3rd Gen Engine and Drivetrain -> 2003-2007 5.9 liter Engine and drivetrain discussion only. PLEASE, NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

How to get front servo spring out?! 48RE

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2007, 03:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation How to get front servo spring out?! 48RE

I am installing a Goerend valvebody. I got an upgraded spring to put in the front servo but I am not sure how to get the cup out. I put a jack and extension on the cup and successfully pushed it up, but the little button in the center that presses on the arm doesnt go up with it, so I cant get the arm out of the way! Should I jack up on the arm? I dont want to bend anything so I am not really wanting to give it a try unless someone says that is how to do it.

Thanks!

(I am trying to get this together in the rain for a dyno day tomorrow, so that is why I am in a hurry!)

EDIT: It looks like I have to back the band adjuster all the way out, is that right? Sitting in the cold rain gave me that idea
Old 10-26-2007, 03:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am going to answer my own post, maybe this will help some other poor auto trans disabled person. You just need to back the band adjuster out. It is on the drivers side, a nut around a torx adjuster in the middle. Looks like the adjuster is brass but it probably isnt. The nut is 3/4". The nut is super duper tight from the factory, not reverse threaded like I started thinking, you almost need a breaker.

P.S. If you dont know what you are doing it would help to have a shop manual.