3rd Gen Engine and Drivetrain -> 2003-2007 5.9 liter Engine and drivetrain discussion only. PLEASE, NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

Just Got My Genos Catalog And.....

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2007, 09:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just Got My Genos Catalog And.....

I just got my Genos catalog and I can see now that some $$$$$ is fixing to depart from my wallet. Not sure what I want to order first.
Who all has changed their rear differential cover and which one did you install? Also, anybody put the 48RE DD trans. pan on yet? How well is it protected due to the extra depth? Ease of install? I see they have the filter maintenance kits but I didn't see a listing that suits my maintenance schedule, I change fuel filter with every oil change, guess I could just order extra fuel filters???? Gotta remember to get the "GOT DIESEL" t-shirt!!!!
Old 03-04-2007, 10:23 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'll be ordering a mag-hytec cover tomorrow morning.

I know others like the PML; I think Mag is just a little bit better. Plus, I have used 3 different Mag covers over the years with ZERO problems.

Tony
Old 03-04-2007, 10:48 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by PoorMansCat
I just got my Genos catalog and I can see now that some $$$$$ is fixing to depart from my wallet. Not sure what I want to order first.
Who all has changed their rear differential cover and which one did you install? Also, anybody put the 48RE DD trans. pan on yet? How well is it protected due to the extra depth? Ease of install? I see they have the filter maintenance kits but I didn't see a listing that suits my maintenance schedule, I change fuel filter with every oil change, guess I could just order extra fuel filters???? Gotta remember to get the "GOT DIESEL" t-shirt!!!!
If you liked the catalog... you should scroll through there web site. The purchase is only a click away compared to just seeing the price in the catalog!

I have all 3 Mag-Hytec covers. IMO, they're top of the line compared to some of the " mainly " decorative" covers out. There's a lot of quality built into them and they been out for years. The front and back have drain plugs and dipsticks. The trans has a pre-threaded port for your trans temp gauge and it's deep but, doesn't cause a protection problem. It's still up there a ways.

There aren't any clearance issues but, the front cover comes VERY close to the crossover steering bar. A couple of the screws on the cover are a little hard to get to but, with patience it can be done.

Old 03-04-2007, 11:32 AM

DTR is trying to get set up with FLEETGUARD OIL and FUEL filters so check here first

I change filters often so I am just waiting for Lary (TOP) to give me the word and I will be getting them right here
Old 03-04-2007, 11:35 AM

what about something for under the hood

http://www.genosgarage.com/prodinfo....=ABM_VC0305BLU

sorry dont know how to post pics
Old 03-04-2007, 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by tritont
If you liked the catalog... you should scroll through there web site. The purchase is only a click away compared to just seeing the price in the catalog!
I have all 3 Mag-Hytec covers. IMO, they're top of the line compared to some of the " mainly " decorative" covers out. There's a lot of quality built into them and they been out for years. The front and back have drain plugs and dipsticks. The trans has a pre-threaded port for your trans temp gauge and it's deep but, doesn't cause a protection problem. It's still up there a ways.

There aren't any clearance issues but, the front cover comes VERY close to the crossover steering bar. A couple of the screws on the cover are a little hard to get to but, with patience it can be done.

Where did you get the steering dampner? I like that but really wanted the dual one. Any ideas. Mag Hytec looks great also.

Last edited by Totallyrad; 03-04-2007 at 07:52 PM. Reason: repair quote
Old 03-04-2007, 06:54 PM

Thanks for the quick responses and info.... What I wanna know is how SINGLETURNOUT knew my truck was blue? That blue valve cover would put a little "bling" under the hood!!!...
TRITONT, great photos, thanks alot!!, Looks like you've spent some time on your rig, any photos of the entire truck?..
Old 03-04-2007, 07:10 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by AWestbrook
Where did you get the steering dampner? I like that but really wanted the dual one. Any ideas. Mag Hytec looks great also.
It is a dual kit from Superlift but, I had to remove one side do to the Mag-Hytec cover. The cover sticks out to far. Even with a custom bracket, because of where the shock mounts to the cross bar, a dual shock won't work with the pumpkin cover.

PoorMansCatThanks. I have a few pics in my gallery.
Old 03-04-2007, 07:31 PM
Banned

Old 03-04-2007, 07:38 PM

AWESTBROOK, I see youre from Sugarland, you don't work for BJ Services do ya?
Old 03-04-2007, 07:43 PM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by singleturnout
what about something for under the hood

http://www.genosgarage.com/prodinfo....=ABM_VC0305BLU

sorry dont know how to post pics
$375!!!!! I ain't saying that it's not worth it... Phew!! That's a few bills. Looks good tho...
Old 03-04-2007, 07:50 PM

hey TRITONT!
how much dough you got into those covers? and do you have any temperature differences before/after?
Old 03-04-2007, 10:28 PM

AWESTBROOK, I see youre from Sugarland, you don't work for BJ Services do ya?
No, I work for Noble Drilling here in Sugar Land, actually work offshore as a rig manager(toolpusher) and work in the office on my days off.
Old 03-04-2007, 10:30 PM

It is a dual kit from Superlift but, I had to remove one side do to the Mag-Hytec cover. The cover sticks out to far. Even with a custom bracket, because of where the shock mounts to the cross bar, a dual shock won't work with the pumpkin cover.

PoorMansCatThanks. I have a few pics in my gallery.
ok, I guess you made my mind up about one thing. I was going to order the front Mag but I guess not now. I saw the dual kit and I think I need it due to just putting on 22.5's. I think it will help keep me steady. 'Did you notice a difference with the dual kit on front or not really?
Old 03-06-2007, 08:55 PM

If you liked the catalog...
tritont, what is the "thing" that's feeding oil into your filler cap?

Quick Reply: Just Got My Genos Catalog And.....