3rd Gen Engine and Drivetrain -> 2003-2007 5.9 liter Engine and drivetrain discussion only. PLEASE, NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

Code P0341 Cam Sensor

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2006, 08:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Code P0341 Cam Sensor

New user that just found this site and wished I would have found it a few months ago for advise. - Long story and not sure if this problem has popped up on this board before but wanted to relay the info.

I purchsed my 05 2500 in August and love it but not when it hit 7K miles. I got stuck in between Mobile and Pensacola around midnight. The oil pressure peggd out high, then went to zero and the engine started knocking and then quit. Had it towed in and then went back the next morning to let the mechanic know what was wrong. He crancked it right up and it ran great but still no oil pressure. Found 5 codes, main one was the Cam sensor. He replaced the cam sensor and oil sending unit. Still no pressure. 5 star told him it was electrical but that I could run it long enough to get back home as it might take several days to track down.
On the way home it happened again. Started running worse than before and smoking real bad. Dropped it off where I purchased and all codes present again but this time they found a code for water in fuel (it did not have). They talked me into changing the fuel filter - charged me $155 after I threatened the lemon law and sent me on my way. Drove it about 50 miles and it occured once more. Took it back to same dealer and he said that they needed to drain the tank (for a mere $600 no less). I refused, took it down the road to another dealer and they got online with 5 star again and found a bad A/C high pressure switch. That was 3 months ago, never had another problem and it has 16K on it now. Runs great!

Beware, not all dealers mechanics are created equal! Funny part is, I called my dealer back where I purchased and the service manager told me that I would be sorry and that there is no way that the A/C switch could have caused that - his mechanic was a 35 year diesel mechanic and knew what he was talking about. He was also going to have his local Dodge Rep call me and tell me that as well that same day - never happened. They also put it on my record with Dodge that if I were to have any more problems with the truck that there is fuel contamination and not to warranty it. The dealer that fixed my truck had that taken off.
Old 02-01-2006, 09:10 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
There's a thread on a wiring harness chaffing against the AC compressor and shorting on '05 models. This is the same harness that supplies the power to both the A/C transducer and the cam shaft sensor.

MikeyB
Old 02-01-2006, 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by MikeyB
There's a thread on a wiring harness chaffing against the AC compressor and shorting on '05 models. This is the same harness that supplies the power to both the A/C transducer and the cam shaft sensor.

MikeyB

Yes, that is actually what the tech notes from 5 Star asked them to check for when the problem orginally surfaced. They did check it and could not find any problems with the chaffing. Obviously there was some type of problem in that area however to cause the same sort of problems.
GaDawg
Old 02-25-2006, 11:09 AM

Codes

What were the other codes.... I am having the same troubles.... I had a Battery temp sensor and the crankshaft sensor.... Truck is running poorly....Stalls and sputters.... Trying to pin point my problem... Dealer replaced the Camshaft Sensor and Battery sensor.... Two days later Happened all over again.....
Old 02-26-2006, 02:42 AM

check the wire from the a/c high pressure sensor. I don't remember the posts but do a search someone posted pics of the wires being chaffed.