3rd Gen Engine and Drivetrain -> 2003-2007 5.9 liter Engine and drivetrain discussion only. PLEASE, NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

just got my registration renewal in the mail SMOG TEST REQUIRED!

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2010, 07:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Danderson
The important factor is getting an experienced smog guy who also owns and maintains his diesel so you can get an honest test. The subjective nature of the snap test is what worries me. Fortunately,I'm 20 months away from mine.
Yeah, your going to love hearing that snap test I bet. What are they thinking!!
Time is ticking away, you now have 19 months and 29 days.
Old 03-03-2010, 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by justin mcfall
Amen brotha!! If everyone got together to fight this garbage,it would never happen. Maybe we as a society will wake up one day and figure it out....
But then who is going to protect the bunny rabbits?
Old 03-04-2010, 01:21 AM

How's that hope and change work'n out for ya?
Old 03-04-2010, 07:07 AM

So back to the OP's Question?

Who's gone through it? I will have to in July based on the odd/even vin deal.
Old 03-04-2010, 02:49 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Fuel Taxes Must Rise, Harvard Researchers Say.

To meet the Obama administration’s targets for cutting greenhouse gas emissions, some researchers say, Americans may have to experience a sobering reality: gas at $7 a gallon.

To reduce carbon dioxide emissions in the transportation sector 14 percent from 2005 levels by 2020, the cost of driving would simply have to increase, according to a forthcoming report by researchers at Harvard’s Belfer Center for Science and International Affairs.

The 14 percent target was set in the Environmental Protection Agency’s budget for fiscal 2010.

If gas hits $7.00 you can bet Diesel will be as high or higher. Now go thank the White house for this mess.
Old 03-04-2010, 03:05 PM
Administrator / Severe Concussion Aficionado

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Thank God for living in the swamps.

Been watching for threads like this. Called my buddy to make arrangements to get my inspection done. (Working in Texas, inspection due this month). Told him about my mods, he wants me to help do his shop truck.

Inspection for us goes like this. Sign here, thanks, heres your sticker, you owe me 10 bucks.

Registration is about 75 bucks a year, and has nothing to do with vehicle inspection. Drive to DMV, show proof of insurance, pay money, get new registration and tag sticker, leave. And thats if you dont get it in the mail.

Bet yall are wishing things still worked like it does down here in the sticks eh....
Old 03-04-2010, 03:25 PM

Would turning the POD down on the Smarty to say 15% work for the snap test?
Old 03-04-2010, 04:06 PM

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by DBLR
Fuel Taxes Must Rise, Harvard Researchers Say.

To meet the Obama administration’s targets for cutting greenhouse gas emissions, some researchers say, Americans may have to experience a sobering reality: gas at $7 a gallon.

To reduce carbon dioxide emissions in the transportation sector 14 percent from 2005 levels by 2020, the cost of driving would simply have to increase, according to a forthcoming report by researchers at Harvard’s Belfer Center for Science and International Affairs.

The 14 percent target was set in the Environmental Protection Agency’s budget for fiscal 2010.

If gas hits $7.00 you can bet Diesel will be as high or higher. Now go thank the White house for this mess.
Don't suppose we could just harvest our domestic energy resources,create jobs here and be relatively independent of the rest of the world could we? Naw.
Old 03-04-2010, 10:49 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by rick83864
One of many reasons we moved out of CA. I think CA is just making sure the owners haven't removed any smog devices. Hay my tags cost $89. for the year for 16k weight. Good luck

Just another reason why me and mine left. We used to have a Plymouth Neon for my beater/commuter car and it was having evap canister valve issues. 3 different Dodge dealers later and no dice, they couldn't find the part number on their microfiche or on their parts computer. I ended up taking it to a guy that cleared the code long enough to pass the smog test. Even showed him the receipts for all the diagnostic stuff and attempts to repair it, so he made sure it passed for me.

The craziest part of all was once we moved out of California it cleared up on it's own.
Old 03-05-2010, 11:25 AM

so no one has had this test done yet?????
Old 03-05-2010, 03:03 PM

What's wierd for me, is that my truck's VIN ends in an even number, so I should have been required to get mine smogged. But when I received the registration renewal, it didn't say I had to get mine smogged. I just paid the registration fees and I already have my tags on the truck...thank goodness.
Old 03-05-2010, 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by WhiteMule
Would turning the POD down on the Smarty to say 15% work for the snap test?
They will be checking software as well. That will only work on CAN vehicles for now since there is no support yet.

I wonder if we could rename the Smarty tune the same as the "approved" software and get through that way?

Mine will be compliant before it goes in. I saw this coming and removed the 50hp nozzles and ordered a new downpipe to get the cat back in there.
Old 03-05-2010, 06:14 PM

Maybe the inspectors are like the police in Mexico. $100 cash fixes everything
Old 03-05-2010, 06:46 PM

i think all of you should just move from cali and just let her fall in. if all of you guys are gone that leaves d max and power stroke owners along with a bunch of tree hugging granola eating hippies tht have nothing better to do then think of ways to make our life miserable. at home depot the other day looking for a fuel can none of them have vents anymore and on the tag what's it say? california emisions approved. Im in MAINE! These new fuel cans are a joke. I just end up taking the spout off and dumping more fuel than I would have lost through the vent. Once all DTR members and familys leave it wouldn't hurt my feelings the whole state just slid into the Pacific.
sorry for the rant just ruined a new pair of gloves trying to pour gas.
Old 03-05-2010, 07:25 PM

You don't want a gas can, you want a liquid container. Try a shop that sells dirt bikes.

Quick Reply: just got my registration renewal in the mail SMOG TEST REQUIRED!