3rd Gen Engine and Drivetrain -> 2003-2007 5.9 liter Engine and drivetrain discussion only. PLEASE, NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

blk dually: what was wrong with your engine ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2006, 11:16 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by Deuce
How does this work now-------Superduty cannot post any longer because he is banned for voicing his opinion? Is this like a "time-out" for a while or is he permantly "banned"

JIM
He has been banned permanently, his bad attitude is no longer welcome here. It was NOT a matter of voicing his opinion, he was asked repeatedly to stop arguing in a personal manner with any one who disagreed with him.

His childish behavior included insulting people and even sank to making threats to members who disagreed with him. If you can't discuss something on here in an adult manner, you are not welcome here.
Old 03-09-2006, 11:31 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
edited by Admin

Last edited by Lary Ellis (Top); 03-09-2006 at 01:47 PM. Reason: childish banter
Old 03-09-2006, 07:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by v8440
edited by Admin

Would you like to try again?? Maybe without the nasties??
Old 03-10-2006, 08:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
He was a asset to this site with his ideas on the tone ring and his fuel lift pump setup and for me will be missed . I hate the thought of losing someone with his talent off this site but understand we need to keep the quality of this site from hitting the lower levels of some of the other net sites . His comments in this particular forum did not appear to be over the line to me and I hope they were not the reason for him being band on the whole site . I , like many others probably do not know the whole story behind it and will need to trust your judgment on this mater . In the time I have used this site I have never seen anyone else ever band from this site so it could not have been a easy decision for you and I wish it would have turned out differently but what is done is done . The reputation of this site as one of the best for Dodge diesel is proof that something is being done right . I chose to look at his talent for solving problems and was granted the gift of over looking his idiosyncrasy something you were not . Still it would have been nice if we had a time out corner like in kindergarten instead of him being band from the site . How about no milk and cookies for a week until he can learn to play well with others ?
Old 03-10-2006, 09:03 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
He tried one setup (the magnificent Walbro ), and thought it was "THE ONE" and only.

Problem was that he came across as being arrogant, and full of himself. No one else could be right, only his Walbro was the correct way.

And then he comes here, and picks fights, and is a smart "donkey" and makes the comment about real men fixing their own trucks.

Constructive critisism is one thing, being a jerk and full of yourself is something else.

This is like
Old 03-10-2006, 12:09 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by John Halter
He was a asset to this site with his ideas on the tone ring and his fuel lift pump setup and for me will be missed . I hate the thought of losing someone with his talent off this site but understand we need to keep the quality of this site from hitting the lower levels of some of the other net sites . His comments in this particular forum did not appear to be over the line to me and I hope they were not the reason for him being band on the whole site . I , like many others probably do not know the whole story behind it and will need to trust your judgment on this mater . In the time I have used this site I have never seen anyone else ever band from this site so it could not have been a easy decision for you and I wish it would have turned out differently but what is done is done . The reputation of this site as one of the best for Dodge diesel is proof that something is being done right . I chose to look at his talent for solving problems and was granted the gift of over looking his idiosyncrasy something you were not . Still it would have been nice if we had a time out corner like in kindergarten instead of him being band from the site . How about no milk and cookies for a week until he can learn to play well with others ?
We all hated to lose his information, but you can not deal with a person who uses his passion for something as an excuse to be downright offensive toward anyone who has a different mind set.

Several of us tried to talk with him, I even tried to make him understand that no matter what he said there was always going to be people who just didn't get it. So why waste time trying to argue with those individuals that would NEVER get it, and just ignore them and move on.

He refused to see any reason or logic in NOT being an offensive pest, I think he just enjoyed the opportunity to argue so much that it went beyond the content of what was even being discussed.

He actually had the nerve to PM myself and other Admins telling us NOT to allow certain people to post in any thread he was participating in. His ideas were worthy of sharing here , but everyone else should be muzzled and cut off from the threads in question.

That in itself shows his true nature, he wasn't interested in free exchange of ideas, he just wanted HIS ideas to be given the right to be heard. This place is not run in a manner where one person can shut another one up, just because he doesn't agree with his ideas.

As long as a member makes his remarks with in the rules of the site, it is not edited or removed. What that means simply is a post with no profanity and respectful of other members without personal insults is left untouched.

It isn't what you say, but rather how you go about saying it. Close to 99% of our members have no problem making a point without being abusive in the process, so naturally we expect the other 1% to act the same way.

When they don't and then refuse to even make an effort when asked to stop their offensive posting habits, it simply leaves me with no option but to ban the offender.

If anyone were to do a simple search on this members previous posts, you will see NUMEROUS attempts to warn him that his aggressive behavior was not going to be tolerated.

The final outcome should not have come as a surprise to anyone. We tried to avoid it, but the member obviously wanted it this way or he would have made a small change in his posting habits and avoided the entire issue altogether.