3rd Gen Engine and Drivetrain -> 2003-2007 5.9 liter Engine and drivetrain discussion only. PLEASE, NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

Liking My Backup Alarm Today

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2006, 03:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Liking My Backup Alarm Today

1st post here but I've been lurking for a few months since I bought my truck, which I absolutely am in love with at 4k. So, I get in my truck this morning and pull out of the driveway, put her in gear and start hitting the gas when I realized I forgot something. Decided to leave her running in the street since what I had to get was on the porch. So, put her in park (or thought I did... I mean, I felt the shift lever hit the stop to the left but I guess it bounced just a hair to the right) and opened the door... BEEEP BEEEP BEEEP. If it's that easy for this to happen I'll keep the alarm thank you. I have a boat and it is somewhat of a pain hitching up and dunking the boat... but I'll take it over dumping my love in the salt water or getting run over. For you guys that don't have it and/or don't want it, make EXTRA EXTRA sure you are fully in park... PLEASE!!!
Old 06-06-2006, 04:09 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by CTDADD
For you guys that don't have it and/or don't want it, make EXTRA EXTRA sure you are fully in park... PLEASE!!!
Or just use the PARK brake...

(Thanks for the reminder though)
Old 06-06-2006, 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by CTDADD
For you guys that don't have it and/or don't want it, make EXTRA EXTRA sure you are fully in park... PLEASE!!!
Welcome to the club. Most of us here always use the parking brake. I tend to idle in neutral with the brake set. Respect the weight of your truck, the beep...beep of the alarm won't stop the truck, the parking brake will.
Old 06-06-2006, 04:49 PM

Well I was on level ground so normally I wouldn't even consider needing it. If I'm at the ramp, I always do but I'm not confident it would hold on the ramp grade with my boat, especially after a bit of cable stretch... Wo do have excellent brakes however so I could be wrong.