3rd Gen Engine and Drivetrain -> 2003-2007 5.9 liter Engine and drivetrain discussion only. PLEASE, NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

One of the cats was toying with a mouse...

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2006, 05:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool One of the cats was toying with a mouse...

this morning and woke me up earlier than I wanted to be so here I sit.

I have done a bunch of searches and just want a definitive answer.

Oil filters, 2004 SO. What part number for the Fleetguard Stratopore?

My dealer was doing the service on my truck, went in yesterday a little overdue, They doubled the price of my service!! I admit, I was getting a deal, it was only costing $45 to get Lube, Oil & Filter now it is $80. At the previous price it was what it would cost me to do it myself. Now I guess I have no choice. Before it cost me $57 to get oil change and tire rotation. Now $105.

Looks like I am going out in the cold to do it myself from now on. I know, I know most of you guys like doing your own but I have enjoyed saving my time for doing things I like better.

Looks like I better bone up on doing the fuel filter also. Haven't done that one yet. And then there is the transmission. Looks like I'm gonna be gettin dirty again

Hondo
Old 01-07-2006, 07:41 AM

Originally Posted by Hondo
this morning and woke me up earlier than I wanted to be so here I sit.

I have done a bunch of searches and just want a definitive answer.

Oil filters, 2004 SO. What part number for the Fleetguard Stratopore?

My dealer was doing the service on my truck, went in yesterday a little overdue, They doubled the price of my service!! I admit, I was getting a deal, it was only costing $45 to get Lube, Oil & Filter now it is $80. At the previous price it was what it would cost me to do it myself. Now I guess I have no choice. Before it cost me $57 to get oil change and tire rotation. Now $105.

Looks like I am going out in the cold to do it myself from now on. I know, I know most of you guys like doing your own but I have enjoyed saving my time for doing things I like better.

Looks like I better bone up on doing the fuel filter also. Haven't done that one yet. And then there is the transmission. Looks like I'm gonna be gettin dirty again

Hondo
The fleetgaurd filter # LF16035.
I won't let the dealer touch my truck unless it is warranty related and something I cant do myself, they charge entirely too much for labor and mine is cheap.
Old 01-07-2006, 09:14 AM

Years ago at the Nissan dealer I was at we did oil and filters with factory filters lets say for $19.95.Didn't make a nickel hardly and they interupted REAL work all during the day.Did about 500 a month.WE decided if it was going to be a hassel to go up enough to MAKE money.Went to $29.95.Still did 500 a month.Didn't mind the $19.95 on vehicles ALREADY in being worked on for other stuff but the drive ins JUST for a oil change was a pain.At least WE made profit after going up in price.
Old 01-07-2006, 03:02 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
like dr3500 said- i also won't let the dealer touch my truck unless it is for warranty issues. hey, i know, if they screw it up-you have a better chance of them fixing it! for me, it is the hassle of dealing with them, their prices and more importantly how they treat my truck-like one more peice of crap that they have to work on that day! my brother took his truck in for an oil change two weeks ago and found about four six inch long scratches down the side of his fender when he got the truck back- of course the dealer denied it!
i'll do my own maintenance on my truck. that way- i know everything was done right!!!!!!!
Old 01-08-2006, 07:03 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
You mention "time to do other things." I'll bet you can change your own oil quicker than it takes to drive to the dealer, wait in line, get the "service", and then drive home.
Old 01-08-2006, 08:53 AM

I don't do my own.Haven't on any vehicle in a number of years.I'd quicker pull the head off it in the driveway then mess with darn oil changes.Always a mess,disposal a mess.I take my oil with me and sometimes the filter.They lube it,air psi etc.for 15$ bucks labor.Always wait on it and drink their coffee.They even have the needle fitting for the front shaft and lube it.before I changed to syn.oil I used THEIR coupons and oil,lube.filter was $54.00 with the oil in the 15w40 Mopar jugs.Did that for the first 15k and the FIRST one was FREE or should say its paid for by D.C.My neighbor got a book of coupons when he bought his.Gives him LOFs for as long as he owns the truck every 7500 miles.he loves it.Takes them his own fuel filter and they sell the air filters at jobber wholesale.He's HAPPY with that deal.