3rd Gen Engine and Drivetrain -> 2003-2007 5.9 liter Engine and drivetrain discussion only. PLEASE, NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

Raptor 100gph pressure?

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2010, 05:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For my 1/8" NPT fittings i used some type of Diesel fuel resistant thread sealant. It was in a Cummins squeeze tube that my nephew gets at the dealership where he works so I really don't know what it is for sure but it always works. It is gray in color. Everything else for the fuel pressure gauge to the isolator was in #4 JIC.
Old 10-10-2010, 05:25 PM

Thanks for both of your suggestions. I will see how the #2 sets up tomorrow, and grab some teflon tape after work in the event it doesn't.

I'll check out that diesel resistant sealant too...

-J
Old 10-10-2010, 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by rip 112
teflon tape for me with no problems
If you use teflon tape make sure it is yellow, for hydrocarbons. Also do not put the tape on the first one or two threads, especually if it is betwen your filters and the injection pump. Don/t want a pice shearing off and entering the pump and injectors.
Old 10-11-2010, 09:49 AM

Thanks. Went to Home Depot and surprisingly it was right there next to the regular teflon tape... only about 3x the cost. Hope it works.

-J
Old 10-11-2010, 12:40 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It will like said^ dont put it on the first couple of threads so you wont get anything in-line.
Old 10-12-2010, 06:02 PM

Got the tape on, reinstalled, crossed fingers, no leaks for now. Let it idle a bit and much to my surprise the light on the gauge works as well. Success. I set it to ~18psi at idle, gauge reading after the stock filter bowl and a Cat 2micron, this too high or just right? Thanks.

-J
Old 10-12-2010, 07:14 PM

Should be OK. Do keep a watch on the OE filter cap.

I did have a problem with the seal leaking. I purchased the aluminum cap from Geno's but have not installed it because I stopped the leak with a new O'ring
Old 01-08-2011, 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by lastcall190
Well I got my Raptor yesterday, and installed it today. I would've taken pictures, and I always have that ambition but things typically end up not going as smooth as I hope so if I had a camera it would probably end up just thrown across the garage. I'll just give a quick rundown and my impression of the product.

I got the RP100 and it's apparently redesigned and has all quick connects now. Whereas before you would thread the quick connect adapter to the hose fitting and then click it on to the feed line, now you get preassembled hoses. You get a healthy portion of hose. The fitting on the back of the filter canister is now a quick connect as well (90*). The fittings for the Raptor itself are some type of fancy quick connect that is unable to be disconnected without a little tool, I can't remember the name and the instructions are in my truck now. I am split on whether or not I like these new fittings versus the old pushlock stuff. On one hand it makes assembly an absolute BREEZE. But on the other hand, you are kind of limited in your approach to connecting the lines. What I mean by that is, on my regular cab I couldn't for the life of me find a suitable spot on the inside of the frame to mount it (anyone have a good spot??). So I had to mount on the outside and give myself tons of slack so that I didn't kink the lines (they are good now). It's pretty well hidden, and I needed it hooked up. What sucks is that I had to come in and basically pull a 180* with the hoses since the IN/OUT ports are on the opposite logical sides (IN faces the motor OUT faces the tank). That being said, I could imagine a truck config with more frame space could find a better location, but I am happy with where mine is. The wiring is so **** simple, probably because there is none. Everything is plug and play, and the hardest part is running the wires. After zip tying everything in place I'd say the install took a few hours, at least 1 of which was just finding a f*(#)^* spot for the pump. I am incredibly satisfied with this piece, largely in part due to the fact that I didn't have to buy anything else to install it. Instructions are IMO very easy. Had to bump the starter a few times, then it fired right up like it normally does. My gauge isn't here yet, and I don't really hot rod it much, but I feel better knowing the canister mounted russian roulette special is outta there. Thanks to those who gave some pointers on this and Glacier for the good price.

-J
I just installed the Raptor 100 w/ the quick connects also. I have a 4 door short bed 4x4 and like you I had a hard time finding a place to put it. If I put it where the instructions show the transfer case, the fuel tank or the body mount was in the way. I ended up putting it on the outside of the front under the rear door. I had to mount it upside down because I didnt have enough hose to loop it. Has anyone had any problems with the pump being upside down?