3rd Gen Engine and Drivetrain -> 2003-2007 5.9 liter Engine and drivetrain discussion only. PLEASE, NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

Holley Blue vs Holley Black

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2007, 09:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by P.J
Like 75 psi...........
That's what I was thinking, need a regulator with Walbro pump.
Old 12-13-2007, 09:35 AM

yeah i ment yes i went out at break and crawled under the truck sorry i was just getting back on to edit my post
Old 12-13-2007, 09:53 AM
P.J
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by CTD03
yeah i ment yes i went out at break and crawled under the truck sorry i was just getting back on to edit my post
No biggie. There have been regulator/return line discussions in reference to Walbro set ups for quite a while here.
Old 12-13-2007, 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by P.J
No biggie. There have been regulator/return line discussions in reference to Walbro set ups for quite a while here.

thanks

little in left field since i've been thinking about upgrading cp3 pump
Old 12-13-2007, 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by dshind
I still have the original fuel filter mounted lift pump. Can one of these hollys take it's place? By that I mean can it be used as the only fuel pump? I read that everyone says get a walbro or glacier,etc. So can a fairly cheap holly work and last a long time?

By itself, the Holley won't supply that much more fuel than the factory pump. If you're going to remove the factory lift pump I'd go with the Walbro, Air Dog or FASS setup.
Old 12-13-2007, 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by ptgarcia
By itself, the Holley won't supply that much more fuel than the factory pump. If you're going to remove the factory lift pump I'd go with the Walbro, Air Dog or FASS setup.
Now you're talking. Just get it done once and done right. No need in delaying the inevitable. It's like bending over dollars to grab nickels.
Old 12-13-2007, 01:39 PM

plus the life on the walbro is supposed to be one of the best
Old 12-14-2007, 09:52 AM

I know you guys with your Walbro, Air Dog or FASS, think; "Just get it done once and done right. No need in delaying the inevitable. It's like bending over dollars to grab nickels." But you guys have problems also, so let us ask our questions please.

I'm looking for a little help here,

If I go with a Holley Black (or even a blue) pushing my stock OEM lift pump on the filter, Do I need to use a fuel regulator? I'm not using one now with my BD Aux. (Carter ) set-up. I'm getting 17psi now at idle, is that too much and will the Holly give more?
Old 12-14-2007, 10:07 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by AlCorr
I know you guys with your Walbro, Air Dog or FASS, think; "Just get it done once and done right. No need in delaying the inevitable. It's like bending over dollars to grab nickels." But you guys have problems also, so let us ask our questions please.

If I go with a Holley Black (or even a blue) pushing my stock OEM lift pump on the filter, Do I need to use a fuel regulator? I'm not using one now with my BD Aux. (Carter ) set-up. I'm getting 17psi now at idle, is that too much and will the Holly give more?
No regulator is needed with the Holley's. The pressure will be similar to what you're seeing now. Anything under 30psi is fine.
Old 12-14-2007, 10:18 AM

so can anyone tell me how to wire this pump. am having a hard time seeing how to do it. i got a 4 prung relay with a ground, 12v in , 12 v out and a on off prung. if some one could tell me that would be great.
Old 12-14-2007, 10:38 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by crownsey54
so can anyone tell me how to wire this pump. am having a hard time seeing how to do it. i got a 4 prung relay with a ground, 12v in , 12 v out and a on off prung. if some one could tell me that would be great.
Ground goes to Ground (-)
12V In goes to + on battery
12V Out goes to + on pump
On/Off (trigger) goes to + on stock lift pump power wire

...and pump ground (-) gets grounded to the body/frame.
Old 12-14-2007, 10:59 AM

thxs i see how to do it now.
Old 12-14-2007, 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by AlCorr

Come on Al, I'll do the Holley pump with you. But I'm frugal (really I'm broke ) so I'm gonna try one of those Pro Comp pumps on eBay. I'm going to plumb it in-line with the factory pump triggered with the factory pumps power. Should be able to get it done for less than $75.
Old 12-14-2007, 01:02 PM

Just dont forget to remove the screen, give the pump a fair shake, or youll be bashing them like o lot of others in a month or so. They just cant hardly pull this thick diesel through such tiny screen, youll see what i meen when you remove it. Good Luck Guys!!
Old 12-14-2007, 01:03 PM

Will do. Thanks for the "heads up".

Quick Reply: Holley Blue vs Holley Black