3rd Gen Engine and Drivetrain -> 2003-2007 5.9 liter Engine and drivetrain discussion only. PLEASE, NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

LazarSmith track bar bushings questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2009, 09:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LazarSmith track bar bushings questions

1. on their website the 2nd gen. bushings are white and the 3rd gen. are black are they the same material??

2. how does the offset bushings work on a stock height truck??

3. how do you line up the holes with the offset bushing?? can u rotate the offset bushing after being pressed in the track bar?

thanks guys
Old 07-11-2009, 09:43 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by tonitto
1. on their website the 2nd gen. bushings are white and the 3rd gen. are black are they the same material??

2. how does the offset bushings work on a stock height truck??

3. how do you line up the holes with the offset bushing?? can u rotate the offset bushing after being pressed in the track bar?

thanks guys

http://lazarsmith.com/SSSSS.html

I think it's the same material. Maybe the color was just different on one set vs another in the pics. Mine are white and I have a 3rd gen.

If you don't have any lift then you just get the regular bushings. If you have a lift (in my case I have a 2'' leveling kit) you get the off-set bushings to correct your geometry on the track bar. Ex. on the 2'' lift you would only get one bushing that is off-set and I think by 1/16th of an inch. Maybe it's 1/8th. im not positive. If you have more lift....you would want more off-set or both bushing off-set by a certain amount. Lazarsmith can answer the question direct when you order.

Once they are on the track bar, they shouldn't move out of place.

Old 11-08-2009, 01:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i tried the offset bushing. it didn't work very well. i noticed my steering wheel slowly becoming more and more off centre, didn't think much of it because the apparently the bushing will never rotate. so i just adjusted my drag link, then it started happening again - time to look for another cause - it was the bushing, it had started to rotate - so now instead of it compensating for the leveling kit, it now made it worse . . .

i had a bad experience with the bushing, but mike from lazarsmith was a pleasure to deal with. i haven't contacted him to let him know yet - just discovered it a couple days ago, i'm sure he'll chime in here.
Old 11-09-2009, 02:15 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Jason, you must not have used the SS roll pin we shipped with your order 16 months ago (happens sometimes, people throw it out with the packaging).

It indexes the offset bushing to prevent radial movement.

Let me know if you have the same address up there in T1Y 6V6 and I'll send you another one.