3rd Gen Engine and Drivetrain -> 2003-2007 5.9 liter Engine and drivetrain discussion only. PLEASE, NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

How does the dodge connect the axles?

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2007, 01:32 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
http://auto.howstuffworks.com/differential.htm
Old 01-05-2007, 02:51 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lol...I think "3wd" is just a figure of speach guys. Nobody is actually claiming it is mechanically 3wd so don't take it so literally. Like I said, go get stuck if you don't know what he meant...cause you will soon find out!
Old 01-05-2007, 05:59 AM

Thumbs down

You guy`s can really twist **** around. Maybe if you read my posts you would see what I`m trying to explain. I`m not trying to sell anyone anything, but when someone starts flapping at the gums and gives me flack about my post before they understand it. Well that`s just the way it rolls.
Now re-read what I`m saying and quit trying to bash people.
If you don`t agree that`s fine, but keep your opinion/comment`s of someone statements out of the conversation and this would be a lot smoother and more helpful informative topic of discussion. What the F man. Grow up.
If you simply don`t understand my point, just ask. It`s that simple.
I didnt come to this site to *****, haggle and fight. If you can`t reply without all the harassment, then I`ll just leave you to it.
This is directed at all the negative crap from anyone and everyone involved.
If you can`t converse with human decentcy I will no long respond to you.
I`m done with the baby crap.
Old 01-05-2007, 10:57 AM

Sorry Dr.D,after rereading your posts I think everyone reading this understands exacly what you are TRYING to write, we are just pointing out that the way you are writing it is not correct. I doupt anyone would be "BASHING" you if you had not started making arrogant comments to wetspiret like "you may want to retract your last statement", he was just trying to help you not sound so uneducated....then you go on to brag about how you did all this research, and field testing only to go on later and say that a limited slip diff will "lock up" by using the brakes....are you kidding me!!!! It is obvious by reading this post who is "educated".

I still love you Dr.D and everyone else on DTR, everyones views and opinions are great and nobody deserves to be bashed or riddiculed for them, and for my above rant I am sorry. I guess it's just fun to act childish sometimes!!!!
Old 01-05-2007, 11:49 AM

Wink

Originally Posted by redeyedracer
Sorry Dr.D,after rereading your posts I think everyone reading this understands exacly what you are TRYING to write, we are just pointing out that the way you are writing it is not correct. I doupt anyone would be "BASHING" you if you had not started making arrogant comments to wetspiret like "you may want to retract your last statement", he was just trying to help you not sound so uneducated....then you go on to brag about how you did all this research, and field testing only to go on later and say that a limited slip diff will "lock up" by using the brakes....are you kidding me!!!! It is obvious by reading this post who is "educated".

I still love you Dr.D and everyone else on DTR, every-ones views and opinions are great and nobody deserves to be bashed or riddiculed for them, and for my above rant I am sorry. I guess it's just fun to act childish sometimes!!!!
See, it statement`s like this that have no bearing on the subject. You have no factual input. Just more comments of someone opinion or what I did or didn`t say. I guess if you don`t know or don`t understand the subject, it`s better to just add your opinion of someone staments, opinion and understanding.
But hey, that your choise. Just don`t expect me to play your game.
I made a simplified outline of the question in my response to help someone else understand and it`s come down to this load of B/S because of statements taken out of context. You hear what you want of what you read.
I don`t need to prove anything to anyone, and my outline statement was aimed at helping. Unlike most of the reply`s.
Old 01-05-2007, 05:00 PM

I just want to know which is better, the limited slip in my dodge or the g80 in the chevy. I ask this because my brother is looking at 2 trucks an 04 dodge,and an 05 gmc he was sold on the dodge until I mentioned I thought the 4x4 in the gm was better, now he's mad at me. I only told him that because I pulled a 8,000 lb. trailer thru deep snow without any problem.
with my 04 chevy. can my current 06 dodge do that? please help me help him make a good decision,because in his buisness 4x4 is a must. hopefully someone else who has used both will be able to chime in with an honest opinion. Thanks
Old 01-05-2007, 07:31 PM

Talking

Originally Posted by DieselDo
I just want to know which is better, the limited slip in my dodge or the g80 in the chevy. I ask this because my brother is looking at 2 trucks an 04 dodge,and an 05 gmc he was sold on the dodge until I mentioned I thought the 4x4 in the gm was better, now he's mad at me. I only told him that because I pulled a 8,000 lb. trailer thru deep snow without any problem.
with my 04 chevy. can my current 06 dodge do that? please help me help him make a good decision,because in his buisness 4x4 is a must. hopefully someone else who has used both will be able to chime in with an honest opinion. Thanks
Both are very good setup`s. For street use and towing you`ll never notice any difference between them.
If by chance you ever get stuck in thew mud, the G80 will lock easier. But the AAM diff. locks also. I tested mine in Tahoe in the snow.
Old 01-05-2007, 07:35 PM
Banned

i like the solid axles. IFS stinks IMO

brett
Old 01-05-2007, 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by bretteaton
anyone have a link for the $600 elocker? i think that would be a pretty inexpensive mod to make the old girl get around some soft land a little better

brett
Ye ask and Ye shall receive...
This was an e-mail returned to me from www.justdifferentials.com
The front diff replacement carrier with locker sells for $569.00 without the wire harness or switch.
It`s a swap out front case/carrier with locker kit. Phone # for Carl. 425-609-1090.
And no, I`m not affiliated with them and I`m not selling anything.
Just trying to help those who request Help/Info.
I thought this would be a great way to eliminate the front diff. issue`s at a low price. A true locker for $600.00 bucks...How does the dodge connect the axles?-img_0114.jpg
Old 01-05-2007, 07:54 PM

Question

i like the solid axles. IFS stinks IMO

brett
What`s the letter`s IFS stand for.
Solids work great, but play havoc on the street.
Old 01-05-2007, 08:06 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by DrDiesel
What`s the letter`s IFS stand for.
Solids work great, but play havoc on the street.
independant front suspension. had it on my lifted expedition, then on my K3500. never again. those dang seals will cost you some serious cabbage over time

brett
Old 01-05-2007, 08:11 PM

Wink

independant front suspension. had it on my lifted expedition, then on my K3500. never again. those dang seals will cost you some serious cabbage over time

brett
Yeah. Been there, done that. Hated it...
I thought you meant a sold axle without the diff. like a Strange setup.
Old 01-06-2007, 01:11 PM

Talking

Originally Posted by chucktuna
Yea, I'd like to see this....now if I could only get one for the rear

chas
Here it is. www.justdifferentials.com
The locker kit for the front diff. is $569.00 without the wire harness or the switch. Reinstall your ring gear, run a wire harness, activation switch and your set.