3rd Gen Engine and Drivetrain -> 2003-2007 5.9 liter Engine and drivetrain discussion only. PLEASE, NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

Injectors and Bully Dog Power Pup

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2006, 05:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sounds like the truck went into limp mode. It was trying to save itself

Originally Posted by Underpsi
Well something unexpected happened tonight when I took it out for a drive. I turned the bully dog up to 100% and with the edge on level 3 which is the highest cuz it just has a little toggle switch to select the level and I got my g/f to watch to see what the highest fuel rail pressure and she said it went up to atleast 26,000psi. So we stopped at her firends house for a couple mins and I decide I wanna see if it changes if I turn the edge down to the lowest level so i get and pop the hood and flick the toggle to the lowest level. Later on we hop on the highway so i figure now might be a good time to try it out, i turn the bully dog up to 100% again and give it a bit and decide theres too many cars around and its not straight enough. So i figure i'll just turn it back down to 0% and try it out on a country road later. Well I turned it down to 0 and the next thing i know the check engine light comes on and i lose alot of power, its still running it just as no ***** and doesn't do much when i hit the throttle. So it slows down to 60mph and doesn't go any faster. I decided im just gonna limp it home cuz its only about 5 miles, well driving it home I notice the transmission(auto) doesn't seem to be shifting right either. I finally get her home and decide to check the codes with the bully dog and the code PO299 comes up anybody have a clue what it is? and what happened? sorry for the long speel.
Old 01-14-2006, 10:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
it did go into limp mode. I clear the codes today and everything is fine, but i still don't know why it did that. excessive rail pressure?
Old 01-14-2006, 10:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What year is the truck? Maybe its the year that has sensors to detect when the person in the drivers seat has heavy feet and light head. ks