3rd Gen Engine and Drivetrain -> 2003-2007 5.9 liter Engine and drivetrain discussion only. PLEASE, NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

Mag Hytec For Front AAM 9.25

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2008, 08:56 PM
D45

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mag Hytec For Front AAM 9.25

I will soon have a 4.5" Fabtech lift kit installed, with dual front steering stabilizers, track bar drop bracket and a Thuren adjustable bar.

I want to replace the front and rear diff covers with a set from Mag Hytec.

I know the rear diff cover will go on without any issues.....but, I have read about clearance issues with the front AAM 9.25, when running a lift kit with dual steering stabilizers.

http://www.mag-hytec.com/store/index...31efbaf03241bd

Does anyone any experience with the front diff cover or know of problems with it?

THANKS!
Old 09-24-2008, 10:17 PM

I can see the reason for the Mag-Hytec cover on the rear and their double deep trans pan, but why on the front end? Are the front gears going to overheat when rotating with no power applied while cruising down the road? Probably not. If it were me I'd put the $280 for the front cover towards a manual hub conversion. Just my .02
Old 09-25-2008, 03:54 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
There are some threads on here where some guys were having some rubbing issues with the MH on the front diff. To my knowledge they never made a design change so it is hit or miss if yours will rub.

Well I didn't take a chance on it. I just bought a PML for the front. But I do love my MH's for the rear diff and dd trans pan. But I thought the MH for the front looked kinda goofy...weird design....and then with the rubbing issue it was a no brainer.

PML on the front. Who would know the difference?...you can't look at both ends of the truck at the same time.

Old 09-25-2008, 07:58 PM

Defiant makes a dual stabilizer kit that fits with the Mag covers. I have a 4.5" lift and thuren trackbar and defiants stabilizer setup along with my Mag cover up front.
Old 10-01-2008, 10:00 PM
PCM

Originally Posted by TexasCTD
There are some threads on here where some guys were having some rubbing issues with the MH on the front diff. To my knowledge they never made a design change so it is hit or miss if yours will rub.

Well I didn't take a chance on it. I just bought a PML for the front. But I do love my MH's for the rear diff and dd trans pan. But I thought the MH for the front looked kinda goofy...weird design....and then with the rubbing issue it was a no brainer.

PML on the front. Who would know the difference?...you can't look at both ends of the truck at the same time.

EXACTLY the same thing I did and for the same reasons. pcm