3rd Gen Engine and Drivetrain -> 2003-2007 5.9 liter Engine and drivetrain discussion only. PLEASE, NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

Holley Blue vs Holley Black

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2007, 01:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I hate to drag this tread on for ever but now I'm looking at the Procomp black pumps. They look just like the Holley pumps and have the same specifications. It's either Procomp is making the Red, Blue and Black pumps for Holly or Holley is making them for Procomp. Anyone know? I'm talking maybe 1/3 the price.
Old 12-12-2007, 01:13 PM

Procomp is a copy off holley i know they even look idenical but thier not! Ive taken them all apart before. I didnt have good luck with a procomp black, they use a diff. seal desgine that doesnt seem great to me. It leaked after only 1 year allowing fuel in with the motor windings, causing failure. Do your selves a favor if your going with holley pumps blue or black- get them at a local parts store such as o'reilys, you have a 1 year replacment no question that will make you feel much better. You will not get this warranty with the other at a swap meet or e-bay etc... JMO
Old 12-12-2007, 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by CTD03
would the blue or black hook up were my walbro is if it ever fails on me

if so i will be going to get one this weekend and keep in my truck
Originally Posted by AlCorr
I'm thinking you could carry one as a spare, but why?

Well because my walbro is making a different sound and i am afraid its going to let me down along the road
Old 12-12-2007, 01:18 PM
Banned

Well because my walbro is making a different sound and i am afraid its going to let me down along the road
Then just buy a new Walbro as a spare. The Walbro pumps themselves only cost around the same price as a Holley Blue. Would make changing it out on the side of the road a little easier if you had the same pump.
Old 12-12-2007, 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by jrussell
Then just buy a new Walbro as a spare. The Walbro pumps themselves only cost around the same price as a Holley Blue. Would make changing it out on the side of the road a little easier if you had the same pump.
Can you give us a link where to get a Walbro at that price, undder a $150, Thanks.
Old 12-12-2007, 02:57 PM

I really want to do a Walbro, "cheap on ebay" but I can not get a SWAGELOK B-4 CPA2-3 (regulator). HELP if anyone can hook me up. I have been to swagelok website and that is not going to help. Houston area or internet.
Old 12-12-2007, 05:17 PM
Banned

Can you give us a link where to get a Walbro at that price, undder a $150, Thanks.
Pretty sure this is the one... http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/WALBR...spagenameZWDVW
Old 12-13-2007, 12:22 AM

Fisherguy, "I also wish a guy didn't need to use rubber hose and hose clamps when cutting into the steel lines, something thee just don't seem right...?"

It's not as bad as you may think. I don't know about your 06, but on my 04 the steel lines comes out of my tank down along frame rail and changes to a rubber hose with clamps about 2 feet from engine. So I don't feel bad using more rubber hose's, I would care if the whole thing was rubber hose. Maybe upgrade to 1/2 inch rubber hose.
Really?
I'll hafta take a closer look, thanks for the info.
Old 12-13-2007, 06:09 AM

Is this the Walbro pump everyone is using?

Do I need a pressure regulator with this pump?

$120 shipped isn't a bad price.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/WALBR...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 12-13-2007, 06:22 AM

YES pressure regulator with walbro on my set up i bought the kit from glacier

took 1 hour to put it on my truck but i didnt have to drop the tank just kut the lines and the way i went

Last edited by CTD03; 12-13-2007 at 09:36 AM. Reason: had to fix my messup on regulator
Old 12-13-2007, 07:11 AM

I still have the original fuel filter mounted lift pump. Can one of these hollys take it's place? By that I mean can it be used as the only fuel pump? I read that everyone says get a walbro or glacier,etc. So can a fairly cheap holly work and last a long time?
Old 12-13-2007, 07:40 AM
P.J
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by dshind
I still have the original fuel filter mounted lift pump. Can one of these hollys take it's place? By that I mean can it be used as the only fuel pump? I read that everyone says get a walbro or glacier,etc. So can a fairly cheap holly work and last a long time?
That is a really tight spot to work in.

I would imagine you'd be better off installing it down along the frame rail where it is easy to install/service.
Old 12-13-2007, 08:09 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by dshind
Yeah it'll work, but what's your definition of a "long time"?
Old 12-13-2007, 08:25 AM

no pressure regulator with walbro on my set up i bought the kit from glacier

took 1 hour to put it on my truck but i didnt have to drop the tank just kut the lines and the way i went

if you bought the entire pump kit, you do have a bypass regulator. without the regulator your pressure should be crazy high!
Old 12-13-2007, 08:51 AM
P.J
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by moneytlks01
if you bought the entire pump kit, you do have a bypass regulator. without the regulator your pressure should be crazy high!
Like 75 psi...........

Quick Reply: Holley Blue vs Holley Black