3rd Gen Engine and Drivetrain -> 2003-2007 5.9 liter Engine and drivetrain discussion only. PLEASE, NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

Serviced truck last night and found............

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2007, 10:20 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Serviced truck last night and found............

I serviced truck last night and found only two grease fittings on the tie rod ends. Is there any more? The dealers are full of edited by admin
Iwas told they serviced the whole truck when I purchased it. I found a black air & fuel filters, origional trans filter, grease fittings ungreased. Where did honesty & trust go? Three trips to NAPA for a filter for my 46RE trans filter. I bought it and it didn't look right, went back later one to double check it and was told it was the right one. Last night I dropped the pan on my neighbors lift and walla it was wrong! This morning I go back and get a competent person and there it is the right one. Now the baby is running sweet.

If I didn't like the truck so much I would go back and shove it up the Dodge managers edited by admin. You can't trust them

Last edited by Totallyrad; 03-13-2007 at 04:44 PM. Reason: Profanity S/L
Old 03-12-2007, 10:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I do not trust anyone to do any maintance on my truck, or maybe I just ****. With regards to the tie rod ends, my truck does not have any greasable fittings on them.

Originally Posted by JOE M
I serviced truck last night and found only two grease fittings on the tie rod ends. Is there any more? The dealers are full of
Iwas told they serviced the whole truck when I purchased it. I found a black air & fuel filters, origional trans filter, grease fittings ungreased. Where did honesty & trust go? Three trips to NAPA for a filter for my 46RE trans filter. I bought it and it didn't look right, went back later one to double check it and was told it was the right one. Last night I dropped the pan on my neighbors lift and walla it was wrong! This morning I go back and get a competent person and there it is the right one. Now the baby is running sweet.

If I didn't like the truck so much I would go back and shove it up the Dodge managers . You can't trust them
Old 03-12-2007, 10:30 PM

its better to do everything yourself...no one cares about your truck as much as you do. and they'll never treat it with the same respect that you would
Old 03-12-2007, 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by dhughe2
its better to do everything yourself...no one cares about your truck as much as you do. and they'll never treat it with the same respect that you would
I'd say AMEN to that!!!!
Old 03-12-2007, 10:57 PM

been going on for some time. dodge is not the only one leaving zerts off. they don't want front end to last forever.

if ball joint goes dry... game over.

use a grease needle. fits right on tip of grease gun. poke needle through rubber boot, then fill full of grease.

guarantee to help extend ball joint life.

I serviced truck last night and found only two grease fittings on the tie rod ends. Is there any more? The dealers are full of

If I didn't like the truck so much I would go back and shove it up the Dodge managers . You can't trust them
Old 03-13-2007, 09:20 AM

Humm, I wonder if mine were changed? I like the Idea of the grease needle. It is funny that I do things for other as I would do it if it was for myself. Maybe it is my upbringing. People just don't question folks they are paying for services anymore. Why I don't know?
Old 03-13-2007, 12:55 PM

ya it's ur upbringing i'm the same way.
Old 03-13-2007, 01:01 PM

So what are all the lube points - how many zerks are there, and how many places should you stick a grease needle in?
Old 03-13-2007, 01:10 PM

If I absolutely have to take mine to the dealer for something. I watch everything they do. I tell them where they can go when they say customers aren't allowed in the shop. It's my truck and I'll supervise.
Old 03-13-2007, 04:10 PM

Perhaps you got the wrong trans filter because you asked for one for a 46RE trans. Your '05 as you have in your sig has a 48RE trans. And, yes, you are right, you can't trust 'em!
Old 03-14-2007, 01:17 AM

It is funny that I do things for other as I would do it if it was for myself. Maybe it is my upbringing.
Originally Posted by DinosDiesel
ya it's ur upbringing i'm the same way
Well I feel a little better now. I was beginning to think I was the only one left in the world that felt this way. We are quite obviously a minority, though.

I've gotten to where I hate working on our vehicles and would rather pay someone else to do it. I still do everything myself, however, when I can, because I usually spend more time trying to fix whatever somebody messed up (or in your case didn't do) than it would have taken me just to do it in the first place!
Old 03-14-2007, 02:27 PM

I thought that our trans all took the same pan gasket filter from 2006 back to 1998 if not earlier?
Old 03-14-2007, 02:56 PM

I serviced truck last night and found only two grease fittings on the tie rod ends. Is there any more? The dealers are full of edited by admin

If I didn't like the truck so much I would go back and shove it up the Dodge managers edited by admin. You can't trust them
WOW...IN THE BUSINESS FOR 20 YEARS, AND I CANT TELL ORIGINAL TRANS FILTER...AND ITS NOT A 46RE TRANS...
THE AIR FILTER, THERE IS NO EXCUSE FOR. NONE.
Old 03-14-2007, 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by t-boe
If I absolutely have to take mine to the dealer for something. I watch everything they do. I tell them where they can go when they say customers aren't allowed in the shop. It's my truck and I'll supervise.
LOL, YOUD GET YOUR BUTT TOSSED OUT OF MY 30 BAY SERVICE DEPT...LOL
NEXT!!!
Old 03-15-2007, 03:39 PM

http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/9...1001470om9.jpg

HERE IS THE HARDEST ONE TO FIND

Quick Reply: Serviced truck last night and found............