had her Gasser 2500 HD lemon law'ed - so for me to even THINK about a HD; lets you know how freaking PO'ed I was this morning. spun tight real quick.

anyways, got to thinking about my kid's problems with her truck, settled me quick.

my 04 CTD kinda just chapped me with it's myriad problems.

was a P0514 , "battery circuit" whatever that is. no reason to go buy a superior vehicle like a duramax with perimeter lighting, lites on mirrors, memory seats - all the comfort & convenience of a Y2K truck,

not like our CTD's - which are "hair band" technology (straight from the 80's)

dog had a fit last nite - i am thinking maybe we had a small furry visitor that crawled up there to get warm on the block heater, did something to set the code?

This happened to me. I just switched over from a long line of Chevy's that had engine codes all the time, so I was ticked when I had one happen to my first Dodge. I just pulled into the dealer and remained calm until they told me what was wrong. They simply said "blah blah blah to the air filter blah blah blah. You're all set, have a nice day". I was so uptight my ears were not really on until they could tell me the cost. I was out of there in 5 minutes. Been happy every since.
Old 10-27-2006, 04:49 PM

I would say nothing is gonna be perfect. I just bought my wife a new trailblazer and it now has 670 miles with a miss/rough idle and the cel has been on twice now. Took it to the ******* and now it has to go back
Old 10-28-2006, 05:51 AM

04CTD, Man we all get ticked at out truck at times for something or other, whatever brand. Good luck with your new truck, I think you will love it.
Old 10-28-2006, 07:24 AM

I had a 2002 chevy duramax and it has 136k on it and never had a bit of trouble with it. Just bought my dodge to try it out.
Old 10-28-2006, 09:07 AM

Im going to try a duramax next..That way I will know for myself if they are king of the road....Drove one 2 days ago and realy liked it.
Old 10-28-2006, 09:48 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Around here the dealers had been throwing rebates of 10K rite off the top of all Dmax Crew cabs this past summer. I dont know if it was a deal the dealer did to move inventory or a factory rebate. I went and looked for the heck of it and they also nock 10K off the value of your trade in. Needles to say I drove home with my dodge. Personaly I know of no one that has any complaints abought there Dmax. The people I know with them will never ever even consider owning anything else. One freind of mine beats the poop out of his 03 and it never hickups. As soon as I get done typing this I am leaving to to go with a different budie who is going to test drve an 03 that he wants real bad. I would be drivng one now instead of my Dodge but the Dodge was cheaper. I love my Cummins but the Dmax isent as bad as all of you make it out to be.
Old 10-28-2006, 06:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I hate the look of the front end of the newer Cheys, so their for I will never own one. I have been told that they do well but I'm a Dodge man and have been for over 20 years.
Old 10-28-2006, 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by v8440
Not as reliable or durable as a cummins of course, but a good solid second place.
I hate to say it but in racing we call second place the first looser!

My nephew has the D-Max and I'm laughing all the way to the dealer every time he has a problem. I enjoy picking him up in my CTD at the duratrash dealer.

Derek <*)))><
Old 10-28-2006, 07:35 PM

these guys who have one little problem and cry about havin a dodge are morons, get a ford or a chevy then you'll really see numerous problems. Its funny how my friends with there fords talk so much but yet every other time i talk to them something is wrong, something new is leaking, theres a new "noise".. i just laugh and shake my head..
Old 10-28-2006, 07:41 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by nfsommer
these guys who have one little problem and cry about havin a dodge are morons,
how many dodges have you had set in your yard dead?
.. i just laugh and shake my head at the moronic posts made by the new guys on here....

dude - RTFP - i bought it on FRIDAY and it had a CEL on WEDNESDAY
Old 10-29-2006, 06:05 AM

.. i just laugh and shake my head at the moronic posts made by the new guys on here....

Dude, you are the one who started this post with the title "should have bought a Duramax". What kind of responses did you expect to get?

I think your expectations were a little high if you aren't willing to let Dodge slide on having one problem with a new truck. Most of the Ford 6.0L guys would be thrilled to only have one warranty issue to deal with.
Old 10-29-2006, 06:42 AM

A friend of mine bought the 06 D-maxx and with not many more miles than you had to give it to the service dept for 3 months to replace to slugs and a head. The glow plugs stayed on and the tips melted off into his cylinders. I'd stick with the light!
Old 10-29-2006, 06:59 AM

I say get the duramax and don't look back. Maybe you could buy me neighbors since its a paper weight to him. little over 3,000 miles and the intial diagnosis is some injectors need replaced and it has a dead cylinder. At the dealer now. I think they are still trying to figure out how they are going to pin it on him and make him eat it. Oh, it is a 2006. They all have problems plain and simple.
Old 10-29-2006, 07:10 AM

NONE..

and i have been arond dodge cummins since i can remember. Next door neighbor has a fleet of them for his construction company and loves them, the only problems he has had is drivers abusing the trucks and a few lift pumps, out of 23 trucks im willing to bet he has saved at least 20k by going with dodge vs. ford or chevy..

Quick Reply: should have a got a Duramax - 06, 512 miles, SES light...?