3rd Gen Engine and Drivetrain -> 2003-2007 5.9 liter Engine and drivetrain discussion only. PLEASE, NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

Local tranny guys dumb or me

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2007, 09:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mopig
Tranny guys here say its a lack of power Level 5 I hit it it revs some snap but it needs to be rolling before it comes to it. From a stop it seems it slips not when i drive normal. Have lockup in od

No crud or metal, burnt fluid. Did the filter and new fluid. Still no change 1 guy told me the diesels somtime cant get up the ramp in his shop. Seems he just not into doing mine. Truck drives fine as along as i dont mash the pedal.

Ok the guy who told you the diesels cant get up the ramp in his shop. Do not ever talk to him again because he is a moron! They were designed to haul loads so pulling its self up a ramp is simple. Check your boost sounds like your not making good boost.
Old 03-25-2007, 08:13 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
yeah, i would take the edge off, take off anything aftermarket,

then have the dealer look for "power loss" conditions

the dealer is not equipped to troubleshoot something as complicated as the CTD /dodge ECU PCM stuff WITH modifications on it.

return it to stock as possible, then give us some more symptoms.

SOTP is so hard to troubleshoot over the 'net.

but, I ended up trading in my 04 for "mysterious problems" that the dealer could find due to my modifications.
Old 03-25-2007, 12:01 PM

No the truck does not shutter. I had them go over the truck with out the edge. When the lighting struck the edge took the brunt of the blow. The truck wouldnt hardly idle. I pulled the edge and drove it to the dealer. When they did the work the edge was off and that is all i have in it. ??? i need i guess is how do i check the boost. Also will i gain by tc and vb??? It all seems problems on low end side. When it locks up i can tell. I was thinking the shift servos took a hit???? Any ways to test this could this be somthing to look at.
Old 03-25-2007, 09:04 PM

Unhappy

Mine has the same trouble. I dont wan to put over 3 grand in something it should do to begin with. All I know is I want my 6 speed back
Old 03-25-2007, 09:09 PM

The stock fluid coupling is very loose,it could be as simple as that.A TC and VB on a 47,it may hold for a while,but your going to need to do the whole thing in time if you keep the edge box on it.
Old 03-25-2007, 09:45 PM

So should i get the tranny then. Do you guys think so then i can do it. I dont care how much i just want a truck to run good. The insurance company didnt trash the truck so im stuck with it for now. Getting rid of it is not a choice. Anyone have any thing to check maybe???
Old 04-03-2007, 03:18 PM

Well heres the update on the truck. Took it to the dealer Its funny how you tell the service writer what it does they write it down then they bring it in. The mech. looks at it then finds nothing.
So I go in and ask why they couldnt find what i told them.

So it leads me to this: 1 i go in ask to see the mech. that looked at it. 2 take him by the hand lead him to the truck 3 show him the inside of truck 4 tell him to watch the gauges 5 start truck pointing to gauges and explain what is not working.

Result of this: I need a few new parts. New Alt. Tranny shift mod, new grid heater, overhead cluster, alt belt, reprogram comp. forward control mod. Not sure what that is.

REMEBER STRUCK BY LIGHTING INSURANCE CLAIM LUCKY ME.

It really helps when you know how a truck works when you talk to them. When im done it will be new.
Old 04-03-2007, 03:44 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by John DiMartino
The stock fluid coupling is very loose,it could be as simple as that.A TC and VB on a 47,it may hold for a while,but your going to need to do the whole thing in time if you keep the edge box on it.
Yeap, fluid coupling in the stock converter is not that good. I deal with it everytime I tow heavy. I am living with it until I get past the 7/70,000 powertrain warranty.